Community MetaSteam | March 2020 - Rise and Shine, Ms. Vance, Until It Is Done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada

After 15 years, Black Mesa is out of early access, The store page isn't updated yet but the patch was pushed around 30 minutes ago.

EDIT: Actually it seems like the update they just pushed isn't 1.0? One of the devs made a comment about it but later backed it up saying it wasnt the final build, According to them the build live now is "1.0" but there's a game-breaking bug in MP that's being worked on, so the EA hasn't been lifted.

Last edited:
Reactions: lashman

KainXVIII

DOS forever!
Dec 19, 2018

After 15 years, Black Mesa is out of early access, The store page isn't updated yet but the patch was pushed around 30 minutes ago.
Still feels like early access game - constant stutters, hang up after quicksaving, cannot change game language, no UI resolution scaling..

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Finished Little Nightmares last night, what an excellent game! I'm looking forward to Little Nightmares 2, but it seems there is no store page on Steam yet. I hope this doesn't mean EGS exclusivity (game is published by Bamco, but uses the Unreal Engine)
That's par for the course for Bamco in regards to not having a Steam page. And they haven't done an EGS exclusive yet. Not writing it off, of course, but they're not doing anything out of the ordinary (for them) with Little Nightmares 2.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Finished Little Nightmares last night, what an excellent game! I'm looking forward to Little Nightmares 2, but it seems there is no store page on Steam yet. I hope this doesn't mean EGS exclusivity (game is published by Bamco, but uses the Unreal Engine)
Almost every Namco game in the past few years uses Unreal.

Reactions: PC-tan and Ge0force

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Still feels like early access game - constant stutters, hang up after quicksaving, cannot change game language, no UI resolution scaling..
Thx for the warning, constant stutters are a strong wait before buy indicator to me.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Interface language is based on your Steam language, Subtitle language can be changed in the options menu.

Also nobody I knew ran into any quicksaving issues and Ive been playing 1.0 for the past 30 minutes and it runs fine. Even though I did have stuttering before.

Reactions: KainXVIII

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
I will try to move BM to SSD.

I know, but i don't wan't to change steam language because of one game.
I'd hold off then, Apparently the patch they just pushed wasnt 1.0 despite one of the devs posting a comment that made it seem like it was. This was posted a few minutes ago

Things didn't go according to plan, which is a fitting end to our whole sage really.

Sorry for those of you who we frustrated like this, but we were working like absolute madmen during our 12 hour meeting last night, trying to make sure every important bit was tested and fixed.

And although it's frustrating for you guys, I'm glad we did, because we resolved a whole host of issues. It ultimately will amount to a better release for you guys.

It will all be over soon! Thank you for your patience! Trust me, just as tough for us!

Reactions: KainXVIII

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
That's par for the course for Bamco in regards to not having a Steam page. And they haven't done an EGS exclusive yet. Not writing it off, of course, but they're not doing anything out of the ordinary (for them) with Little Nightmares 2.
I wasn't aware of this. Thanks m8! :)

Reactions: C-Dub and Arsene

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
BUY IT!!!!!
And this is why :p
:grimacing-face:😅
I had a good giggle at those reactions. You guys are like the little devils on people's shoulders :p

Het yakuza 0
It is a good starting point as any or you can just get the yakuza bundle.
Go with whochever is cost efficient for you
Just wait for humble choice before purchasing if possible.
I own both Yakuza 0 and Yakuza Kiwami...I just havent played them. Which is why buying Kiwami 2 seems a bit absurd.

Real talk though, I've long made peace with the fact that I buy more games than I can realistically buy. I keep track of the amount of money I spend on games each year and as long as that is a reasonable amount it's ¯\(ツ)
Yep, same here. I am trying though, to buy less. Not always successfully of course. But I am trying.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada

:(

I own both Yakuza 0 and Yakuza Kiwami...I just havent played them. Which is why buying Kiwami 2 seems a bit absurd.
Honestly, Play Yakuza 0 and Kiwami first, Both of them were in humble monthlies and SEGA will likely put Kiwami 2 in one eventually, So if you buy it now and a few months from now they add Kiwami 2 to Humble and you still havent finished 0/Kiwami 1 by then, you'll kick yourself for buying it.

Reactions: LEANIJA

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France

Total review backfilling was completed in February just as planned! We now have all reviews for all games on Steam, and with that, we can generate rankings since 2010-10-15, when the review system first launched on Steam. Even though Steam 250 launched in November 2017, we can retroactively generate rankings as they would have appeared at that time from seven years prior. But what does that mean for you? It means this.

We can chart the performance of Besiege amongst the Top 250 since its launch into early access in January 2015. We can see that, within its first month of launch, it went straight to rank 64 and then steadily declined over the next five years as newer games took its place. Interestingly, when it exited early access, although this boosted sales, it did not have a discernable impact on its overall popularity.

Similarly, DUSK quickly entered the Top 250 after an early access launch, but has continued to garner interest and review ratings from players, improving its position since then rather than steadily decline.

ADOM has had a bumpier ride, never actually entering the Top 250, but as you will notice, we have extrapolated our top 250 ranking to include the top 1000. This lets us see how close games have come to entering the top 250 since release.

The top 1000 chart is just the start. Next we will add a stacked positive/negative review chart to visualize the correlation between reviews and the overall ranking. These charts will be available for all games when the Club 250 site launches. My full time employment ends this month, and it is my goal to get these exciting new data insights into your hands by the end of April.

Now for some random stats from our review data. As mentioned, the first reviews were posted during the middle of October 2010, although from what I can gather, this feature was a closed beta with limited access. On that day, 92 reviews were posted on 67 different games by 46 different users. On Monday 17th February, 2020, 51,611 reviews were posted on 4,356 different games by 48,783 users.

You might also be wondering how many reviews are in our complete database. 46,508,083. That's 3.5GB of review data, without any of the text.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Solved my Destiny 2 problem, in order to unlock campaign mission 2 "Scorned" in Forsaken you have to complete 5 bounties for The Spider.

Reactions: Ge0force

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
:grimacing-face:😅
I had a good giggle at those reactions. You guys are like the little devils on people's shoulders :p

Yep, same here. I am trying though, to buy less. Not always successfully of course. But I am trying.
Then don't buy it and just play Yakuza 0
There'll always be the summer sale and bundles.

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Humble Choice came at a really dumb timing for me: last December, I opted to get the "yearly pass" - or whatever they called it - for 100€. Of course, when that renews, it will be 135 or something, and if I cancel to switch to a monthly payment method again, I'd be off the "Classic" plan where you get more games. It's a bit annoying because it means whenever I want to resume (I've been pausing since Choice started, as I wasn't really interested in any of the games on offer anyway, or already owned them), I have to fork over the full yearly amount. And it feels like I'd be paying that just for those handful of Choice games, even though I know it's for the whole year in advance. I would like to go back to monthly but stay on Classic...but they dont offer than option.
It's just a bit dumb.

Reactions: lashman

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Humble Choice came at a really dumb timing for me: last December, I opted to get the "yearly pass" - or whatever they called it - for 100€. Of course, when that renews, it will be 135 or something, and if I cancel to switch to a monthly payment method again, I'd be off the "Classic" plan where you get more games. It's a bit annoying because it means whenever I want to resume (I've been pausing since Choice started, as I wasn't really interested in any of the games on offer anyway, or already owned them), I have to fork over the full yearly amount. And it feels like I'd be paying that just for those handful of Choice games, even though I know it's for the whole year in advance. I would like to go back to monthly but stay on Classic...but they dont offer than option.
It's just a bit dumb.
Whoa that sucks! Feels like that should be something one can change freely. Have you tried to speak with support?

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
I bought Disco Elysium, Nier Automata, and Valkyria Chronicles 4 for some reason recently. So Humble Choice will be those three for sure.

Reactions: LEANIJA and Pommes

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Eh, I'm back to a semi normal state from the shock of discovering VR andd making friend with imaginary people !
Now to install some VR games, look at backlog, look at light VR backlog, look at interesting VR games.
Light panic attack.

Brb, breathing in a paper bag for some minutes.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Li Kao Welcome to VR! What headset did you get?
Rift S, the only one I could unwisely budget.
Did you miss my post where I said thank you to a virtual robot ? :dizzy-face:

I just had the time to setup things and play the first two oculus discovery experiences yesterday.
Still brainstorming how I can organize my play area for safety and usability, this add quite a lot of things on the desk.

PS. When looking for demos, I see the VR game industry is very much like the traditional game industry :thinking-blob:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
What exactly are people doing in Destiny 2 when they have hundreds of hours in it?

arts&crafts

MetaMember
Oct 26, 2018
I paused this past month as I didnt want the games, does it automatically unpause if I am on classic for this month?

Status
Not open for further replies.