Community MetaSteam | March 2020 - Rise and Shine, Ms. Vance, Until It Is Done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
So I started up dying light for the first time on PC and today I'm getting rushed by endless hordes of runners. Now I know it's been about 5 years since I last played the game but I definitely didn't remember that happening as it pretty much made the game unplayable. You couldn't really explore or take your time on anything since they were always coming.

Turns out there's some BS online event going on where it turns every zombie into a runner. I wish these games had this stuff off by default or at least made it a lot clearer how to avoid it. After the "tutorial" it lets you pick offline or online but apparently that choice doesn't affect these events, they have to be turned off manually in the settings.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

Discover all of the cool events, news, and activities happening in your games in one place with the new Steam News Hub! Whether you're at work, on the bus, or playing at home, you can now browse a personalized hub to easily find the updates, announcements, and events from the games you play and games you are interested in. Plus, learn about upcoming events with options to get email or mobile reminders so you can jump right in when the event is live.

Check it out here!

Here are some highlights of what you'll find with the News Hub:

Highlighting live events - First up, you'll notice the currently active events front and center so you can easily jump right in on something that is happening right now or just started. Whether that is a live stream with the developer, a bonus points weekend in your favorite free-to-play, or new content that has just been added to your game.

Recent events - As you scroll down the page, you will see events and announcements from your games based on how recent they are. Quickly find all the cool stuff that has happened in your games recently!

Upcoming events - Scroll up to see events that are coming in the future. Set reminders with two clicks for the ones you don’t want to miss.

Events and announcements from your games and other sources - By default, there are five main ways that events and announcements can appear in your feed:

Options to customize your view - The defaults are described above, but you may want to customize your view. So, we've included options to hide posts from specific games, from specific sources (such as recommendations), or particular types of events.

Mobile-friendly - The event hub is designed with mobile use in mind too, so you can keep up with your favorite games when you're out and about. Please give it a look on your phone or tablet and let us know of any feedback you have.

More to come - in the coming weeks, we plan to add more options to personalize your News Hub, additional sources for news, and a new overview page to give you a quicker snapshot of the most relevant events for you.

What are Steam Events & Announcements?

The Events & Announcements feature was launched in September of 2019 as a new tool for game developers to communicate with players about the interesting moments and activities happening in their games. These events and announcements then show up in players' Steam Library, Steam Community, and on store pages. Since launch, we've seen over 8,000 games use the new tools to post over 35,000 individual events and announcements posted using the new tools. These events have been clicked on and viewed by players over 120 Million times.

Why Steam Labs?

Steam Labs is our experimental area where we launch new prototypes and test out new ideas to see what is interesting to players. We're pretty sure this new feature is going to become a full Steam feature soon, but we wanted to have a chance to test it out early, gather your feedback, and figure out what kinds of additions or changes would be most useful to you.

Ready to check it out?

Check it out right here and let us know your thoughts, suggestions, questions, and feedback in the Steam Labs discussions.

Sincerely,
-The Steam Team

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Neat! Will add this as a pinned tab. Also neat is that you can mute event notifications for games through that page. Finally.
I do hope they make this list a bit more compact though. Not very economic with vertical space as it is now.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Neat! Will add this as a pinned tab. Also neat is that you can mute event notifications for certain games through that page. Finally.
I do hope they make this list a bit more compact though. Not very economic with vertical space as it is now.
yeah, it's great! :)

Reactions: Angelo

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Well that's weird as hell. My mouse doesn't work in-game in Half-Life. I can use the cursor in the menus, but I can't look around in the game, yes Ive tried checkingthe mouse settings to no avail.

Edit: Was a weird launch parameter I added a while ago to play the game in VR that fucked up the mouse. It works now.

Last edited:

eonden

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
And yet not a calendar view!

Pls support:

I promise if this happens I will make Artifact happen, as I made Steam Roulette happen as a Steam Lab

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Onto RDR2 epilogue. Final missions of 6 were good.

Lovely Soulful cheesey song ride with voice echos of my chums to see me off

Ive really enjoyed this game but now want it to finish. Ive got other stuff im itching to play.

Reactions: lashman and Mor

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
I own too many games(?), so this is just blank page. GG.

Edit: actually it's just ublock it seems...

Last edited:
Reactions: lashman

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
Reminder that BBC has a 30 minute piece on HL:A in tomorrow on BBC World News:

All except US:
Sat 7th March - 00:30 GMT

US folk:
Fri 6th March - 22:30 PST / Sat 7th March 01:30 EST
Sat 7th March - 11:30 PST / 14:30 EST

Can this be watched online? With my cable operator, it's encrypted and I don't pay for decoding hardware (which is expensive if you use PC hardware to prevent piracy).

I say expensive but it's around 10€ for just free encrypted channels, but I don't really watch TV sooo

It doesn't prevent piracy. It just makes it inconvenient for legit users

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020

Being playing this off and on, it is an extremely high quality visual novel. The amount of detail and work in the cartoon segments is astounding. That is to say nothing of the sheer number of backgrounds, character sprites, CGs, and the music. Wowzah, the music is good! The story has been okay, it is fun enough to continue, though it is a bit too similar to a certain movie in its opening segments. Mild spoiler: It really follows Guardians of the Galaxy, even down to some characters who resemble some Guardians characters.

Friend and I are about completed through Divinity Original Sin 2, looking for our next co-op game, maybe Baldur's Gate 3 will be out sooner than I hope :plsblob:

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
It's already Choice friday, huh. Almost skipped my mind.
Going by my personal pattern this should be a pause month (bought the first, paused the second, bought the third, so the fourth should be pause again).
But I'm happy to be proven wrong.

Not that I need any new games with the tons of stuff I'm currently playing or still have to play. But we don't talk about that.

Virix

Dec 6, 2018
If I refund a game because of a sale can I repurchase right away or do I have to wait for them to process the refund first (their website says up to 7 days)?

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Being playing this off and on, it is an extremely high quality visual novel. The amount of detail and work in the cartoon segments is astounding. That is to say nothing of the sheer number of backgrounds, character sprites, CGs, and the music. Wowzah, the music is good! The story has been okay, it is fun enough to continue, though it is a bit too similar to a certain movie in its opening segments.
I played through a fair bit of the demo before its release and it's indeed a charming little title. I found that there was a small amount of typo in the demo, though -- which I hope would've been fixed by now. In any case, I already picked it up for my ever-growing library.

I just found out that Monday is a public holiday (Labour Day). Hopefully I can finish at least one game this long weekend to make the most out of it! :dana_joy:

Reactions: 「Echo」

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
I bought the February Choice bundle for Pathfinder, I have not yet started the game, and it is already the day of the March Choice bundle.

Despite all my efforts, it looks like I still purchase games faster than I can play them.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
If I refund a game because of a sale can I repurchase right away or do I have to wait for them to process the refund first (their website says up to 7 days)?
Wait until the refund has been approved. The money will come back later, but after it has been approved the game will be removed and you can repurchase it

Virix

Dec 6, 2018
Wait until the refund has been approved. The money will come back later, but after it has been approved the game will be removed and you can repurchase it
I see, thanks! Guess I won't bother then (bought Eliza just before the VN sale).

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Unfortunately very true. I had to fight the urge to buy Yakuza Kiwami 2 yesterday, despite not having played the other two Yakuza games I own on Steam yet...
Het yakuza 0
It is a good starting point as any or you can just get the yakuza bundle.
Go with whochever is cost efficient for you
Just wait for humble choice before purchasing if possible.

Reactions: lashman and LEANIJA

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
No matter how hard we fight, this is our destiny.
True words.
BUY IT!!!!!
And this is why :p

Real talk though, I've long made peace with the fact that I buy more games than I can realistically buy. I keep track of the amount of money I spend on games each year and as long as that is a reasonable amount it's ¯\(ツ)

Status
Not open for further replies.