Community MetaSteam | March 2020 - Rise and Shine, Ms. Vance, Until It Is Done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
It has been a crazy past few weeks, as I am sure everyone can relate. I have tomorrow off to take my Dad to the doctor for a procedure. I was hoping they would cancel it for his sake, since I am just leery of being anywhere near a hospital right now.

My copy of Animal Crossing was delayed, I think? Which I totally understand, needs over wants on any day of the week! I just thought it was both hilarious and strange that my wife ordered a book today, it shipped today, and will be delivered by Sunday. I order AC back in July 2018.

Since that was delayed, DOOM it is then :imp::dmcblob:

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Mornin' y'all~

Gomma freshen up then spend the rest of the day on doom eternal :heroblob:

Has a demo, do give it a play.

Also check your wishlists and gg.deals, various indies are at all time lows.

Last edited:
Reactions: derExperte and Kvik

crimsonheadGCN

MetaMember
Jan 20, 2019
Clifton, New Jersey
www.resetera.com

With a photographer in tow, we conducted more than 20 interviews with Valve staff in a bid to paint a picture of where the company stands in 2020. We tell the story of how Half-Life: Alyx was made, then look into the past, present, and future of everything else that defines this remarkable studio: from games such as Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, Dota Underlords, and Artifact – yes, it has a future – to its plans for Steam and its hardware business.
Yes, Artifact!

Reactions: lazerfox

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
Deiland freebie is up

Yes, Artifact!
Looks like it can be read here with library card (starting on monday I guess?)

(at least Finnish library cards).

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Damn, Doom on hard hurts. I think I will change to normal next time, it’s beginning to worsen the experience for me. Experience that is a weird let down plot wise. Doom doesn’t need a plot, but if you havvveeee to make one, can you make it decipherable ?
I just finished the 3rd (?) level and have just the tiniest idea what this shit is about. Wait no, I have no idea.
And this humongous pile of unlockables that unlock unlockables.

But the gameplay is good and that’s what matters. I’m not sure I won’t end up preferring the more barebone 2016 though.

I hope normal isn’t too easy.
Oh, and btw, fuck those spiders.

Reactions: LEANIJA

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Normal is doable
Spiders still annoying on Normal though, just chuck explosives at them.

Oh and the story of Doom is simple: Demons on Earth, Kill them all, also Doom Slayer's past if you're interested

Otherwise
RIP AND TEAR

Reactions: Li Kao and LEANIJA

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
All you who have switches over to Edge(the browser) and thus might be using Bing, look into the rewards thing, you can redeem xbox ultimate but it takes alot alot alot of points, but nontheless, free is free.:D (well except you give your search history)

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
California is now on lockdown, today was my last day at work and we may not go back to work until mid April at the earliest.

Time to file for unemployment.

Reactions: Arsene

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
I see that many already got the bundle so not sure if it was already mentioned, but this might be the cheapest way to get the Binding of Isac DLC. I've been meaning to get it but always been too expensive for my taste.

I posted in the deals thread :)

The question remains, should we have a separate thread for deals and giveaways due to the corona virus?

Reactions: Li Kao

fokkusu

Burn baby burn🔥🎵
Dec 9, 2018
Deiland freebie is up

Looks like it can be read here with library card (starting on monday I guess?)

(at least Finnish library cards).
I checked Kuopio and Tampere and it seems you need to be in library to use this. Unfortunately all libraries are most probably closed due to Corona :/

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
California is now on lockdown, today was my last day at work and we may not go back to work until mid April at the earliest.

Time to file for unemployment.
Is your last day at work related to the lockdown? Or is it that it was your anticipated end date anyway? I'm really if it's because of it :(.

OMEGALUL

Apr 15, 2019
I'm kinda disappointed Doom doesn't have higher launch numbers, considering the hype and most of the world under quarantine I expected at least 100K players,

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
I'm kinda disappointed Doom doesn't have higher launch numbers, considering the hype and most of the world under quarantine I expected at least 100K players,
Cuz almost everyone sells Bethesda keys. And those are way cheaper than Steam.

Reactions: lashman

kafiend

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Console gamers fighting over their PS5s and Xbox Series Xs over power and backwards compatibility and Im here like...snipgif
I'm just sticking the threads on ignore as I see them. Can't be doing with the inevitable negative shift to my mental health to be even looking at that bollocks.

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018

And yesterday Engadget told me Valve was anti-consumer. Im so confused.

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
I just realized Bethesda lowered Doom Eternal's price over here after launch.

My country is now officially fucked enough that even Bethesda is giving us decent pricing.

Reactions: TheTrain and xinek

OMEGALUL

Apr 15, 2019
I still don't understand Valve, why don't they make the game they spend probably millions on and the billions they spend on VR tech exclusive to their doohickey, why must Facebook, Microsoft and the other idiots benefit from Valves hard work?

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
I still don't understand Valve, why don't they make the game they spend probably millions on and the billions they spend on VR tech exclusive to their doohickey, why must Facebook, Microsoft and the other idiots benefit from Valves hard work?
Wider audience > greater sales of index through smaller audience

Reactions: PC-tan and lashman

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Shocked the DOOM ETERNAL download is only 40gbs, wasn't 2016 like a 100?
And here i was looking forward to getting major use out of my new high-end internet for the first time...
:h02pout:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018

And here i was looking forward to getting major use out of my new high-end internet for the first time...
Maybe the Beth launcher can't do a 100gb download. :p

Reactions: Arsene

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
They no longer use megatextures, means reason why id tech games were so big.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Valve doesn't really give a shit how many Indexes they sell.

Valve wants to make sure that Steam stays the premier distribution platform for PC games even when VR becomes increasingly popular, and for that reason they need to push SteamVR. Since HTC fell on their nose they needed to build their own hardware to have a solid foundation and proof-of-concept for that platform, but if people use other hardware that's A-OK with them. As long as it's on Steam.

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Banging my head against the wall for not getting RE3 on cdkeys a coupe of days ago when it was 32% off, now it's back to 26%.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Playing, or well, trying to play through the KH Collection on PS4 and KH1 (Final Mix) is making me annoyed. The jumping/platforming is super frustrating and the combat system is to jumpy, the whole games feels very floaty.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Is your last day at work related to the lockdown? Or is it that it was your anticipated end date anyway? I'm really if it's because of it :(.
It's because of the lockdown and because we are not an essential business.

I did call my employer since I'm employed through a temp agency and they told me that as of right now that I can still go to work as normal. I was told that there would be a meeting in the morning that was going to let everyone know that we are shutting down and it will be that way for maybe a month or so.

But I just went right now and there were people just doing their regular thing at work.

I guess what makes things even more confusing for me is how I was told a few days ago how some of us would have Friday off and some others would have Monday off. I have Monday off, so I'm not sure if some word got to some early on because of that and this way we won't come back on Monday when the place is closed type of thing.

I'm going to call my supervisor again later today and find out from him if they did have the meeting with everyone and what is happening.

We already had a meeting earlier this week and we were told that unless the state told us to shut down (so closing non essential businesses) we should have enough work to last us about 2 weeks or so.

Reactions: Swenhir
Status
Not open for further replies.