Community MetaSteam | June 2024 - Let's conquer this kingdom with some pure hearts

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
My predictions:

Dragon Quest III remake
Silksong
Metroid Prime 4
Code Veronica remaster
Metal Gear Solid Master Collection Vol. 2 with MGS4

:coffee-blob:
There are also some other hinted games from leakers. Not going to post them here because of potential spoilers. If those are real to me this direct is going to be the Avenger of things that I want.

• Sweating
  • Eyes
Reactions: PC-tan and yuraya

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
NeoLA here I come.

But yeah as others have said Nintendo has not ported that one over.

Speaking of Xenoblade games, I own all of them expect for OG Xenoblade on Wii, which funny enough actually has gone down in price over the years thanks to the 3DS version and the Switch versions of the game. I also don't own Xenoblade Chronicles X (but I do have the players guide to it, sadly it's in Japanese so I don't understand what it's saying) but I do have Xenoblade Chronicles on the 3DS, I also have the Xenoblade Chronicles 1,2,3 CEs for Switch and I also have a physical copy of the Tora game as well.

They are pretty cool games. Some stuff about them does suck like how quest work in the first game but the world building, music and atmosphere is really something else. Also I'm not a fan of the combat.
Those are games that would really benefit from QOL options like we get in modern ports (and Baten Kaitos is one of them that get those) like being able to trivialize combat when needed, as those games are exceedingly long with very dull gameplay. The first especially where you just spam the same rotation on every mob until it's dead, and spam some more on the next. Mind numbing stuff at times when you start doing side quests. Or just in long dungeons.

Putting more focus on the fun parts and shortening them would make them feel so much better.

Maybe one day...

Reactions: QFNS and PC-tan

Alexandros

MetaMember
Nov 4, 2018
Speaking as a non American, the US culture war spreading to videogames has become overwhelming and exhausting. The fact that a game's protagonist being a black man or a curvy lady is enough to send everyone into a toxic frenzy is profoundly stupid. I wish everyone would just shut the fuck up and let us enjoy games the way their creators want to make them.

YunoLumi

Indie games
Nov 25, 2022
Norway
You have to flaunt the publishing agreement to a rather extreme extent to get wholesale banned on Steam. If I had to guess I'd go with large-scale review manipulation.
That would be my guess too.
edit: around 40+ devs affected by whatever this publisher did.
some even signed just a few days ago.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: lashman

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria

Catontree Studio, who were developing Twistales (a Alice-esque action adventure featuring Cinderella), is shutting down, citing a challenging market and not being able to weather the storm anymore.

A shame for the people in the studio — and a shame about the game not coming out, I liked the demo a lot.

Reason: added link to a playthrough of the demo on youtube
Last edited:

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Square will also release FF XVI on PC in August isn't it?
They could honestly stealth drop that shit any moment now. Its long over due and I believe they already released DLC for it.

Really hope they cook tho and don't rush it. It is something that has to run well on the Deck imo. From what I remember it didn't run too well on the PS5 so yea they need to get it right. Same with Rebirth. They need to get them up and running nicely on Deck because that will also translate well to the Switch 2.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
They could honestly stealth drop that shit any moment now. Its long over due and I believe they already released DLC for it.

Really hope they cook tho and don't rush it. It is something that has to run well on the Deck imo. From what I remember it didn't run too well on the PS5 so yea they need to get it right. Same with Rebirth. They need to get them up and running nicely on Deck because that will also translate well to the Switch 2.
They promised demo first.

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
I can’t see FFXVI being August. CBU3 (or whatever they are called at the moment) are focused on the release of Dawntrail in 2 weeks time. While I have no doubt that there team is a lot bigger than that I could imagine a lot of their pc focused team are dedicated to the Dawntrail launch.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018

They promised demo first.

YunoLumi

Indie games
Nov 25, 2022
Norway
Chinese Indie game publisher BD Games got banned from steam

Im talking to one of the devs affected by this who have talked to around 20 other of the devs
they publisher is not telling them whats going on so they are trying to find a solution.

rickyson33

Apr 26, 2019
Speaking as a non American, the US culture war spreading to videogames has become overwhelming and exhausting. The fact that a game's protagonist being a black man or a curvy lady is enough to send everyone into a toxic frenzy is profoundly stupid. I wish everyone would just shut the fuck up and let us enjoy games the way their creators want to make them.
I manage to avoid it most of the time but every once in a while I can't and it's just so over the top and annoying

like right now i'm lurking in the Steam forums(among other places) for the Baten Kaitos games because I want to know when someone releases a mod to add the dub back to it and like half the forum is people complaining that the game is "woke" because they don't like the changes made to literally a single specific line of text from the original version(and it's not even like a line of text from the story or anything just an optional piece of flavor text from examining a book on a bookshelf)

it all just feels so petty

STHX

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2021
half the forum is people complaining that the game is "woke" because they don't like the changes made to literally a single specific line of text from the original version(and it's not even like a line of text from the story or anything just an optional piece of flavor text from examining a book on a bookshelf)
A funny thing about this specific line of text. The original japanese text is not sexist at all. The english translations says something along the lines of "how to be a good wife: shut up and always follow every whims of your husband" but the japanese text simply says "be supportive of your husband"
So at this point why not just rewrite it to be more like the jp version instead of simply adding a yikes at the end of the original one?

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
I bought this on Switch but never even took it out of the plastic wrap. Whoops.

As an American I'm tired of it too, especially when it's nothing but a distraction for more important issues at home (i.e. unaffordable housing, busted healthcare system and erosion of reproductive rights).

I try to avoid making posts that are remotely controversial so if I stepped on any toes I apologize in advance.

Shantom

Mar 17, 2021
Paradox Interactive to close down Paradox Tectonic
'Sadly, with cancellation of their sole project we have to take the tough decision to close down the studio. We are deeply grateful for their hard work in trying to take Paradox into a new genre'
Who was it who cancelled their sole project Paradox? Hate this passive voice bollocks

Lashley

Computer Cowboy 🤠
  • This!
Reactions: Dandy and lashman

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I feel like a lot of the culture war stuff has to do with social media and people just very easily being able to share their thoughts now. Decades ago people would have just kept to themselves but now it just feels like everyone has to complain about every little thing because of how easy it is. Look at me I'm doing it right now because it's just that simple to do and for the most part I don't have to suffer consequences. Put of you do reveal your identity and have a very bad take or something, that could get you fired.

"Hey person, we found your social media account online, it doesn't align with our views as a company, there for we must terminate you" -HR

I'd be funny if you got fired for saying how your prefer the products that your competitor makes.

So there is petty stuff and then more messed up stuff. It's when people say more messed up stuff that I can definitely see there being consequences for what the person said.

Reactions: thekeats1999

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020
There was a pretty neat looking Metroidvania at the Direct just now.
Since it looked third party I'd hope it's coming to Steam too.
MIO Memories in Orbit? definitely the highlight of this show for me thus far as third-party games go. I'm sure it's coming to PC since Focus is publishing, but a Steam page doesn't seem to be up just yet

anyway, new Mario & Luigi and Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom look pretty great

• This!
Reactions: Durante