Community MetaSteam | June 2023 - halfway through the year

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiel

Apr 17, 2019
Love to see all these games coming to Steam!! But Star Ocean 2 reminded me we never got SO5. And I know everyone says it's pretty poop, but I still would have liked to experience it for myself...

Plus well you know...

:whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
These designs would be cooler if the characters weren't constantly making these stupid poses

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Just about to start up ME: Legendary edition and i read this: "ME 1 doesn't have the Pinnacle DLC included because Bioware lost the source code for that apparently so that isn't included here."

Uhm, what? This is straight outta the 90's JP studios playbook lol.

Readher

Resident Cynic
Jun 23, 2020
Poland
Two things:

Whenever I have a controller plugged into my PC recently, it refuses to turn off the monitors or go to sleep/initiate screen saver. Is this related to Steam input? It does it even if i have no games running.

Love to see all these games coming to Steam!! But Star Ocean 2 reminded me we never got SO5. And I know everyone says it's pretty poop, but I still would have liked to experience it for myself...

Plus well you know...

:whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
They actually talked about porting IaF to PC in some interview back in the day, but that was before it sold like shit. I don't think it even received a single patch on consoles, so I really doubt it'll ever come to other platforms.

• Sad
Reactions: 「Echo」

fearthedawn

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
I have like 3 hours played on Cyberpunk but only 1 actually playing the game...
That seems about right, i'm at 300 hours and that's about 100 hours of playing the game and 200 hours of installing mods and just walking or driving through the city (or finding nice spots to sit with the sit anywhere mod)

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018

GOTY looking imo
Oh it's a new Jeremy Couillard game!
They are GOTY worthy in their category, which I think the steam tags correctly define as "experimental". They are a trip that's for sure, but mind you, it's very much the work of an artist that happens to take videogame form, not the opposite.
Weird would be drastically underestimating them.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
How old is MC in Persona 5 again?

Because according to laws in Japan, it's actually illegal for him to help the Sun dude (the politician buy the train near the Hatchi statue) it's illegal for anyone under 18 to be involved in helping someone political campaign (which I'm guessing would also include holding up a sign like he does).

Now we know the real reason why the police want to arrest Joker.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
How old is MC in Persona 5 again?

Because according to laws in Japan, it's actually illegal for him to help the Sun dude (the politician buy the train near the Hatchi statue) it's illegal for anyone under 18 to be involved in helping someone political campaign (which I'm guessing would also include holding up a sign like he does).

Now we know the real reason why the police want to arrest Joker.
They talk about it, the MC is indeed not allowed to help him once he starts campaigning.

Paul

MetaMember
Jan 26, 2019
That seems about right, i'm at 300 hours and that's about 100 hours of playing the game and 200 hours of installing mods and just walking or driving through the city (or finding nice spots to sit with the sit anywhere mod)
Hah, I empathize. my final save shows 110 hours played, while my steam playtime shows 246 hours. So 136 hours since january 2020 of just driving and walking around (I didn't even bother with mods yet).

And with PL I will do full second playthrough so another 140 hours, probably.

Reactions: fearthedawn

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
I'm inhaling copium rn, so don't mind me while I ignore every post disregarding this proof of an MGS4 port existence for Vol.2 :smiling-face-with-sunglasses:
Its gonna happen. There is no reason for Vol. 2 to even exist if 4 is not a part of it. They would have just included PeaceWalker with this Vol.1 bundle and called it a day.

Also I don't see them porting both MGSV and MGS4 to the Switch. Which could be why they are split into different collections. Maybe Switch 2 but that just leaves the only logical game on Vol. 2 to be PW. So yea its all gonna be very weird to see what Konami does.

Last edited:

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Should I play CP now or wait for the magical overhaul ? :confounded-face:
I missed the recent sale but we are due a steam sale soon and the game is on sale every other day anyway.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Any word on what happened with the MGS Master Collection pages? Kinda keen to stick them on my wish list.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Time to save some money for the sale. I probably end up not buying anything
The summer sale begins just before payday. So I’ll set aside some June disposable income and some July disposable income.

My backlog will grow…
:steam_cleanseal:

Great news, I finished Quake earlier this week.

Official support for ray tracing would be nice 🙂
most likely a Nightdive joint again, which is great news, but don't count on RT :p

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Don't think I will spend much this summer sale with how much is releasing this fall. But Stranger of Paradise and Pizza Tower are the 2 games I am keeping my eye on most. But both are very new so the discounts are probably gonna be meh until the winter seal. Either way I am gonna pick up a few things for my Steam Deck. And just like every sale I will wind up buying stuff I didn't expect to buy. And just like always it will be something that wasn't even on my wishlist lol :so-good-blob: The unpredictable purchases have honestly become the best thing about steam sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.