Community MetaSteam | March 2020 - Rise and Shine, Ms. Vance, Until It Is Done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
It's too bad that Zero Kai won't have this.

Probably worse texture quality too.

1440p is nicer to look at.

Eww. PSP textures right? Didn't even know that they were different. And it's not just being low rez, look at the wall, it looks dirty and damaged.
Also, I have little hope for the Kai versions, and it might cause yet more issues for their Western popularity. 2021 on PS4 is laaate, and on Steam it will be even later I guess...

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Another reason why I prefer PC gaming:

How long before the new standard m2 drives are significantly faster than Microsofts custom "next-gen" solution?

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Xbox Series X sounds good until I realize all Xbox games will come to Steam, I have to pay for online, I can't use cheats or trainers, I can't mod or edit files, it doesn't support VR, it doesn't support most controllers, there a long range of games and genres that I play that don't exist on console, that I want graphic settings so I can turn off things I hate in games, it doesn't have Steam Workshop, not multiple stores so game prices are high, only first party games supports playtime tracking (as far as I know), lots of japanese games and different indie games that doesn't release on Xbox aka different sorts of console exclusive that still hits PC day 1.

But yeah, other that that the Xbox Series X sounds good.

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
I will still be a primarily PC gamer because I use PC for more than gaming and I will continue with my purchasing habit of buying consoles after a revision (ie PS4 Pro/Switch mariko).

XSX spec looks really good and will be more or less equal with PC built in 2019-2020.

I wonder how much will Microsoft charge for XSX though. Spec wise it's about $1500+ PC equivalent.
XBX can't be cheap.
They will obviously sell it at a loss.

Reactions: PC-tan

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
The only reason I have ever bought a console is due to exclusives, so I can't see myself ever buying a new Xbox, but that is okay considering MS is getting my money on Steam anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: PC-tan and LEANIJA

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada

Assassin's Creed Unity had a (temporary) price drop in Korea/Indonesia on Steam where it was available for like 5 cents and it singlehandedly caused Unity to skyrocket to #1 on EMEAA charts last month. Metro Exodus also got a boost because of its Steam release lol

Reactions: LEANIJA

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
That's a pity, but oh well.

I really don't want to get invested in Crossbell only to be cockblocked by Aoi not being in english. Plus I really, really, reaaaaaally don't want to pay close to the 3 Sora games combined for just Zero and I'd rather not raise the Jolly Roger unless I have no other option.
Ao has a servicable English fan patch already.
Zero costs, what $27?

Reactions: QFNS

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019

Assassin's Creed Unity had a (temporary) price drop in Korea/Indonesia on Steam where it was available for like 5 cents and it singlehandedly caused Unity to skyrocket to #1 on EMEAA charts last month. Metro Exodus also got a boost because of its Steam release lol

I'm guilty. It's 0.19 cent by the way.

Reactions: Arsene

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
Zero costs, what $27?
The problem is that $27 is a whole lotta money to pay for a 7 year old game right now, my currency is in a dumpster fire and gets worse every passing day.

Hell, I can buy RE3 for the (current) equivalent of 27 USD.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
The problem is that $27 is a whole lotta money to pay for a 7 year old game right now, my currency is in a dumpster fire and gets worse every passing day.

Zero has very regular sales on Dlsite and other japanese online stores that sell it of 50%, so around 13 $, with some rounding up.
And if you are a fan of the Trails series, it's easily worth that. The localization and patch is quite sublime.

Reactions: QFNS

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Zero costs, what $27?
Zero is frequently 50% off on dlsite, when I bought it a year ago I paid around 11 or 12 euros. And yes, Ao's existing translation gets the job done just fine, it's way better than Zero's old translation. There's really no excuse to not play these incredible games.

Edit: yup, what he said^

Wait, what? Where?

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Regular sales eh, maybe I'll grab it then.

My region is one of the lucky ones to actually get proper regional pricing from Capcom, that's the price for me on Steam and I can get it for even lower on GMG.
Oh, OK, cheapest I can find is just shy of 40 euros at CDkeys.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Ubisoft sale and no Division 2 and Breakpoint lol. Thought Ubi liked money.

Division 2 releases on Stadia tommorrow btw.

Reactions: LEANIJA

Yoshi

o_O
Jan 5, 2019
Major Sale!

To celebrate this massive update we're running another massive sale! From March 16th 2020, 10am PST - March 20th 2020, 10am PST you can pick up The Mean Greens for only $0.99! That's right, we're doing another Dollar Sale! This will be the LAST time we will be offering this ultra low price! After this sale we will be raising the price of The Mean Greens to be more in line with the upcoming console release. So be sure to let all your friends know if they want to grab the game super cheap, now's the time!
Bots have been added to the game. Here's a full list of updates.

Reactions: Arsene

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Ubisoft sale and no Division 2 and Breakpoint lol. Thought Ubi liked money.

Division 2 releases on Stadia tommorrow btw.
MA BOI, be patient, we don't know if it's going to be released but a few points that need to be made.

1 - As you said, game is releasing tomorrow on Stadia, who knows if they will just stealth release Division 2 on Steam out of nowhere, tbh timing with that movement on Steamdb (yes, I still think it's something) 2 weeks ago and this sale is way too weird an convenient.

2 - Division 2 timed exclusivity ended yesterday but everyone knows that NO ONE will release a big game on Sunday, why? cause' not a lof of users would be able to download and play the same day, makes more sense to expect it to release (if it does) this week than past week for that same reason, engagement.

3 - Breakpoint would not be expected until October, so makes no sense to mention it, however, Anno is next month so, who knows.

LET'S MAKE THIS CLEAR: UBISOFT'S MOVEMENTS ARE UNKNOWN FOR THE TIME BEING, A STEAM RELEASE IS UNKNOWN AND NO ONE KNOWS WHAT TO EXPECT, so let's see what happens.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
MA BOI, be patient, we don't know if it's going to be released but a few points that need to be made.

1 - As you said, game is releasing tomorrow on Stadia, who knows if they will just stealth release Division 2 on Steam out of nowhere, tbh timing with that movement on Steamdb (yes, I still think it's something) 2 weeks ago and this sale is way too weird an convenient.

2 - Division 2 timed exclusivity ended yesterday but everyone knows that NO ONE will release a big game on Sunday, why? cause' not a lof of users would be able to download and play the same day, makes more sense to expect it to release (if it does) this week than past week for that same reason, engagement.

3 - Breakpoint would not be expected until October, so makes no sense to mention it, however, Anno is next month so, who knows.

LET'S MAKE THIS CLEAR: UBISOFT'S MOVEMENTS ARE UNKNOWN FOR THE TIME BEING, A STEAM RELEASE IS UNKNOWN AND NO ONE KNOWS WHAT TO EXPECT, so let's see what happens.
It's not like that, I don't really care for Division 2 and Breakpoint and I own Anno 1800 on Steam.

Im more interested in AC, Watch Dogs and Settlers. If Division 2 doesn't appear on Steam until Watch Dogs is out Im playing it through a month of Uplay +.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
And yes, Ao's existing translation gets the job done just fine, it's way better than Zero's old translation. There's really no excuse to not play these incredible games.
Let's say an average fan has just finished playing Zero today, and want to jump to Ao no Kiseki straight away. What would they need to do?

I. Obtaining a legal copy of the PC version of Ao no Kiseki is not a trivial matter. Even if you have a credit card and Google Translate at the ready. Not to mention patching out the DRM, applying the translation patch, etc. It may be just half an hour work for us because we're PC-literate, but it won't be so easy for others.

Let's say this fan had enough stuffing around since it's becoming way too hard. "Fuck it, imma download it from the cat site instead". What happens then?

II. The game runs, but it will be missing all the QoL from the Geofront we've all accustomed too. They can forget about arbitrary resolution support, 144fps, redone Notebook, controller/KB&M remapping, etc. Maybe we can force SGSSAA and 16x AF with NVInspector, but without native resolution support, it probably won't look as good for people who have high-resolution screens.

Then maybe a console player comes in. "Fuck it, imma play it with my PSP (lol)". Xdelta-patch it to an ISO and off we go. What awaits them?

III. The state of the Ao translation is maybe better than the Zero leak, but 30% of it was translated by flame who mostly MTL'd his share of the script, and as a result, still requires heavy editing. Additionally, since it's not being handled by Geofront, the editing style will be a far cry from the XSEED-style localisation as demonstrated in Zero.

Frankly, I won't disparage people from playing the Ao patch as it is, maybe it's perfectly serviceable. Maybe wait for the Kai versions. It's also another good option. By all means, they should go for it. But speaking for myself, I'm too used to having standards set by XSEED and Geofront, even if I have to wait years and years for it.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Pretty happy about that gen of consoles raising the hardware bar so much. Let's remember that this is going to be the baseline for the next decade of games, so the higher the starting point, the better. PC will always outpace them a couple years in.

Reactions: lashman and LEANIJA

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
It's not like that, I don't really care for Division 2 and Breakpoint and I own Anno 1800 on Steam.

Im more interested in AC, Watch Dogs and Settlers. If Division 2 doesn't appear on Steam until Watch Dogs is out Im playing it through a month of Uplay +.
Well, it's important to know about Division 2 cause' that's the path the rest would follow.

Reactions: lashman

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Well, it's important to know about Division 2 cause' that's the path the rest would follow.
I know and this EGS deal is definetly not about the dev cut or they wouldn't have releases their games on Stadia which, as far as I know, takes 30%.

Firewithin

MetaMember
Dec 19, 2018
anybody have any good tips or guides for Wolcen? i started this yesterday and already got my ass kicked a few times

Status
Not open for further replies.