Community MetaSteam | June 2022 - It's Hot Outside! Sit and Play Some Videogames.

Status
Not open for further replies.

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018

---

On one hand it seems there's a chance for another remake on the horizon, Unreal this time, but we all know where it would land.
On the other hand the article suggest something more interesting that I believed it's something many people want to see it happen.
I'd be way too into a UE5 Unreal sequel. Just hope it doesn't turn out like U2. Maybe they can remake U2 XMP while they're at it.
I basically became sold upon the OST

Last edited:

Sobatronix

MetaMember
Mar 9, 2021
Expecting P5R PC at any event is setting yourself up for disappointment, that game's PC port has reached meme levels just like Bloodborne PC. However, the Marcus Fenix collection did leak, and I'm super excited for it, hopefully, it comes to steam as well.

Censored

I didn't delete that post!. Get my post back!.
Oct 8, 2021
Persona 5 Royal EGS exclusive.

Why? Because Atlus.
The only great thing about last year PC Gaming Show was Persona 4 Golden on Steam.
All those shows end being far from release date games that can be cancelled o delayed on the time being.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
So Ive been playing through Souldiers today.

Just a PSA for anybody considering it, this game is hard. Not just regular, garden variety hard, it just might be one of the most punishing games I've played in a very long time. I consider myself very good at these platformers/metroidvania type games, and some of the shit Souldiers has thrown at me is really making me evaluate whether seeing it through is worth the sheer aggravation.

Only the truly persistent need apply!
I saw that mentioned in one review too, which was surprising to me based on the demo.
Maybe the demo was easier, or maybe they don't throw too too much at you at the beginning? Very curious to try it when I get a chance.

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
Expecting P5R PC at any event is setting yourself up for disappointment, that game's PC port has reached meme levels just like Bloodborne PC. However, the Marcus Fenix collection did leak, and I'm super excited for it, hopefully, it comes to steam as well.
Hopefully it's revealed next week. Super excited to play Gears 2/3 at 120fps.

YourFriendMaynard

The flame is it's own reflection
Dec 21, 2018
They Always Run is a fun game both on switch/steam and there are few problems with the combat and it's all fun and game UP until that chase sequence that you can auto fail if you don't do it exact game developer man pls be more flexible and also pls fix the problems with your combat.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
The only great thing about last year PC Gaming Show was Persona 4 Golden on Steam.
All those shows end being far from release date games that can be cancelled o delayed on the time being.
P4G was the year before. Last year was nothing.

Has it been really two years since Persona 4? And nothing from Atlus on PC since? Amazing how badly run that company is
P4 Arena Ultimax, SMT3 Nocturne and P5 Strikers. Soul Hackers 2 this August.

About the only new Atlus release missing is 13 Sentinels.

Ports are not something Atlus does to any platform in any predictable cadence, so it’s hard to predict P5R.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I use to be a huge Apple Computers fanboy back when I was in middle school and highschool and now well..... Screw Apple, why are things so complicated?

How far removed am I from apple? I don't think I have signed into my Apple ID in over 10 years at this point.

------------

When I signed in, it said that Apple no longer uses user names and now requires me to use an email address instead to sign in.
-------

thanks again Ganado

2 years ago you sent me a Itunes gift card and I only just now redeemed it and it still worked,

This is what I ended up buying with it since it's the only place that sells it at a Decent Price

Last edited:
  • Eyes

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
When I signed in, it said that Apple no longer uses user names and now requires me to use an email address instead to sign in.
You can create an iCloud email, I think it should be possible with your existing ID.

• Eyes

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
You can create an iCloud email, I think it should be possible with your existing ID.
I'm not doing that.

My main point that I was trying to make was how it's been so long since I last even signed in to my Apple account that the way that Apple requirements for you to sign in are different. This is annoying because I just downloaded iTunes for Windows and it keeps asking for my AppleID and instead of it being the full email it only shows the username. I understand that this is a security thing (but it's like how they talk about Paper doors in Portal 2, they are pretty useless but would have at least slowed down the real criminal for a second or two while just being an inconvenience to me)

• Eyes

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
:wd_dealwithit:
Gee, who could have seen that one coming. The industry could have kept their microtransaction cake and kept eating it too, but nope, had to double down on this shit more and more. I expect regulations to come down on this pretty hard, once it does get going.

actual_norwegian_guy

Rebranded...
Apr 15, 2021
i have one thing to say regarding the atlus situation, and this is with a heavy heart that i say the following, for i had not thought that this day would ever come in my life:

WHO THE FUCK CARES ABOUT ATLUS WHEN YOU HAVE THE SECRET "RIDE VARIANT" OF THE REVERSE BIKE IN DEATH STRANDING, WHICH HAS SAM CONSTANTLY SAY "WOW, THIS BIKE IS SO COOL, IT SHOULD APPEAR ON THE RIDE WITH NORMAN REEDUS", (I JUST DISCOVERED THIS, IT'S SO FUCKING COOL)

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
That's Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order beaten. Overall I liked it a lot, I'm not the biggest Star Wars fan (I like the universe but like... not much that's been done in it). It makes for great games though. I can see why some people were meh on it, the combat can be janky because like all Souls-esque games it doesn't deal with multiple enemies well, but it is constantly throwing multiple enemies at you. As well, there are a million different enemy types, which is normally great, except the parry / dodge / reaction windows are quite different on all of them and it can be hard to keep track.

My biggest hopes for the sequel are better interactions with multiple enemies, a playable character other than Cal, and fewer slides. The level design I thought was mostly great except for the endless slides.

That's also the last of the "big" controller-on-PC games I had queued up for playing on my TV, so now I might fall back to some 2D metroidvanias I haven't played because I still don't have my Deck yet. :anguished-face:

ZKenir

MetaMember
May 10, 2019
Yeah they’re just slow tbh I don’t get the atlus memes outside of the weird release of Full Body/Catherine Classic, btw they also released P4AU day one

edit: oh it was mentioned already

Reactions: C-Dub and Tomasety

hersheyfan

South Sea Islander
Jul 17, 2021
Manila, Philippines
steamcommunity.com
I saw that mentioned in one review too, which was surprising to me based on the demo.
Maybe the demo was easier, or maybe they don't throw too too much at you at the beginning? Very curious to try it when I get a chance.
I never played the demo, unfortunately, just hopped in sight unseen. If the demo is the first area of the game, then believe me its not representative of the rest of it.

Don't get me wrong, game's pixel art is beautiful, level design is excellent, control scheme is... not the best, but tolerable. It's a otherwise solid game.

But the difficulty spike after the first area (which isnt exactly a pushover) is just absurd. Souldiers was made by a small team, so I guess they didn't have enough playtesting to perfect the game balance.

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
No Man's Sky for 50% off, worth it at this point? I like space and I like spaceships, but people on Reddit seem pretty unimpressed by the game still.

Also hi guys, been a while!
Not sure what subreddit you're on but the game is generally considered very good if you're into the gameplay loop of gather, craft items, explore, gradually upgrade. There are a million ways to focus your attention, and approximately 2 million (sometimes significant) mods. It has everything (?) the initial "promises" had plus some extra on top. The expeditions aren't a great way to learn the game but they're a fun way to change it up an experience it.

The only real criticisms I have are it's a VERY console-tized UI, to the point where a couple mods make a big difference, and some of the mechanics are super vague at first. The space combat isn't particularly good, but the game has never been about combat and honestly I wouldn't care if they removed it altogether. If you do NOT like "making your own path" kind of games, even though there are quests / stories, it probably gets repetitive after a while but I still enjoy it. The non-exploration part of the game (like factions, combat, etc.) can be janky.

Keep in mind the Steam reviews have been on the upward trend for so long it's gone from the initial bomb to now Very Positive recently and Mostly overall, which for a game that had such a negative launch is a huge change.

So yea, I'd recommend a few QoL mods in the long run but I still play periodically and never really get tired of seeing and exploring a new planet. Still seeing new types of stuff 115 hours in (and there are mods which I haven't used yet that can even expand the procedural engine on your side to see more variety).

Edit: I bought it for 50% or so like.... 4 years ago? And felt like it was worth it then, and that was like 8 major patches ago with them adding everything from multiplayer to sandworms (and other huge critters) to derelict ships to explore for that "creepy abandoned ship with unknown cause of no one on board" vibe to real base building with some automated resource gathering on top. But also I love me a sci-fi game, and I love Minecraft et all

Last edited:

sprinkles

Dec 8, 2018
P4 Arena Ultimax, SMT3 Nocturne and P5 Strikers. Soul Hackers 2 this August.

About the only new Atlus release missing is 13 Sentinels.

Ports are not something Atlus does to any platform in any predictable cadence, so it’s hard to predict P5R.
I totally forgot about the recent P4 Arena port, it's on my wishlist (owned but never played the PS3 game). Plus I even played the Nocturne remake and a bit of Strikers. So I guess Atlus did more for PC than I thought.
Still, didn't Jason Schreier hint about a done Persona 3 port back when we got P4G? Why did we never get P5 Royal after the great P4G sales? And why are there still no Atlus published Vanillaware games? I take it back, Atlus PC "strategy" is still stupid!

• Eyes

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Just announced. New Class of Heroes game.

They also announced the remaster of CoH 2. According to producer, it "may" come to Steam.

One more. Widzary-like DRPG. Labyrinth no Zangetsu. Sep 29th.

And one more. New DLC of Akiba Trip's 2.... what

Last edited:

actual_norwegian_guy

Rebranded...
Apr 15, 2021
im starting a charity so i can tell Dante from DMC to send me a video of him making food

had plans to study chess and get good at it, but then i remembered that it's just a game, and anyone who uses months to learn how to play good at a board game which is often associated with ((((smart people)))) must probably be out for clout or something

Last edited:

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Yeah they’re just slow tbh I don’t get the atlus memes outside of the weird release of Full Body/Catherine Classic, btw they also released P4AU day one

edit: oh it was mentioned already
No one asked for P4AU tbh.

Nobody asked for the OG release of P4AU, actually. The original was more than enough.

• This!
Reactions: 「Echo」

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Just announced. New Class of Heroes game.

They also announced the remaster of CoH 2. According to producer, it "may" come to Steam.

One more. Widzary-like DRPG. Labyrinth no Zangetsu. Sep 29th.

And one more. New DLC of Akiba Trip's 2.... what
Almost everything is on Steam now.

Also that adventure academy game looks to be self published and we don't have word on it because released in English on consoles, just on Steam.

This is one of this things were a dev is able to pay for a game to be localized but because there is also a lot of extra work with publishing a game that they opt to just publish the PC version in English and call it a day unless some one offers them a publishing deal for outside of Japan.

This has happened multiple times in the past

• Eyes
Reactions: Cacher and Tomasety
Status
Not open for further replies.