Community MetaSteam | June 2023 - halfway through the year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eila

Jan 21, 2019
Man, I never realized gog had such good regional pricing to Mexico. Cyberpunk + new expansion are $37.42 USD right now, Meanwhile, on steam it's $69 USD. I wish they would go back to charging in USD (maybe reduced prices please?). These days games seem to be more expensive here than in most countries.

Ganado

¡Detrás de tí, imbécil!
Nov 6, 2018

XIII Remake is $4.50, and I’m really contemplating a purchase. Is it crazy that I think it looks pretty good now?
Bought it full price at release, no regrets. :)
If you have nostalgia for the OG XIII and appreciate some QOL additions, it's not that bad, not for 5 bucks anyway. However, I can't say if the latest patches fucked anything up.

Reactions: DrShrapnel

Blu

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
Bought it full price at release, no regrets. :)
If you have nostalgia for the OG XIII and appreciate some QOL additions, it's not that bad, not for 5 bucks anyway. However, I can't say if the latest patches fucked anything up.
It looks like the same price on Steam. Does it come with golden weapons skins pack or is that still locked to pre orders only?

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Man, I never realized gog had such good regional pricing to Mexico. Cyberpunk + new expansion are $37.42 USD right now, Meanwhile, on steam it's $69 USD. I wish they would go back to charging in USD (maybe reduced prices please?). These days games seem to be more expensive here than in most countries.
Fellow Mexican huh

Ay caramba

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
With the Obsidian 20th anniversary sale I went to check for The Outer Worlds complete bundle and the reviews are Mostly Negative, What happened? appart from the horrible price I played it on game pass and had a blast with the base game.
That’s probably the “Spacers’ Choice” edition, which is a garbage re-release.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Star Wars Outlaws looks really good.
AC Mirage looks decent I guess, need to see more of it.
Avatar, I dunno, looks a bit rought, some call it Far Cry: Avatar, which Im really not into, so tired of anything Far Cry-like.
Prince of Persia looks good.

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
So it seems like IGN might've just published an incredibly misleading article and P3R will in fact include some FES content. That's reassuring and more in line with what anyone with an ounce of common sense would've expected but with Atlus (or Square-Enix), you never know...

Speaking of Atlus, where's that SMTV port? And Full Body? And uh, could we get those mediocre Dancing games while we're at it? Thanks.

• Gib
Reactions: TrishaKit

didamangi

Who do you think you are? I am!
Nov 16, 2018
Jakarta, Indonesia
steamcommunity.com
With the Obsidian 20th anniversary sale I went to check for The Outer Worlds complete bundle and the reviews are Mostly Negative, What happened? appart from the horrible price I played it on game pass and had a blast with the base game.

Ran worse than the original game, although from the recent reviews, it looks like they fixed it with the latest patch.

Also it's a separate game on steam, and from some of the reviews you might have to play it from the start as there's no save file transfer if you only want to play the dlc.

OSatan

OFather OSun

Ran worse than the original game, although from the recent reviews, it looks like they fixed it with the latest patch.

Also it's a separate game on steam, and from some of the reviews you might have to play it from the start as there's no save file transfer if you only want to play the dlc.
At that price is a hard pass but I would play from 0 so this probably don't affect me, will check the performance tho.

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Would you recommend Gears Tactics to someone who loves X-Com style games but bounced off the mainline Gears games? It's 7 at CDkeys.

Readher

Resident Cynic
Jun 23, 2020
Poland
Would you recommend Gears Tactics to someone who loves X-Com style games but bounced off the mainline Gears games? It's 7 at CDkeys.
My friend who loves XCOM played it and enjoyed it greatly but it became too repetitive at some point. At $7 I can't imagine you won't get your money's worth.

Reactions: Dragon1893

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria

Regarding Sea of Thieves/Monkey Island: Ron Gilbert WAS given the heads-up, according to him

Valdien

✵ Chaos! ✵
Mar 26, 2020
Toronto
Finished Amnesia: The Bunker last night. Loved it. In terms of gameplay, I'd say this is Frictional's best work yet. I believe there was some news regarding the game being a roguelike (a genre I'm not particularly a fan of), but it's definitely not the case. The only random elements in the game are resources, codes & key items, which are randomized on every new playthrough; other than that, it's an open-ended but linear game.

It's more or less FG's attempt at creating an Alien: Isolation-like game. Sound plays a much bigger role here than in Alien, and is also your biggest enemy. I like how the game handled the time mechanic via the generator; it's a constant threat. Simply hiding until the beast goes away or moving too slowly isn't the most efficient way to go about exploring as you'll be burning through fuel fast. And if the generator goes off while you're deep in the bunker, then you're in for a ride. How the beast reacts to your defenses is also worth nothing. It obviously cannot be killed (until the end as an option), but trying to harm the beast in any way, whether that's through guns, explosives or traps will end up making it more aggressive and stronger. If the first encounter with the beast took one shot to stun it, then each subsequent encounter will require more shots to bring it down temporarily. This scales differently depending on the difficulty. The physics engine also really shines in this game, more so than FG's prior titles.

There are also some memorable small moments in the game. The Chapel & the Pillbox are my favourites. I won't go into them due to spoilers, and it's best to experience them on your own, but there is no safe place in the game, even on the outside. The Pillbox is a reminder that the protagonist is still in the middle of a war.

I did not come across any cheap jump-scares during my playthrough (compared to Rebirth which has a few) and is a pure psychological horror game through and through. If you are a fan of FG's previous games, namely SOMA, Amnesia: TDD, and Penumbra 1 & 2, then I highly recommend The Bunker.

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Kingdom hearts coming any day now
I swear to Goddess Lightning herself, if KH isn't on Steam by Christmas this year it's eye-patch and sailing time! Square-Enix is being positively ridiculous... I've tried to give them the benefit of the doubt, been patient and waiting... But time keeps on marching, and I'm not getting any younger. :blobweary:

jads653

MetaMember
Oct 18, 2021
Utrecht, Netherlands
Man the new EA launcher is a bunch of poo poo. Origin worked decently enough under Proton but this is just a joke. So I dusted off the old single gpu passthrough VM to download some old Command and Conquer games because P.roton was not working. The recent showing of a bunch of RTS games have got me feeling nostalgic for some TS and RA2.. And guess what? I am stuck in a infinite install loop that is pretty much aking to using the Windows Store under Windows 10.

C-Dub

Dec 23, 2018
Wow so they made you pay for fixes? damn that explains it.

Still that edition has a better price now lol
Trust me, they're not fixes. The Spacers' Choice Edition is for all intents and purposes a downgrade. Very minor visual improvements, but the performance hit is massive. Some people's 4090s were being brought to their knees by it.

Avoid it and buy the original.

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Ubisoft hiding the more interesting AssCreed setting behind mobile spin-off AGAIN. Second time China gets sidelined... 😓
======

Oh my god, read this whole thread on Cp2077 Expac. It is sooooo hype sounding!!!

The melee rework sounds insane. Holy shit I wanna play it so bad already. Cyber Samurai here i come!

Last edited:

C-Dub

Dec 23, 2018
Oh my god, read this whole thread on Cp2077 Expac. It is sooooo hype sounding!!!

The melee rework sounds insane. Holy shit I wanna play it so bad already. Cyber Samurai here i come!
I recently replayed CP2077 and CDPR have gotten it into a really strong state.

But this sounds awesome! I'll probably be playing this again very soon...

• This!
Reactions: 「Echo」

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
Ubisoft hiding the more interesting AssCreed setting behind mobile spin-off AGAIN. Second time China gets sidelined... 😓
======

I might give it a re-play. I wish they would add some more VA options for V, as I disliked both of them(the feminine one was less grating so I went with it). I think I would really have to force myself not to play a sneaky hacker again though... That shit was fun. Hide in a corner and kill half the map.

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018

It didn't really sink in yesterday but this is basically what I've been hoping for since launch. I enjoyed the game for what it was at the time but it clearly fell short of expectations. I'd been hoping they were secretly rebuilding everything to be closer to what they promised and the longer they went without any info, the less optimistic I became but if they deliver this with Phantom Liberty then it's a dream scenario for me. Can't wait to give the game a replay!

Reactions: QFNS and 「Echo」

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
After watching that Starfield direct again I'm kind of hyped about building outposts in that game. I could never get into it much with Fallout 4 because it was all just a dead post apocalyptic wasteland. It felt kind of pointless and a waste of time. But looking at Starfield now it actually makes sense to build so you can get more resources and build more on other planets. And using resources to build more ships. And upgrading everything to be able to travel to farther systems. It actually feels like its going to be a worthwhile mechanic that rewards you and its seemed very ambitious in terms of the little things/improvements they shown. Some of the barren planets they showed seem like perfect and clean areas for big bases etc. With all the modding I think its gonna wind up being a very underrated part of the game.

Also rewatching some of the other trailers from the show I think Avowed and Clockwork Revolution look incredible. If Xbox can push out Avowed, Fable and Clockwork Revolution next year its gonna be another great rpg year.

Also some notable misses from the show where ofc Gears, Perfect Dark and Halo. And nothing from State of Decay 3 which is surprising. They'll have a lot to show next year for sure. Maybe the Kojima project will surface too.

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
yeah, Ace Attorney Apollo something will be out in 2024 (sorry didnt catch the real name ;) )

they just said "they have Capcom news to share" in the middle of the Capcom showcase ;) jeez guys ;)

• Toucan
Reactions: lashman and Durante

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
I kinda love that even though they're doing incredibly well with their core IPs, remakes and remasters, Capcom are still trying their hand at completely new IPs. Over the last half a decade or so, they went from a publisher I mostly still liked because of childhood nostalgia to a publisher putting out a lot of my favorite games of the past few years.

It honestly makes me want to give Exoprimal and that Path of the Goddess game a shot.

Last edited:

Eila

Jan 21, 2019
God, Ghost Trick was like 10 bucks on the iPad, I played that shit over 10 years ago. The game cost $30 brand new. So yeah. I would never pay $33.50 for it now. The game is freaking awesome, though.

Sobatronix

MetaMember
Mar 9, 2021
Thank god for the AA collection. I love Capcom but what a shit showcase lmao. Judging by the time left they're only going to show Dragon's Dogma 2 and that will be it. No Dino crisis remake or Separate ways DLC

Reactions: lashman and LEANIJA
Status
Not open for further replies.