Community MetaSteam | March 2020 - Rise and Shine, Ms. Vance, Until It Is Done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
I bet it's because regional pricing too. PS4 doesn't have regional pricing so GBFV costs three times more than Steam here. So if there is a code for PC version, I can get a lot of profit from that because the code sells for $50 while the game costs $15. And at the same time destroyed PS4 code price.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com

Im so goddamn interrested in

and

but I have way too much other stuff to play,

And Doom and Animal Crossing is hitting in 1 week and after that it's Alyx.

Also people should get

it's really good.
Curse of dead gods should be cheap over at wingamestore

Reactions: lashman

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
What happened to State of Decay 2? Badly optimized? Bugs?
It's a pretty terrible game though I can't say that's why the reviews are bad. It wouldn't shock me if it's incredibly buggy, it was on xbox X as well. Probably more so than the first game somehow.

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
How is the new Windows 10 update? Still causing bugs and shit or is it safe to update now?
1909? or the new insider 2004 branch?

1909 seems to be okay for a couple of weeks now, but that's lately not a guarantee for anything with Microsoft.

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
1909? or the new insider 2004 branch?

1909 seems to be okay for a couple of weeks now, but that's lately not a guarantee for anything with Microsoft.
Whichever one released most recently to the public. I don't keep up with Windows 10 update news unless it borks stuff.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
So the codes are for a mobile which looks like a grinding game? No thanks :D
Also, some 3rd party key sellers are selling Steam keys and others are still selling EGS keys:

I checked a few stores, and it seems that only GamesPlanet you have the option to choose a key for either Epic or Steam.
Isthereanydeal should list what launcher key you'll get from each store. gg.deals does that

Last edited:

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Finished what I think was the 2nd act of Okami, no end in sight. Damn this game is huge :sweaty-blob:
Time to take a bit of a break from it though. Perfect, because for some reason I got an inexplicable urge to play some .hack again.

Reactions: PC-tan and lashman

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Worse case scenario, use windows 10 upgrade assistant, something you can use to manually download updates.
I have been updating my work computer since last month. Currently using 1809. The update keeps failing after 85%.
Currently doing another attempt to update it. Now I have installed the latest drivers and uninstalled 3rd party antivirus software. I hope it works this time

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
BL3 just forced me to agree to a License agreement over Steam. Can't remember seeing that kind of steam pop up ever before, but maybe I'm miss-remembering?

The agreement is from the 13th of july 2019 and told me that all online purchases are being bought from SONY NETWORK ENTERTAINMENT Europe.
The Valve / Sony cooperation is way deeper than we all knew!

All content that is purchased from in-game shops is purchased from Sony Network Entertainment Europe Limited ("SNEE")...

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Tried a fix for the text in FF3 on Steam
...it messed the fonts on some software I use so I'm switching back XD

I have been updating my work computer since last month. Currently using 1809. The update keeps failing after 85%.
Currently doing another attempt to update it. Now I have installed the latest drivers and uninstalled 3rd party antivirus software. I hope it works this time
One only needs malwarebytes and windows defender IMO

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
How does it hold up? I've never played it and been curious to give it a try,
Okami or .hack? :p
The former I'm really enjoying. Graphics still look good thanks to the artstyle, exploration is very good, lots of side stuff, story is interesting too. Downside is that the intro in the beginning is way too long and slow, and many "cutscenes" are too slow as well (since you can't manually advance dialog in those...)

.hack I probably wouldn't recommend if you don't have some nostalgia for it, the gameplay doesn't really hold up and environmental variation/graphics are very poor (at least in the first game, the one I'm still at). I like the world and story though and it has cool cutscenes.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Okami or .hack? :p
The former I'm really enjoying. Graphics still look good thanks to the artstyle, exploration is very good, lots of side stuff, story is interesting too. Downside is that the intro in the beginning is way too long and slow, and many "cutscenes" are too slow as well (since you can't manually advance dialog in those...)

.hack I probably wouldn't recommend if you don't have some nostalgia for it, the gameplay doesn't really hold up and environmental variation/graphics are very poor (at least in the first game, the one I'm still at). I like the world and story though and it has cool cutscenes.
Ah yes I was curious about Okami.:D Sounds good though.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Tried a fix for the text in FF3 on Steam
...it messed the fonts on some software I use so I'm switching back XD

One only needs malwarebytes and windows defender IMO
They still haven't fixed the font for FF3 yet?
Can't really do anything about the AV software since it's a work computer :p

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
BL3 just forced me to agree to a License agreement over Steam. Can't remember seeing that kind of steam pop up ever before, but maybe I'm miss-remembering?

The agreement is from the 13th of july 2019 and told me that all online purchases are being bought from SONY NETWORK ENTERTAINMENT Europe.
The Valve / Sony cooperation is way deeper than we all knew!

Looks like regions marked for translation but someone forgot to remove those that don't apply here. (or translator messed up markings and automated process broke). English version has Apple Store part without markings but not Sony parts.

Maybe other versions has mistakes too

I wouldn't use real money for csgo items tho :p

I just realized that Borderlands 3 on Steam is Windows only, while it's Windows and OSX on EGS.
That's weird, usually it's the other way around.
Third party port. Mac & Linux ports are always bit behind.
Could come to steam too.

Copons

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
Brighton, UK
copons.wordpress.com
How does it hold up? I've never played it and been curious to give it a try,
Okami could definitely have used some trim here and there, and especially the unskippable dialogues feel super old nowadays, but all in all it holds up really well imho. It's a pleasure to look at, it's charming, the gameplay is solid enough. It's a very good Zelda-like, maybe the best even?

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
After refusing to log into GAF to give them the satisfaction, I've finally found the 52 games/year threads. Gotta update my 2020 one here!

Edit 1: Turns out I still rate heaps of game 3.5/5 or 7/10
Edit 2: I played an unhealthy number of lego games in 2015
Edit: PC games updated as best as possible, I was a little lazy at noting them down at times and had to use last played date in my finished folder in steam,

Finished back to 2015 at the best of my ability!

Last edited:

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
So I tried to update Windows one more time. This time I uninstalled the antivirus software. Still failed the update.
I give up now. The last resort would be reinstall the Windows entirely, but that's not an option right now

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Well, looks like Borderlands 3 is doing well on Steam at the moment with almos 60k ccu playing it, do not expect the same CCU it had at launch that would be (by Randy's twee) around 250k although it will keep going up as the big day is usually Sunday and the coronavirus crisis will help numbers of every service to go up. (even maybe a new Steam peak in general)

Reactions: Arsene

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
I think I bet 100k or so? Launching at 50% off has helped, steam users don't feel like they are being penalised beyond the 6 month wait.

Reactions: lashman

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
I think I bet 100k or so? Launching at 50% off has helped, steam users don't feel like they are being penalised beyond the 6 month wait.
100k is possible, yeah, although my prediction is around 75k today at max.
Tomorrow tho? I could easily see 100-125k

Reactions: ISee

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
It's a good thing people are buying Blands 3 on Steam. It means that thousands of people have waited for the Steam release which puts a damper on EGS, but when some people are double dipping it shows even harder how much people prefer Steam.

Yes, I know that view is the "lesser of evils", but I

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
I was hoping for a two weeks of quarantine but then our wickedly evil government in the UK has decided to just let the virus tear through the population in some sort of twisted social Darwinist hellscspe experiment.

So I guess I'll have to go to work for now.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I was hoping for a two weeks of quarantine but then our wickedly evil government in the UK has decided to just let the virus tear through the population in some sort of twisted social Darwinist hellscspe experiment.

So I guess I'll have to go to work for now.

(sorry, i had to :p)

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
Now I'm jealous of those who get 2 weeks off work, I just start working from home. Would have been perfect for Doom, Animal Cross, Panzer Corps 2, Half Life Alyx...

Our workplace gave us 2 weeks extra sick leave / time off, but now I feel like I should hold onto those until I get sick and only spend em for our planned vacation (if the place is still open), or around Christmastime....

Status
Not open for further replies.