Community MetaSteam | March 2020 - Rise and Shine, Ms. Vance, Until It Is Done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
hi, 4K eye-candy gamer here. (no seriously, I'm the kinda PC gamer ok with 30FPS as long my games are max pretty.) What exactly is a faster SSD gonna do for pushing visual tech further?
Pop-in, much faster asset streaming, much higher asset fidelity as long as the VRAM isn't crying for mercy.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
So, in the last few hours Steam got....

and

Not bad, not bad.

I think it's nice to keep them there, if you have a storepage, why wouldn't I want to market you? it's potential income for both of us in the near future.
Superliminal for example got a demo, Operancia too, that's marketing for their Steam releases and it's GREAT.

InquisitorAles

I know nothing
Oct 19, 2018
www.youtube.com
I finally made a review about Gears 5, completed the story campaign and spent around 100+ hours in online matches:

Overall, I've enjoyed it, even though I was never a big fan of the Gears of War series. I remember how I dropped the first game midway because it was so boring and the rest wasn't impressed me much either, so yeah, I definitely didn't expect to end up liking this one so much. It's not perfect, but it should be fine if you'll get it on the sale or through gamepass.

kafiend

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
I completely agree, I'm loving it. I haven't played any BL since pre-sequel came out but still I feel like everything is better. I went into before how much better the worlds were but you are right, just playing it is much better. I also love that it takes itself much more serious but still humorous. Also, I can't remember how the music used to be but the music is genuinely quite good in BL3!
I'm loving just about everything about BL3 except the travel system which is better, but still shit. Far too much running across maps if you die or revisit places etc. for "reasons". That and the characters, especially the twins, are the most fucking awfully written, unbearable, and deliberately obnoxious bastards ever.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
About Animal Crossing, because yes, I am a bottomless pit of want and hype, can series veteran shed some light about the issue I had while first experiencing the 3ds one : npc that don't make sense (and thus for me defeat the point of the game). I mean, I approached the game like a charming town sim where I would have diverse activities and have some light neighbor sim.
And, did I play it wrong, all I got was fruits, fossils, fishing, and npc with dialogs so random and meaningless that I near actively avoided them. I don't want a super IA, but I found it super barebone, like roll a d20 and spout this random line of dialog random.

Did I miss something ? Are npc better than that ? Genuine question, I'm not trolling the fans.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
About Animal Crossing, because yes, I am a bottomless pit of want and hype, can series veteran shed some light about the issue I had while first experiencing the 3ds one : npc that don't make sense (and thus for me defeat the point of the game). I mean, I approached the game like a charming town sim where I would have diverse activities and have some light neighbor sim.
And, did I play it wrong, all I got was fruits, fossils, fishing, and npc with dialogs so random and meaningless that I near actively avoided them. I don't want a super IA, but I found it super barebone, like roll a d20 and spout this random line of dialog random.

Did I miss something ? Are npc better than that ? Genuine question, I'm not trolling the fans.
In what way do they not make sense? You just kind of chat with them about some random stuff and occasionally they'll ask you to do some kind of task for/with them. The fruit, fossils, fishing, bug catching and house decorating is basically the loop of the game. That and slowly building up your home.

Reactions: Li Kao

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
In what way do they not make sense? You just kind of chat with them about some random stuff and occasionally they'll ask you to do some kind of task for/with them. The fruit, fossils, fishing, bug catching and house decorating is basically the loop of the game. That and slowly building up your home.
Not making sense is maybe the wrong term. I think, it has been some years, that I was put off by how random it felt. Like, why speak to this npc, he will tell me that he likes cakes or that it's cool that the sky is blue. In Stardew, which is a bad comparison but bear with me, the dialogs are far too scripted, yeah, but people have things to say, not fascinating but you can have the sense of talking to people. In what I played of Animal Crossing 3ds, I just got the sense that when I pushed the dialog button the game was throwing a d20 on a dialog table.
I missed the point, didn't I ?

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
My internet thingie just is never going to happen, now they are sending me forms to sign saying I'm the owner of the apartment and approve of work being done to the building haha, but I'm not owner!XD

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
So... Steam peaked the number of CCU on the playform (not playing) again this week, ON THURSDAY, it's amazing how gaming is peaking again and again, even if it's, unfortunately, doe to the coronavirus outbreak.

But also, Disco Elysium, that game also peaked it's ccu number today with 8k players.

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
Not making sense is maybe the wrong term. I think, it has been some years, that I was put off by how random it felt. Like, why speak to this npc, he will tell me that he likes cakes or that it's cool that the sky is blue. In Stardew, which is a bad comparison but bear with me, the dialogs are far too scripted, yeah, but people have things to say, not fascinating but you can have the sense of talking to people. In what I played of Animal Crossing 3ds, I just got the sense that when I pushed the dialog button the game was throwing a d20 on a dialog table.
Yeah dialogue feels a bit.. vapid. Especially when they give you gifts that you instantly give them back and stuff... it's a bit... off.
To me it's a bit too much of a checklist of stuff and tedious daily activities more than a real game.

And I don't mean that I dislike... "life simulators" I guess, Tomodachi Life is a hundred times what Animal Crossing tries to be: living NPCs that do stuff, interact with one another, and create weird ass situations.
When your Miis start falling in love, fight for someone only to all be rejected it's kinda hilarious. In AC it's just... "talk to everyone once today kthx".

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
So... Steam peaked the number of CCU on the playform (not playing) again this week, ON THURSDAY, it's amazing how gaming is peaking again and again, even if it's, unfortunately, doe to the coronavirus outbreak.

But also, Disco Elysium, that game also peaked it's ccu number today with 8k players.

Yeah, I also saw the Steam peak. It already peaked on Wednesday before today.

Disco Elysium is surprising to see. Great that more people are playing it though!

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
Heads up if you're playing Doom via steam. I was told you can avoid the bethesda account crap by using offline mode for steam. You'll just get some warning about missing online features (oh nooooo...). It's not the most ideal situation but at least we can do it.

Reactions: LEANIJA

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
My internet thingie just is never going to happen, now they are sending me forms to sign saying I'm the owner of the apartment and approve of work being done to the building haha, but I'm not owner!XD
Do you have a choice? This stuff is usually very noisy.

BlackRainbowFT

Mouse Accelerated Member
Apr 17, 2019
Switzerland
No wonder I thought some of the music in Blands 3 is so good, Jesper Kyd has been doing some of it!

Like this one, just because that's where I am right now in the game.

Doesn't do justice in youtube format, because it dynamic, meaning if you are fighting or not.
Yup, unless I'm mistaken he also composed many (most ? all ?) BL2 tracks. Some of them were absolutely amazing.

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Each villager does have a kind of general theme or personality, but it's pretty one-dimensional You won't really have conversations with them, if that's what you mean. Sometimes they'll ask you a question and you can give a basic answer IIRC, but that's about it. You can also write them letters and they'll send you something back! Oh and they'll give you a nickname. If that's not your cup of tea, I get it. I find it all very endearing, simple though it may be :D

It's one of those games that you don't really play with a set goal or something. It's more a Tamagochi kind of thing, where just checking in and doing whatever is the point of it. Doesn't exactly make for riveting gameplay, but there's nothing else quite like it.

Reactions: Li Kao

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Do you have a choice? This stuff is usually very noisy.
Oh I wish they would do everything they can, but I don't understand why they are asking me, I dont own the building nor the apartment. Seems like there is a mix up somewhere. What they were going to they said was find a new time to come and hook it up, not send a permission form to do actual structural work.XD There is already fibre here.

Yup, unless I'm mistaken he also composed many (most ? all ?) BL2 tracks. Some of them were absolutely amazing.

Long time since I played BL2 but can't remember it standing out as much as now. But can have to do that I often played it while listening to a podcast haha.

Reactions: BlackRainbowFT

mssq

lurker
Apr 22, 2019

Finished Ori and the Will of the Wisps. One of the smoothest platforming games in a long time and also one of the prettiest games out there. :love:

Sadly the metroidvania feeling of exploration and finding new skills and items were kinda lacking for me. It just felt more like separated areas with very samey structure in all of them. Still a great time. Recommended.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Finally completed the 4 Blands 2 story DLCs. Picked up the season pass on on day 1 when Blands 2 releases and lost all interest to play the DLC when the main story was over. The DLCs were also really good actually.

So now Im ready to tackle Blands 3.

the amount of blatant lies and misinformation in this video is staggering.
You sure it's not a satirical video? Cause I laughed a lot at least.

Last edited:

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018

the amount of blatant lies and misinformation in this video is staggering.
I just clicked on it and... errrrrrr what is this? Lollllll.

Finished Ori and the Will of the Wisps. One of the smoothest platforming games in a long time and also one of the prettiest games out there. :love:

Sadly the metroidvania feeling of exploration and finding new skills and items were kinda lacking for me. It just felt more like separated areas with very samey structure in all of them. Still a great time. Recommended.
:cat-heart-blob:

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
This Engadget video feels like I'm watching one of those conspiracy theory videos Youtube likes to sneak into my Tiny House playlists.

So Valve is anti-consumer because they're pro... employee. That's what this feels like.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Yeah I dont know. I have noticed that I always seem to finish games faster than what for example HowLongToBeat says it takes.
There is fast and fast. You have achieved 100% completion in roughly 60% of the expected time. :cpc_lol:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Lol, according to analysis, the console version of RE3R is varying between 20-60 FPS.

Im getting 100-220 fps at 1080p everything maxed out except for image quality which is at 100% in the demo. Most of the time im at 155 fps.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.