Community MetaSteam | March 2020 - Rise and Shine, Ms. Vance, Until It Is Done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Now before I start with Chapter 6 in RDR2 I'm taking some time to do some side-quests, exploring the map, admiring the little details, so far I'm 35 hours in and while I still have some concerns about the game, it might be slowly climbing up to my top 10 personal favorite of all time (need to say that RDR1 is in my top 5)

Seriously, This game breaks my heart at the same time as it brings joy to my soul, I'm not going to lie when I say that RDR2 is the best recreation of the late XIXth century US in a lot of ways, and of course the best representation of the Far west in videogames. I have so many things to say about this game, goddamn.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Are there urban centers in RDR2, like there were in the first one ?

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
These games were pretty fun.

There was a time period of when I was playing on consoles as a kid. From 2001-2004. In this time period I had a SEGA Genesis (screw the Megadrive name, it's called a Genesis!!!!!) and in about 2002/3 I ended up getting a PSone (I still have the PSone but not the Genesis). And the thing is that there were just not that many new games being made for either of those games. My family did previously have a Windows 98 PC that we got used from relatives and I think we had that thing for maybe 2 years before throwing it away (I only played simple games on it, there is some other info about it that I am forgetting, but I feel like we maybe had it at latest until 2004 maybe? But I know that we definitely threw it away when we got our new one in 2005).

In 2005 my family would get a Windows XP PC and it was special since it did introduce me to a lot of new games that I had not previously played before (and these were also types of games that I would not be able to play on my PSOne, or my GBA SP that I got at roughly the same time period). I was really into Tycoon games as a kid and from 2005 until maybe 2012 is when I would play on that Windows XP PC. I stuck to playing games on that PC because after the PSone the next consoles that I would get was a Gamecube and that was in 2006 or so and by that time they were more or less not making games for the Gamecube any more, which now left me with only playing games on my PC and my Nintendo DS lite. In 2012 is when I would get my Xbox 360 and my Nintendo 3DS and that Windows XP machine was really starting to show it's age.

PC gaming was sort of strange for me, I can't really remember about how I learned about my PC but I was able to at least understand that it was dual core and that it had a clock speed of over 3.0GHz (I didn't know anything about integrated graphics and stuff like that), my general understanding was that as long as the min req was under 3.0GHz that my PC would be able to run the game. And since I mainly played Tycoon games, I was pretty much able to play them without that much of an issue. The only issues would be long loading times for games like RCT3 where it would take over 5 minutes for a map to load up. I didn't play online games on my PC since we were still using dial up until 2009 or so and then we switched over to DSL, we had DSL until 2012 and after that we switched over to cable internet (since we no longer had a phone connection at home) and cable internet is what we have been using since then. So I didn't really play online games on my PC and I didn't really know about where to look for more information about the types of games that I played since I don't think that many of my friends were playing the same games as I did.

All that I knew was if the game had tycoon in the name that I might potentially like the game and that is what I was on the look out for. So I would get these games at places like Walmart,Big lots, and at thrift stores.

I still have some of these games with me, The only one that I no longer have is RTC3 since the disc ended up breaking and sadly it seems that the Steam version of that game was delisted. I didn't know that much about Steam and Origin and all of that back in 2014 when I got back into PC gaming other wise I might have gotten RCT3 on Steam. I got it on Origin since it was on sale at the time for just $5USD. Does any one if there happen to be any places that are selling Steam keys for the game?

Here are two of those games that I would play a lot, I never got to play Zoo Tycoon 2 since I think that it just cost to much and because I don't think that the PC that I had at the time was able to run the game.

MT3 was fun but there was always this issue were the game would keep crashing after you got to a certain point (so I would always just restart the game progress wise). Maybe the issue was with my PC or maybe it was just a bug? Now that I have money I may end up trying to hunt down some copies of some other tycoon games that I wanted to play as a kid. GS seemed to publish some games that I thought were cool. As for Zoo Tycoon, I am guessing that MS will never re-release those older games?

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
I totally forgot that I bought Submarine Titans from GOG. It's not that good a 90's RTS, but I could use the nostalgia bump.
The only one that I no longer have is RTC3 since the disc ended up breaking and sadly it seems that the Steam version of that game was delisted. I didn't know that much about Steam and Origin and all of that back in 2014 when I got back into PC gaming other wise I might have gotten RCT3 on Steam. I got it on Origin since it was on sale at the time for just $5USD. Does any one if there happen to be any places that are selling Steam keys for the game?
Speaking of GOG, looks like it's gone from there too. If I had a remotely reasonable upload speed I'd give you my GOG exe.

Reactions: PC-tan

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
These games were pretty fun.
Zoo Tycoon was awesome!

Unrelated, though your post made me remember I have about 80 or so physical PC games sitting a box. How many other folks are still holding onto physical PC games here?

While I miss physical games I do NOT miss the old 00's DRM. Securom plagued around three of those games, and now they are coasters. Gosh I remember having to use the now defunct Amazon forums to find out if a game had DRM.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
While I miss physical games I do NOT miss the old 00's DRM. Securom plagued around three of those games, and now they are coasters. Gosh I remember having to use the now defunct Amazon forums to find out if a game had DRM.
the one we have now isn't any better :p all denuvo-infected games will be coasters once they inevitably go under (or just decide to not support it anymore)

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
While I understand why everyone hates daylight saving, coming from the north where during the winter there is daylight only for a few hours, that daylight savings time does help have little extra sun.
But I hate the sun and like when it gets dark out quick. 🧛‍♂️

Plus when the sun goes down a lot of crowded places become uncrowded and I like it that way.

I don't care what people say about RGBs, I love it.:D Now my mouse matches my tag here.:D(almost, even with same values it doesn't look the same.)

On this we agree lol. I got rainbow RAM, rainbow fans, rainbow keyboard. Even my motherboard has programmable LED's.

I usually turn off the special effects when gaming though, just for less distraction I switch to solid colors.

Gears 2-3 / Judgement PC when ? :so-good-blob:
Seriously wtf. I have fond memories of the Gears series thanks to my lil' bro, but no Xbox. I'd like to have them all on PC ideally.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Zoo Tycoon was awesome!

Unrelated, though your post made me remember I have about 80 or so physical PC games sitting a box. How many other folks are still holding onto physical PC games here?

I still have some of my games and I am thinking of picking up some more, but I have not really thought about DRM. And maybe I should since that could potentially be an issue.

Reactions: ExistentialThought
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Seriously wtf. I have fond memories of the Gears series thanks to my lil' bro, but no Xbox. I'd like to have them all on PC ideally.
unfortunately it looks like MS aren't going to release any old games on steam :( they even completely ignored all the UWP games ...

so it looks like we'll only be getting new stuff from them on steam etc. ... sadly (i'd kill for FH3 and 4 on steam ... would gladly re-buy both)

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
I'm reinstalling VTMB in preparation for VTMB2 and ... these models did not hold up. Any mod recommendations apart from the Unofficial Patch? :02notes:

Reactions: Li Kao

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I'm reinstalling VTMB in preparation for VTMB2 and ... these models did not hold up. Any mod recommendations apart from the Unofficial Patch? :02notes:
I really have to do that but yeah, it’s getting old.
I also should quickly make my HL replay, Alyx is soon.

And of all things I start fucking Borderlands 2... which has offensively bad writing (yeah I know, surprise !). I was getting angry as I didn’t really understand what the npc said, then I thought about it a little and they say nothing. They speak, they blow air, but say nothing.

On a final note, I would add that my body is aching from Superhot VR, no exercise + getting old, it shows.

Reactions: Virix and Kvik

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Anyone remember that "The Last Remnant" got remastered?

no me either, until just now when it popped into my head for whatever reason. Than I googled it, and it's since been released on Switch and even smartphones... but not PC? :thinking-face:

Square-Enix hasn't even re-listed the old version either. You still can't buy it old or new. 😓

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Ugh why did I think it was a good idea to install razer software on my MacOS partition, now it won't boot and safe mode doesn't work. Doing a full reinstall was just what I needed.XD

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
What games got removed from Geforce Now?

By which I mean which devs/publishers have pulled out?

Seeing how Tim S said that EGS will not pull out. and that exclsuives will also be a part of that as well.

Also I just realized that my MT3 game disc is not in the case by RTC2 was. Does it matter that I "pirate" these old games? And what would be the best way to go about it?

Also for some reason I thought that the School Tycoon game was you managing a college and not you running a high school. That may have been more fun some years back.

I wish that Kairosoft would have their stuff on Steam. I was going to say that I want them to release their stuff on PC but it seems that they have released stuff for PC. I will have to look more into this. I guess that All I can play for right now of my older games are Zoo Tycoon. I wish that I just had these games digitally installed on my PC and didn't have to hunt them down. to play them.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018

no me either, until just now when it popped into my head for whatever reason. Than I googled it, and it's since been released on Switch and even smartphones... but not PC? :thinking-face:

Square-Enix hasn't even re-listed the old version either. You still can't buy it old or new. 😓
You’re not missing much. But it is odd that SE didn’t care to update the PC release.

Edit: hold on, this is SE, so I guess maybe not that odd.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Well my confidence in razer is now completely gone. Don't understand how they can have drivers available and not warn that there are issues. Unacceptable. Sure I should have googled and seen it's a known issue but still.

Reactions: Arsene

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
Seeing how Tim S said that EGS will not pull out. and that exclsuives will also be a part of that as well.
He just said to egs won't block games going on GeForce now. Same as Steam.

Borderlands 3 is out with 2k, maybe private division too as it's part of 2k. Outer Wilds too, all exclusives.

Reactions: Arsene and Mor

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
You’re not missing much. But it is odd that SE didn’t care to update the PC release.

Well I was fortunately able to buy the old one before it got taken down. I just think it's weird that it has since been ported literally everywhere else but PC.

Reactions: lashman and Arsene

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
How open/explor-ey is that game? I want it to be like Proteus or something. But I kicked it off my wishlist for probably being too story driven and maybe a little weepy, and was never quite sure if that was true.
It's a walking simulator like Dear Ester. But instead of following a linear path, there are wide open area's to explore. The story unfolds when you make the fox dig in certain area's, and there's a little platforming from time to time. There are also lots of shining orbs to collect, which you can use to do something nice at the end of the game. It's more an experience instead of a game really.

Reactions: Wildebeet

InquisitorAles

I know nothing
Oct 19, 2018
www.youtube.com
Oh nice, oil market crash. So my country's currency is going to devalue even more, this is going to be a "fun" week. Thankfully, I've pre-ordered almost everything I was planning to play in the next few months, thinking if I should pre-order RE3 retail key now or wait a little more.

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
So the Index is supposed to be back on sale today? My store page for it has 'coming soon' except for the Headset and Controllers bundle which says 'out of stock'. So does the individual controllers option. I guess they couldn't manufacture the controllers in time?

Typical as thats the bundle i want.

Reactions: lashman

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Rimworld update...

Bogdan died! poor fellow. He got in a fight with a Donkey and instead of resting up till he was better decided to start hauling some steel from halfway across the map and bled out. His wife Dog (i didn't name her, that's actually her name) is very upset and is starting fights with everyone else.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
So the Index is supposed to be back on sale today? My store page for it has 'coming soon' except for the Headset and Controllers bundle which says 'out of stock'. So does the individual controllers option. I guess they couldn't manufacture the controllers in time?

Typical as thats the bundle i want.
Should be when the store updates at 10am PST/1pm EST

Reactions: Joe Spangle

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Aah nice, finally managed to figure out why Xbox game pass app wouldn't log me in after changing primary account email, I had to log in with xbox game bar first! I even had to sit with microsoft support chat awhile and they couldn't figure it out either.XD

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
So Blands 3 will be open for pre-order on Steam tommorrow, wherever I get standard or super will depend on price.

However, this is the first time an Epic timed exclusive will be open for pre-order a few days before it releases. I wonder why. Aren't 2K satisfied with Epic sales so they had a recent meeting showing muscles where they moved the date from april (like first announced) to march and wanted to allow pre-orders so people could pre-load?

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Yeah I hope so. Its just that some of the options say 'Coming Soon' but the controllers say 'Out of Stock'.
and if there's going to be any change, it'll be at those times

So Blands 3 will be open for pre-order on Steam tommorrow, wherever I get standard or super will depend on price.

However, this is the first time an Epic timed exclusive will be open for pre-order a few days before it releases. I wonder why. Aren't 2K satisfied with Epic sales so they had a recent meeting showing muscles where they moved the date from april (like first announced) to march and wanted to allow pre-orders so people could pre-load?
2K can smell money, and want further return on investment. I'm sure a certain someone from Gearbox will have some other excuse publicly while also singing egs praises. You know the one

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria

It's Square Enix. That's just how they roll.

unfortunately it looks like MS aren't going to release any old games on steam :( they even completely ignored all the UWP games ...

so it looks like we'll only be getting new stuff from them on steam etc. ... sadly (i'd kill for FH3 and 4 on steam ... would gladly re-buy both)
It would be lovely for MS (and any other publisher) to re-release their back catalogue on Steam & GOG, but yeah, I wouldn't count on it. They probably don't think it would make them any money.

I also should quickly make my HL replay, Alyx is soon.

And of all things I start fucking Borderlands 2... which has offensively bad writing (yeah I know, surprise !). I was getting angry as I didn’t really understand what the npc said, then I thought about it a little and they say nothing. They speak, they blow air, but say nothing.

On a final note, I would add that my body is aching from Superhot VR, no exercise + getting old, it shows.
I feel like I will just watch a "Half-Life: the movie" story cut on Youtube or something to catch up. I started Episode 1 recently but I did not feel like playing it. I played through HL2 not too long ago but a good chunk of it felt like a slog - but then again, it is a very old game now. Ep1 plays largely the same so far and I dont think I will continue.

and yep, I know what you mean about VR games. If VR treadmills became a thing, we could all become more fit with VR open world games that force us to run around a lot :D in the meantime, BoxVR seems like a good workout VR game (there are others too, of course).

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

it's squeenix ... at this point it's absolutely expected :p in fact - i'd be more surprised if they didn't fuck this up in some way ;)

yup ... definitely par for the course with squeenix

It would be lovely for MS (and any other publisher) to re-release their back catalogue on Steam & GOG, but yeah, I wouldn't count on it. They probably don't think it would make them any money.
pretty much this, yes .... they clearly don't think even releasing FH4 on steam would get them that much more money (which i'm fairly certain is SOOOOO not true)

which is a goddamn shame

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Got a code from gmg in my email that gives 12% off on pre-orders on top of the existing discount, went to apply it on RE3 and realized that they lowered the discount from 25 to 15%, which means that using the code gives you basically the same price that they had before sending out the code. Amazing.

Reactions: xinek

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Got a code from gmg in my email that gives 12% off on pre-orders on top of the existing discount, went to apply it on RE3 and realized that they lowered the discount from 25 to 15%, which means that using the code gives you basically the same price that they had before sending out the code. Amazing.
Isn't that also illegal? Raising the price before a sale?

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Corona affects everything. I guess the devs for Everspace planned a big announcement for the GDC. But since it is now postponed they also have to postpone the early access release
Yeah I figured as much but still feels silly, they can still have their big promo push there and still release it in EA now.

prudis

anime occult member
Sep 19, 2018
The Kingdom of Beer and Porn
twitter.com
We still don't have access to Viva Pinata digitally and that's a GFW game, pre-UWP. They're slacking and it hurts, though I don't look forward to 70 dollars for Vista launch titles re-released on Steam/etc either.
oh yeah ... GfWL prisoners are whole another story :upside-down-face: But at least those can be easily found on high seas ... with UWP afaik its much more problematic

Last edited:

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
with UWP afaik its much more problematic
Microsoft games being stored in locked down encrypted containers has nothing to do with UWP; it's a design choice for Windows Store apps. All win32 games from the Microsoft Store and Xbox app are stored in the exact same way than UWP games. It's the major reason why I haven't touched Game Pass yet.

prudis

anime occult member
Sep 19, 2018
The Kingdom of Beer and Porn
twitter.com
Ge0force potato patato :p ... one is tied with the other , and one is faster to type ... doesnt really matter if we call it UWP ,WinStore containers or Phill's E-ballz

If all goes well, the game may very well be now free of crashes. If that proves to be true, this release will be promoted to a non-beta release in a few weeks. We’ll see!

Status
Not open for further replies.