Community MetaSteam | March 2020 - Rise and Shine, Ms. Vance, Until It Is Done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Finished Half-Life 1 again. Not unexpected to see the game has aged a lot and that nostalgia glasses do a bang up job.
I didn't expect to experience a buggy Xen thought, I understand the bad rep this segment has now.

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
What a shitty situation, this is becoming unreal. You really have to wonder how far this will go.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
What a shitty situation, this is becoming unreal. You really have to wonder how far this will go.
It feels like its the end times, we are fucking doomed.
If only Valve could release Half-Life Alyx right now so that people stay home instead of stocking up on toilet paper or spreading the disease.

Or, I don't know, Tim Sweeney could give away more games right now to help keep the teenagers at home. Or are they already playing Fortnite?

Companies which are after people's time and attention, it is time to act now: people have a lot of free-time and have to stay home!

Last edited:
Reactions: LEANIJA

sprinkles

Dec 8, 2018
Now I'm jealous of those who get 2 weeks off work, I just start working from home. Would have been perfect for Doom, Animal Cross, Panzer Corps 2, Half Life Alyx...

Our workplace gave us 2 weeks extra sick leave / time off, but now I feel like I should hold onto those until I get sick and only spend em for our planned vacation (if the place is still open), or around Christmastime....
I am probably starting work from home come Tuesday (IT still needs to provide us with Notebooks), so I am cleaning out our office "room" at home all morning. Until now the room was used more as a storage space rather than an actual office though :whistle:

But look what I found (missing the actual CDs though, they should be in the basement with the rest of my old PC stuff):

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Why? Seriously, I don't get it.
Several countries are on lockdown, people need permission to leave their fucking homes. Supermarkets and pharmacies are being raided. Every event that gathers more than a few people has been cancelled, schools are closed, sports tournaments are canceleld until further notice, etc, etc.

TheLetdown

A six-pack of letdown.
Oct 30, 2018
I am probably starting work from home come Tuesday (IT still needs to provide us with Notebooks), so I am cleaning out our office "room" at home all morning. Until now the room was used more as a storage space rather than an actual office though :whistle:

But look what I found (missing the actual CDs though, they should be in the basement with the rest of my old PC stuff):
AWESOME!

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018

I still have my original Rebel Assault CD, but I don't remember it coming in a box like that - my first CD-ROM drive was a quad speed (when quad was new) - but I would have thrown out the box the day of getting the game.

Firewithin

MetaMember
Dec 19, 2018
i just got to a certain part in Ori and :confounded-face: :cry:

also the world is going insane so thank goodness for video games

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Even in Sweden!? Little worried about my mother, she's old and sick and just by the swedish / finnish border, so lot's of traffic there.
Yes, I was surprised that the shelves were empty. Dry food, conserved food, frozen food and even toilet paper all empty. Fresh food was surprisingly still large amount. I also went to two different pharmacies to buy hand sanitizer. Nothing, even the shelf for pain killers was empty.
Never in my life have I seen that people are panicking

Reactions: Le Pertti

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
I also went to two different pharmacies to buy hand sanitizer. Nothing, even the shelf for pain killers was empty.
For info, hand sanitizers consist mostly of alcohol.

This is in French, because I could not find the English document:

Basically, it is 83% alcohol, 5% Hydrogen peroxide, 2% Glycerol, and 10% distilled water.
You are not supposed to do it yourself, but you get the idea: alcohol.

Last edited:

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
My first online food order was coronaed. The delivery guy is hours late (no biggy) and they ran out of meat and bread. This will make for some interesting menus.

Reactions: PC-tan and Ge0force

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
My first online food order was coronaed. The delivery guy is hours late (no biggy) and they ran out of meat and bread. This will make for some interesting menus.
Why do you get it delivered? I would rather buy directly at the supermarket than meet with a random dude who delivers food all day, no?

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Why do you get it delivered? I would rather buy directly at the supermarket than meet with a random dude who delivers food all day, no?
Yeah, you're not wrong. I exchanged a supermarket full of people for a delivery guy who had contacts with another ton of people. There is no winning here :thinking-blob:

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Feels good, I did all my groceries earlier this month, not because of the virus but because I*m poor haha and could get 12 euro of my 100 euro groceries. So now I can manage all month.:D

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Today's the day.

Who's ready for a new Kiseki game? :dana_joy:
Apparently Falcom released a prequel comic called "Ring of Judgement" which gives a few details as to what Estelle and Johsua did leading up Zero.
Reading it now, and can recommend it to people waiting for the patch to drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.