Community MetaSteam | June 2022 - It's Hot Outside! Sit and Play Some Videogames.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Lucky you who can stomach that Return to Monkey Island artstyle – I just dont like it at all, and the trailer just made it worse.

I'll still play it, of course, but I had wished for a style more akin to Monkey Island 2 – just not pixelated. I get Ron Gilberts argument that the first games werent "pixel art", they were just low res because of the technical limitations. Monkey Island 2 had hand painted backgrounds that were scanned; my hope the would do something like that.

But, if Ron Gilbert likes this style.... what can ya do :)

edit: here's a collection of the original artwork for MI2

(theres more when you click the link)

Reason: added a link
Last edited:

OSatan

OFather OSun
Nope, Revisited compatibility with Deck is unclear and it’s 30 on discount, a little high for end of month me. considering I had the original from years ago…
Then, nope the game is just evil and mean and you will never understand it because it won't let you.

The moment you get frustrated just leave it alone and go get Revisited...

• Sad
Reactions: Tomasety and Li Kao

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
Any recommendation for vampire survivor/20 minutes till dawn genre that are on sale? These are in my cart.

It's 2 days late but I've been enjoying Nomad Survival. It looks very VS at first but it's a bit more.... tactical? Somehow? Plus you can turn yourself into an immobile hammer turret and have a raccoon fetch chests for you so there's that

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Finally. 4 months and ~180 hours later, Elden Ring is complete. All Endings too,

Too big, severely overstayed it's welcome. Many of the locations are literally copy-and-paste with very minor edits to layout. The legacy dungeons were fun though, as usual.

Unfortunately all the interesting story bits and characters are the ones least expanded upon or (after further research) related to cut content. So that's disappointing too. Miyazaki's Eldritch fetish peaked with Bloodborne, along with his ability to weave a barely coherent story in the most vague ways possible.

7/10. Probably closer to 6.5/10 on a worse day. Bit unfortunate this game probably gets GOTY for free on account of the fact that nothing really big is coming out for the rest of the year? lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.