Community MetaSteam | March 2020 - Rise and Shine, Ms. Vance, Until It Is Done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
Valve is anti consumer because they don't make Left 4 Dead 3 derpityderp and TF2 is getting stale (CSGO and DOTA2 doesn't count), Alyx is anti consumer because it's VR only and "runs best on Index" (while their competitors buy exclusivity), Valve's 30% cut is bad because Epic only takes 12% (and buys exclusivity)... the usual. Projection, projection, projection.

Valve is evil because they're better then the others. Except when they're not, but, you know, the horrible treatment of content makers in their games is not what gets you clicks.
Gotta prop up all the shitty competition that at least listens to their consumers! Like Epic and all their great catalogue available on EGS. Or fucking Facebook, they love their consumers those ones.

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
Gotta say those Blands3 Steam backgrounds are beautiful. Won't buy the game but gonna try grabbing some of them.

Last edited:
Reactions: lashman

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Heads up if you're playing Doom via steam. I was told you can avoid the bethesda account crap by using offline mode for steam. You'll just get some warning about missing online features (oh nooooo...). It's not the most ideal situation but at least we can do it.
The online features are likely the dark souls invasions they gonna bring post launch tho

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018

"DirectX 12 Ultimate" is a bit of a silly name, but inline ratracing is cool. The new Vulkan RT supports it too.

Also, apparently my RTX GPU is already "DirectX 12 Ultimate Ready". I see.

Ganado

¡Detrás de tí, imbécil!
Nov 6, 2018
The Stanley Parable, which is a Source game that's free on EGS now, apparently "kinda" checks ownership on Steam if you have it running. It put the game on the top of my recently played list on Steam when I launched it on EGS and it also launches with the Steam overlay (though as if it was a non-Steam game). Game works fine without Steam running though, just kinda dumb that it now is on top of my recent list.

InquisitorAles

I know nothing
Oct 19, 2018
www.youtube.com
That GTA4 update is a mess. Yeah, Rockstar removed GFWL (or rather replaced it with it's own launcher) and added Steam achievements, but everything else left untouched. Same old bugs like zoomed cutscenes, still impossible to reach stable 144FPS at any resolution, but now you can't use community fixes because they are incompatible with new version. Not to mention that mods are not working anymore as well, and they removed radio stations and multiplayer. This update is disgrace, going to make video about it tommorow.

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Valve is anti consumer because they don't make Left 4 Dead 3 derpityderp and TF2 is getting stale (CSGO and DOTA2 doesn't count), Alyx is anti consumer because it's VR only and "runs best on Index" (while their competitors buy exclusivity), Valve's 30% cut is bad because Epic only takes 12% (and buys exclusivity)... the usual. Projection, projection, projection.

Valve is evil because they're better then the others. Except when they're not, but, you know, the horrible treatment of content makers in their games is not what gets you clicks.
Gotta prop up all the shitty competition that at least listens to their consumers! Like Epic and all their great catalogue available on EGS. Or fucking Facebook, they love their consumers those ones.

Thanks for the writeup. I'll gladly skip this video. :D

Reactions: Arsene

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Loving the RE3 demo but I'm getting an insane amount of dithering on hair/beards. Messing with the settings doesn't seem to make a difference.
Demo also doesn't support DS4, it works but doesn't recognize the d-pad.

Reactions: PC-tan

Ganado

¡Detrás de tí, imbécil!
Nov 6, 2018
Loving the RE3 demo but I'm getting an insane amount of dithering on hair/beards. Messing with the settings doesn't seem to make a difference.
Demo also doesn't support DS4, it works but doesn't recognize the d-pad.
This is the biggest problem for me with RE7/2 and now 3. The only thing that works is turning on FXAA and TAA but then it all looks like garbage.

Reactions: Stevey

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
That GTA4 update is a mess. Yeah, Rockstar removed GFWL (or rather replaced it with it's own launcher) and added Steam achievements, but everything else left untouched. Same old bugs like zoomed cutscenes, still impossible to reach stable 144FPS at any resolution, but now you can't use community fixes because they are incompatible with new version. Not to mention that mods are not working anymore as well, and they removed radio stations and multiplayer. This update is disgrace, going to make video about it tommorow.
yup, seems like Rockstar all right.

Probably for the best if you dont want to get an aneurysm
Yeah I think I can do without =) I'm just looking at cute animal photos right now to keep my mind off the pandemic. I dont need to watch someone be stupid for no reason.

Reactions: Kvik and Arsene

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I was able to play some of the RE3R demo and ya it sucks how it will not recognize DS4. My Xbox One controller is sort of broken (I will eventually need to buy a replacement). For some reason when I use the Steam Option for DS4, it treats it like I'm using M+KB instead of a controller.

What good is that ok able to get 60+fps at 1440p. I think I will need to mess around with some settings and stuff. One of the things that I didn't like about RE2R. Was how it uses a special "color" mode, most of the time I don't have to mess with stuff like that since there is only one option.

Jav

Question everything, learn nothing
Sep 17, 2019
Any opinions on Earth Defense Force 4.1 Wingdiver the shooter?

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Any opinions on Earth Defense Force 4.1 Wingdiver the shooter?
As much as I love all of EDF, bullet hell, and wing divers, I sadly don't think it's all that great. It feels like it can't decide whether it's bullet hell or a more traditional shmup, and gives you a large hitbox while making everything much harder to read than in most shmups. Or maybe I just suck :p

Note: I've only given it a very short try.

Reactions: Jav

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Steam Global Top sellers As we approach the release of Doom Eternal
THAT'S A REALLY VARIED TOP SELLERS LIST, DAMN!!!!

In fact a really good representation of how big PC Gaming is right now, love it.

:cpc_lol: "good context for today's editorial" [...] '"The Epic Games Store is the best thing that could happen to Steam" :SeemsGood:
STOP 👏 GIVING 👏 ATTENTION 👏 TO 👏 THOSE 👏 WHO 👏 DON'T 👏 DESERVE 👏 YOUR 👏 TIME

and if not, at least talk about this on the EGS thread cause we all know this will drive the attention to that topic. thanks.

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
Finished a game today after almost an entire month without playing anything. Got a bit of time to waste these last couple of days and decided to give another chance to Metal Gear Rising, which was pretty great once I properly learned to play it. Now it's time to get ready for Cold Steel 3 next week :blobcheer:

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
About that Engadget video, let me paraphrase a couple of lines from the Geocuck meme (as crass as it sounds):

PLAY ALYX WITH YOUR CHOSEN HMD
STOP ENABLING THESE FUCKING ATTENTION-WHORING HACKS

:dana_excited:

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
Maybe it's a feature I forgot about, but this is kind of interesting. I hit the Play Game button here and it launched Steam, installed the game, then launched it without me having to do a thing. This all started with Steam shut down as well.

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
OK, after loading a DS4 profile that made me feel right at home and optimizing the settings I gave the demo another go and had an absolute blast. I'll need more encounters with Nemesis to make a veredict on him but everything else is great. I hope the dithering isn't as bad in the final game though.

Reactions: LEANIJA

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
OK, after loading a DS4 profile that made me feel right at home and optimizing the settings I gave the demo another go and had an absolute blast. I'll need more encounters with Nemesis to make a veredict on him but everything else is great. I hope the dithering isn't as bad in the final game though.
The RE3 demo was absolutely great, everything I wanted for it to be. Plays exactly like RE2, and I loved that game to bits. The whole thing transported to the city street works really well. Looking forward to the full release.

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
A few weeks from now I'll be playing TOCS3, P5R and FF7R and I'll be in jrpg heaven (and completely overwhelmed).
I'm actually playing FF7 later though since I'll have to wait until my brother beats it, I can't afford it on top of the other games and it would be too much to handle anyway.

"Monday launch on Monday"

The RE3 demo was absolutely great, everything I wanted for it to be. Plays exactly like RE2, and I loved that game to bits. The whole thing transported to the city street works really well. Looking forward to the full release.

Yeah, these remakes are an absolute dream come true for me.

Reactions: LEANIJA and MJunioR

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
A few weeks from now I'll be playing TOCS3, P5R and FF7R and I'll be in jrpg heaven (and completely overwhelmed).
I'm actually playing FF7 later though since I'll have to wait until my brother beats it, I can't afford it on top of the other games and it would be too much to handle anyway.

"Monday launch on Monday"
Don't forget Trials of Mana :heroblob:

Reactions: Kvik

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Tested out Doom Eternal quickly before going to bed. Above 120 fps, mostly around 140-180 fps at Ultra Nightmare settings with chromatic, film and motion blur turned off at 1080p.

Fucking beautiful.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
aparently you are all proving her point :LOL:
Their are lots of valid criticism of Valve about anticonsumerism - their various court battles in the EU and Australia over refunds, ownership of games, pricing, regional locks - all among them. Their handling of content on steam and steam communities - that range from trolling to outright nazis, that's also valid topics for criticism,

...Not being a public company, buying Campo Santo, and not making Ep3 are not valid arguments for her point, as they aren't anti-consumer, they're just her own opinion, . I wonder if this women will make a video when Sony dev'd games run best on the PS5 and not on the XSX or Switch, or laucnh late on PC... on STEAM, because that's basically the argument she makes.

..Letting their older titles age and not update them all continually... I... what?

The closest she gets to her original argument is that Steam became a stalwart for PC, and even physical copies were basically codes in a box, BUT, that was never Valve's doing or forced onto devs by them.

..And then we get to the 30% cut. Yep, this is gotta be straight faced satire, because there is no evidence of anticonsumerism in the video, nor a salient point. Why not mention the more consumer friendly GOG? They're drm free, have a great client that isn't required for any game, and have several of the same features Steam's client has, and update their old games a lot.

No, this is simply veiled gaslighting and hyperbole under the guise of legitimate criticism.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.