Community MetaSteam | March 2019 - The Core Values of One-Handed Fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
I just don't understand some of these developers, do they even ask to see any playerbase stats for EGS or just take a pile of money and at that point don't even care if their games are actually played by anyone or not? NDAs and everything, yes, so they can't tell us themselves but I think at least Epic would be screaming from the rooftops if they had any even slightly promising sales statistics to showcase, but they don't do anything of the sort outside Fortnite userbase talk. What happens to all the sequels (or just the next projects by the developers) if Epic is not footing their bills any more by that point, who's going to care about them if only a fraction of people played their last products on EGS? I can understand how it's a nice deal for some small time developers that were likely going down if some super niche product failed to attract enough fans but some of these games had the potential to be relative to their category hits. Even if Epic keeps funding, wasn't their goal to get them to as many like-minded players' hands as possible and stay indie and do their thing rather than just work for a publisher?

Last edited:

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
Halo MCC on Steam? The creator of XCOM takes a dump on it's most enthusiastic supporters? Microsoft is the "good guy" for today? I'm sooooo confused by this timeline :oops:

Actually it probably makes a ton of sense to put in on Steam specially if they are doing a staggered release. You get the first one, really like it and already is on a Xbox Live account. It will be tempting to just get Game Pass for the rest.

And I'm guessing Sweeney is calling someone at MS right now to make an offer

ScreamingTrees

Dec 12, 2018
Great news about Halo, I'll get it at some stage even though I have it on Xbox. I hate playing shooters with a controller so it'll be nice to use my mouse

Reactions: lashman

Theswweet

Dirty Weeb
Mar 12, 2019
Figured I'd post this here, since I'm not sure if the shitstorm is worth it posting on ERA.

I think a reason so many outlets are defending Epic, is that they actually have press accounts for their launcher, and if you get one you get access to EVERY game on the storefront.

Not gonna say that is the reason that folks are defending it, but I'd be shocked if it wasn't part of the problem here.

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Firstly, I am SUPER excited for Halo on Steam! I already have an XBL account from a long time ago. I hope there is at least Co-op cross-play. I would love to play Halo with my little brother again. (but he only has xbox, while I have only PC) 🙏
==============

I feel like they've turned sharp critical tone against any mod into "History of hostility" as if you're hurling expletives and threatening them in real life. How can they expect us to foster a community when one of their mods was basically shitposting and refuses to engage when presented with a counterpoint?

That site has begun to slowly lost its way.
Yeah, the "history" part is such a load of shit and I absolutely don't trust the staff over there at all now. Making up stuff like that... it's ridiculous. My ban is only a week + a day depending on timezones. When I get back I'm just gonna stop posting anywhere that isn't the OT or a community I'm already known in. Even then I'm just gonna keep my head low. It's not worth fighting misinformation or trolls anymore, not when the one to get punished is the one actually trying to help.

Pouring one out for derExperte and Echo, Hopefully they aren't perms, but then again, a perm might be a blessing in disguise.

P.s † Echo † your name is a bitch to tag let me tell ya
yeah, no kidding ... i have to copy and paste the cross thingy each time i want to tag Echo :p lol
Eh if it's really really annoying I can change my username to just Echo like on Era. The cross/dagger can be made with Alt+0134 on a keyboard with numpad. I'm not even religious, so the crosses serve no purpose. but the Evangelion nerd in me likes religious iconography just for the show of it lol.

On the other hand, being a pain to tag can have it's upsides. :p

Ex-User (307)

MetaMember
Dec 11, 2018

nofuckinidea

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
Figured I'd post this here, since I'm not sure if the shitstorm is worth it posting on ERA.

I think a reason so many outlets are defending Epic, is that they actually have press accounts for their launcher, and if you get one you get access to EVERY game on the storefront.

Not gonna say that is the reason that folks are defending it, but I'd be shocked if it wasn't part of the problem here.
Luckily these people are not journalists, whose integrity means sth.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Press account on EGS shouldn't mean that though since they could have press accounts on Steam also if they inquired properly. But it seems some don't even know this is a thing (Idk if it was here or elsewhere someone didn't know), still I imagine the bigger media are well aware and have had one for many years now. Maybe they just like the attention, kind of like how they all hate Nintendo since it's been bypassing them with things like Nintendo Direct and what not since the Wii days, they've taken Steam for granted rather than still appreciate all it does so they go to whoever is promising them shiny new stuff.

Theswweet

Dirty Weeb
Mar 12, 2019
Press account on EGS shouldn't mean that though since they could have press accounts on Steam also if they inquired properly. But it seems some don't even know this is a thing (Idk if it was here or elsewhere someone didn't know), still I imagine the bigger media are well aware and have had it for many years now.
Steam hasn't had proper press accounts for years now.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Mine works, even with all the updates the functions to add games have always remained intact, when did it happen and would the likes of IGN lose access? Either way then the big media have publisher contacts for keys and likely wish to maintain those relationships too rather than bundle it all under EGS (if it's like Steam accounts then they don't give access to pre-release stuff or anything, just launch day access, though there had been special events like a Day of Defeat; Source press preview I took part in so the capability was there on Steam also and I know publishers give keys to add early press game branches etc). Dunno.

Last edited:

Ex-User (307)

MetaMember
Dec 11, 2018

The problem is more likely that the gaming press is not made up of dedicated journalists, but made up of underqualified, and admittedly underpaid, writers who are often leveraging their positions to get into the industry that they're covering.

Add in some of modern news outlet's penchant for "hot takes" to drive clicks, some misappropriation of sociopolitical issues, and a few bad but genuinely held opinions, and you have the mess we're in.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com

What could it be??? Something about 3 borders around a land?
After Lawbreakers, Cliffy B be seeking money, you know Epic got his back :V
Has this been mentioned already?

Whatever games it includes, I'm hoping it will also see a release on PC.
I'm a huge fan of the series. :giggle:
There is a konami arcade classics collextion rated as well.

Ex-User (307)

MetaMember
Dec 11, 2018
Just noticed something when I browse the 'Partners' page on China Hero Project website...

Lost Soul Aside was one of the CHP games chosen, and I'm almost certain that Bing developed it in UE4.

Looks like a bunch of other development stuff like Unity and Criware as well.

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
So I think its extremely rad that Halo MCC is coming to PC, but they way they worded that about releasing it over time makes me wonder how much they are gonna charge for all this.

I don't think its gonna be $60 get all the games and campaigns with how they worded that. It sounds more like pay some amount get a couple games and then buy the others as DLC. Not sure how I feel about that.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Just noticed something when I browse the 'Partners' page on China Hero Project website...

Don't read too much into that as 80% of the games from that project are made in Unreal Engine 4 and they have been assisting the devs to improve their skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.