Community MetaSteam | March 2020 - Rise and Shine, Ms. Vance, Until It Is Done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sprinkles

Dec 8, 2018
I finished what little there is at the moment of the first Early Access version of Record of Lodoss War - Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth. There is not much of a game now . It took me half an hour, and then maybe another 20 minutes to find all the secrets. There are two (easy) boss fights in the game, including the water dragon from the trailer. A few characters from the anime show up (have not watched that in 20+ years though - when it aired on German Free TV - so I can be mistaken), but not much of a story as of yet. The gameplay is very much Touhou Luna Nights which I adore, but it is missing variety: only one music track is in, no distinct zones or areas, two spells, a few different weapons, two elemental Familiars (which grant different weapon damage & immunities) -that's pretty much it right now.

Copons

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
Brighton, UK
copons.wordpress.com
Nice job preloading Ori, XGP!

I downloaded Ori 2 a while ago, and just got around to try it now, but apparently I've got to download a 15GB patch?
Either they had a LOT to fix, or XGP doesn't support incremental updates, or the preload was a lie. :confused-face:

Reactions: lashman

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Fun fact: I heard that the Win10 store download is apparently 15 GB, while the Steam download is ~6 GB IIRC.

So not only did MS build a really shitty cellphone app delivery infrastructure, the built a shitty cellphone app delivery infrastructure without decent compression.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
A Short Hike is really charming.

I downloaded Ori 2 a while ago, and just got around to try it now, but apparently I've got to download a 15GB patch?
There was a 8GB patch on day two or three, which fixed issues like the sound buzzing every few seconds if the game was not installed on a SSD..

Fun fact: I heard that the Win10 store download is apparently 15 GB,
True.

Reactions: Copons

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Has anybody played one of these 3 games? I am thinking of trying A Short Hike, which is supposed to be short, but I am not sure about the other two.

I can also recommend A Short Hike, its a lovely game.

As of today we actually have a curfew. I didn't expect that.

Not that I was planning on going anywhere, but still :p
We do? I know we have to reduce social life but I didnt hear about a curfew yet. Gotta catch up on the news.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
My PC has been acting funny since the past few weeks.

It would locked or hang randomly, from playing games even when just browsing the internet. I suspected that the power supply is finally dying, or it's probably the hard drive. Today, I brought my PC to the nearby store to get it checked. I stimulated how and when it would stop (it's highly likely hang when playing a cutscene in a game) while testing my PC with a new power supply. But the problem still persisted. Turned out that the root of the problem was one of the RAM chips (8GB). After I removed it and replaced it with a new one, everything is back to normal again. I didn't know that RAM can wear out over time too.

Reactions: 「Echo」 and ISee

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
As of today we actually have a curfew. I didn't expect that.

Not that I was planning on going anywhere, but still :p
Nothing so drastic here yet, just closed borders and shopping centers, but well... If current trends keep up, just a question of time.
Stay healthylucky.

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Playing BL3 with friends is currently a bit troublesome because of constant lag and "rubber banding". Guess more people are playing than they expected.

Reactions: lashman

OMEGALUL

Apr 15, 2019
We should all celebrate steam thriving cause when people start missing the internet bills in a couple of weeks Steam users will drop like a rock, I know I will probably be offline at the end of the month and that fucking depress me.

Last edited:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
We should all celebrate steam thriving cause when people start missing the internet bills in a couple of weeks Steam users will drop like a rock, I know I will probably offline at the end of the month and that fucking depress me.
You mean some american Steam users, right? Some US states, Europe and most of the world doesn't have data caps.

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
Just beat Ori 2 @ 11:58 / 86%. Gorgeous game. I don't want to be too negative, but it didn't really give me the joy I usually get from a top tier Metroidvania. It felt like everything was just given to you.

Reactions: lashman and C-Dub

dfghstrbght

May 10, 2019
This is the true reason VR exist!

“The future of the bathroom smells rosy and will never, ever lack toilet paper,” he said. “Absolutely incredible.”
  • RollBot is a Bluetooth-enabled robot designed to deliver a fresh roll of toilet paper to you when you unexpectedly run out on the throne.
  • SmellSense combines a fart sensor with an LED display that alerts you whether or not a bathroom is safe or toxic to enter.
  • V.I.Pee provides an Oculus Rift S VR headset at concerts and events so that you don’t have to miss any of the action while you are answering nature’s call.

Reactions: 「Echo」

rybrad

Apr 22, 2019
Just finished Ys VIII and damn, what a ride. I thought the game was excellent throughout (except the raids and hunts obviously) and played flawlessly after the patch work from Durante. I haven't played a Ys game in quite some time and finishing this made me just start up Ys Origin right after.

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Yeah, when I found out, I tried to put my whole colony in the ship. Took me a while, but I did (more than 100 half useless morons). I didn't feel the need to play again since :/
I abandoned most of my guys and only took the three starting colonists in the ship. When the credits finished it took me back to my base so i guess i could carry on from there.

Im starting a new game and will use lots of mods this time so anyone feel free to suggest some. Aaron D. mentioned some a few days ago that im going to check out.

Reactions: Ruvon

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
20 million concurrent is impressive af for steam.

So much of the world is on lockdown I wonder how well console #s are doing.

F2P games are feasting across the board on all platforms. Kind of surprising PUBG hasn't gone F2P yet. Its not even a top 40 global seller on steam and they've probably sold as much as it could possibly sell at this point. They can boost their current numbers by a lot if they did.

Reactions: LEANIJA

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Can't wait to get home from this trip and lock myself in and play Trails from Zero.

Hype level is through the roof from the screens y'all posted.

Reactions: Kvik

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Can't wait to get home from this trip and lock myself in and play Trails from Zero.

It's really great. The Geofront people really managed to produce a great localization that feels like a continuation of the Sky games XSEED published. In an ideal world, the UI would be a bit better suited for a PC monitor, but given that it used to be a straight-forward port from a PSP game, there's really only so much you can expect on that front. The actual city of Crossbell is amazing, though. It feels like a true urban landscape, compared with the much more rural flare of Liberl.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.

Enjoy! It's early days yet, but I feel it has the potential to be one of the best fan-made localisation ever made. Probably even better than Scarlet Study's Gyakuten Kenji 2 localisation. :dana_joy:
Also, #trailsfromzero hashtag blew up on Twitter overnight. Looks like people are really enjoying the game. :dana_bed:

TheLetdown

A six-pack of letdown.
Oct 30, 2018
With the whole Social Distancing thing and my birthday being this Thursday, there’s something tempting me to pick up Borderlands 3.

I never finished the other two, so I don’t know why this is. Randy mind-flaying me?

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Apparently there's another Steam Game Festival starting tomorrow (limited time demos etc.) - Steam :: Raji: An Ancient Epic :: Raji: An Ancient Epic: Steam Game Festival
Interesting. There was one in December:

This means we should get some new emoticons for the event.

Reactions: PC-tan

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Just finished Ys VIII and damn, what a ride. I thought the game was excellent throughout (except the raids and hunts obviously) and played flawlessly after the patch work from Durante. I haven't played a Ys game in quite some time and finishing this made me just start up Ys Origin right after.
Ys Origin is quite a different game, but it's also excellent.
It was my favourite Ys until I played VIII (and the latter was in coop, so that's an unfair comparison ;))

Reactions: rybrad
Status
Not open for further replies.