Community MetaSteam | June 2023 - halfway through the year

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Anone knows how to use the Humble Choice next 3 months for 3 euros promo you get in the email?

Mimosa

Feb 23, 2021
Well, there's the time-honored DSfix method.

I wrote about how to do it (at a vague level at least) a while back here:
Time to get educated.

Blu

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019

Looks like there was a price increase a couple days ago. Likely means it's just an update to the old version and not a separate listing.

Reactions: PC-tan

Shantom

Mar 17, 2021

Looks like there was a price increase a couple days ago. Likely means it's just an update to the old version and not a separate listing.
Free update for current owners, I knew putting off playing this for years would pay off.

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com

Out now.
I suppose the 60€ is the deluxe edition. I will wait 'til they fix that.
56 opencritic:

While critics reviews aren't everything, and sometimes I like games that critics review as mediocre, I'm probably gonna wait for a big discount for this one.

• This!
Reactions: 「Echo」

sprinkles

Dec 8, 2018
56 opencritic:

While critics reviews aren't everything, and sometimes I like games that critics review as mediocre, I'm probably gonna wait for a big discount for this one.
I don't trust OC or MC on JRPGs, but that is low. I'm gonna wait on a few Steam Reviews.

• This!
Reactions: ezodagrom

Censored

I didn't delete that post!. Get my post back!.
Oct 8, 2021
56 opencritic:

It depends on what are they reviewing. I mean if those reviews take mechanics, the importance of decisions to change the story, time to beat, in consideration makes sense, but if they end reviewing cultural things, aesthetic, characters aparence or even plot itself for me those reviews have no value and it's common those reviews end reviewing things like these on japanese VN games. It's like if you make resetera members to review senran sakura or ecchi games you already know what will be the result of what is said.

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
It depends on what are they reviewing. I mean if those reviews take mechanics, the importance of decisions to change the story, time to beat, in consideration makes sense, but if they end reviewing cultural things, aesthetic, characters aparence or even plot itself for me those reviews have no value and it's common those reviews end reviewing things like these on japanese VN games. It's like if you make resetera members to review senran sakura or ecchi games you already know what will be the result of what is said.
Hmm, RPG Site gave it a 4/10 with this as its summary:

Loop8 is a game full of great ideas that never come together. The most fascinating hooks in the premise fall flat upon execution, and I can imagine how much better of a game this would have been if it didn’t even try to be a time loop game at all. I can see a hypothetical RPG in this setting that hones in hard on the vibes, but that is not what we got here. There are few things I like less than a boring game with no substance and a lack of respect for the player's time. Loop8 is the epitome of this.
A time loop that wastes a player's time, while it's probably a completely different type of wasted time, this summary alone kinda makes me think of the Haruhi anime, the endless 8 arc, a time loop that repeated maybe 2? 3? times in the novel was dragged into 8 full episodes in the anime (with each episode being one of the loops).

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
It was only 59 euros! Also I can sell it when it goes on game pass.:cool:
I'm in the same boat except I rented Diablo. I currently have the cheapest tier of a Gamefly play and only pay ~$17 a month. I'm still in the middle of Zelda so I won't touch it for awhile, but it'll be nice to have when I get around to it.

For most AAA games I prefer physical since I can either rent them or get used copies fairly cheap. I bought used copies of Cyberpunk 2077 and Dying Light 2 for $15 each last year. I haven't played either of them yet.

Reactions: Le Pertti

Censored

I didn't delete that post!. Get my post back!.
Oct 8, 2021
Hmm, RPG Site gave it a 4/10 with this as its summary:

A time loop that wastes a player's time, this summary alone kinda makes me think of the Haruhi anime, the endless 8 arc, a time loop that repeated maybe 2? 3? times in the novel was dragged into 8 full episodes in the anime (with each episode being one of the loops).
One of the sites I usually look at gave it a 2/5
Now, was Loop8 what I hoped it would be? No, not at all. This game was a tedious mess and after just under 16 hours of playing it, I couldn’t do it anymore. Okay first of all, whoever the Kegai possesses is seemingly random every time; I think it might always be someone you didn’t bond with enough. But you would have to go through far too many loops to bond with everyone and figure out which possessed character gives you an easily beatable boss and/or one you have enough time to raise a decent enough party to defeat. I constantly got pitted against what I’m going to call a second tier boss, seeing as they required two magatama to fight.
I think I will finally buy it because in my case it reminds me Summer Time Rendering, show I enjoyed, but it really looks mediocre.

Reactions: ezodagrom

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Yea that choice bundle is really great especially with the 4$ off.

Several things off my wishlist and some good games for the Deck too.

That is more like it Humble. Why can't you always be this good?

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Started Amnesia–The Bunker and immediately noticed you can jump ridiculously high in the intro sequence, broke out of bounds and with some trial and error made my way UP on the trenches instead of IN there ;) (not all the terrain is solid and after you fall through it a bunch of times, you die)

see for yourself (Steam screenshot page)

sorry frictional, i know this was supposed to be scary but now Im just like "how can i break this game?" :D

Dec 5, 2018
  • Hug
  • Toucan
Reactions: dummmyy and Acidote

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
As a follow-up on my first post in this thread: today I told my manager that I resign. Later this year I will start as Payroll Software Engineer for the biggest hospital in Belgium, which is located merely 500 meters from my house. I'm really looking forward to it, as I've been burned out on my current job for a long time.

Also, working so close from home means that I'll have plenty of free time to play more games. 😁

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020

Sooooooooon.

Hasn’t sold as fast as the first one, but hopefully SE sees it as a success.
The first one had the novelty of being the first HD-2D game and releasing when the Switch's JRPG library wasn't nearly as packed as it is today. At the very least it's selling faster than Triangle Strategy (took ~9 months to reach 1 million) and Live a Live (no 1 million announcement yet).

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
Status
Not open for further replies.