Community MetaSteam | March 2020 - Rise and Shine, Ms. Vance, Until It Is Done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Well, now that I'm done with Batman I'm gonna wait for Cold Steel 3, not enough time to tackle anything else except for some more side-stuff in FFXII. I'm pleased with the progress I made on my backlog in these 3 months, it was just a few games but games I've wanted to play for a long time.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Nvidia did provide those graphical features but you are being a bit economical with the facts there. If you mean RTX by that, I can't believe I'm making that point because I am not a console gamer and haven't been since the PS1, but yes, the 1080 had RTX - and the performance sucked. I don't think it's a fair point to make. Other features, I definitively agree.
I'm not sure what you mean by the 1080 here?
I'm talking about the RTX 20 series (with the flagship 2080ti). At the time of the console release (if not delayed) those will be almost exactly 2 years old.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding your point.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
I feel like the PS5 SSD tech worked as the perfect distraction from the how lacking the system is for getting full-fledged raytracing in games.
Gotta hand it to Sony. When they unveiled that info dump for the PS5 last year all they talked about was SSDs because they knew they were gonna lose the power battle. Gotta feed and prepare all the fanboys online to start fighting over shit they know nothing about ahead of time.

Quite the contrast compared to 2013 when people were going after each others throats because their favorite box was 25% more powerful than the other box. Now people talking about SSD speed? Wtf. The saddest thing of all is the load time comparisons both MS/Sony has showcased so far has been PS4/X1 titles like Spider Man and Gears 5. They aren't showing what kind of load times Spider Man 2 and Gears 6 will have. I mean yea playing old games with new SSD will blow away load times. If I play older Steam games today the load times on a lot of games are basically nonexistant (or barely an issue). Especially with SSD but no shit.

Its gonna be hilarious when multiplat games come out next year and the Series X will have a much easier time playing games at locked 30/60fps compared to PS5. You will probably see a higher res too on a bunch of games farther into the gen. Ray tracing too but I doubt either of the new consoles will be able to do anything special with it.

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
I really hope there will be a squeaky shoes mod for Nemesis in RE3.

Only way i was able to deal with Mr X.

For sure, people are already modding the RE3 demo, so you can most definitely expect mods like this and more.

Although I gotta say, Mr X never was scary to me...he was a nuisance, designed to annoy me. The fact that he's invincible and you have to be fast and precise in what you do, thats novel for a minute, but it wears off fast. And I got the exact same feeling from Nemesis in the RE3 demo, he's the only thing I didnt like in it. I am still very much looking forward to the game, mind you.

Reactions: Joe Spangle

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
I'm not sure what you mean by the 1080 here?
I'm talking about the RTX 20 series (with the flagship 2080ti). At the time of the console release (if not delayed) those will be almost exactly 2 years old.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding your point.
I got my wires crossed, I meant Nvidia's first raytracing cards which I believed were 1080s, but actually the 20 series and I need more coffee in my life.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
For sure, people are already modding the RE3 demo, so you can most definitely expect mods like this and more.

Although I gotta say, Mr X never was scary to me...he was a nuisance, designed to annoy me. The fact that he's invincible and you have to be fast and precise in what you do, thats novel for a minute, but it wears off fast. And I got the exact same feeling from Nemesis in the RE3 demo, he's the only thing I didnt like in it. I am still very much looking forward to the game, mind you.
I haven't played RE2, but The Coma also has a thing like that, where your enemy is appearing randomly and is unkillable and you can only run. It's pretty tense for a bit and then turns annoying fast when you just want to explore the dang area and get interuppted the entire time.

Reactions: LEANIJA

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
I've never seen Steam go this fast (on my end). Alyx really has the VIP treatment.

Last edited:
Reactions: Arsene

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Hooray, I just finished the story of RDR2. Woo.

Overall great game. Absolutely beautiful at times, decent enough story though it went on a bit too long for me. steam says i clocked in at 86 hours and my save file said id done about 85%. Felt like the last 15hrs i was just trying to get to the end of the story and had had my fill of mooching about in the world.

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
I feel like the PS5 SSD tech worked as the perfect distraction from the how lacking the system is for getting full-fledged raytracing in games.
Gotta hand it to Sony. When they unveiled that info dump for the PS5 last year all they talked about was SSDs because they knew they were gonna lose the power battle. Gotta feed and prepare all the fanboys online to start fighting over shit they know nothing about ahead of time.

Quite the contrast compared to 2013 when people were going after each others throats because their favorite box was 25% more powerful than the other box. Now people talking about SSD speed? Wtf. The saddest thing of all is the load time comparisons both MS/Sony has showcased so far has been PS4/X1 titles like Spider Man and Gears 5. They aren't showing what kind of load times Spider Man 2 and Gears 6 will have. I mean yea playing old games with new SSD will blow away load times. If I play older Steam games today the load times on a lot of games are basically nonexistant (or barely an issue). Especially with SSD but no shit.

Its gonna be hilarious when multiplat games come out next year and the Series X will have a much easier time playing games at locked 30/60fps compared to PS5. You will probably see a higher res too on a bunch of games farther into the gen. Ray tracing too but I doubt either of the new consoles will be able to do anything special with it.
If you check R and N forum, it's getting to the point where the default reply is "ANOTHER THREAD FOR SPECIAL SAUCE SSD?????" and to be honest it really look like a damage control.

skLaFarebear

MetaMember
Dec 4, 2019
PC port is a year late and is probably gonna be full priced (not including DLC) when the PS4 version has already gotten a free season pass as well as getting sales dropping as low as $20-30 iirc. Might as well take the EGS money and run now that anyone that's given a fuck has probably already moved on, especially with that game having one of the worst netcode's I've seen in a modern fighting game, like much worse than any arcsys game.

Reactions: lashman

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
It doesn't actually say exclusive anywhere with Samsho, not in the tweet, not in the post, not in the video. I mean it probably is, but hey.

skLaFarebear

MetaMember
Dec 4, 2019
It doesn't actually say exclusive anywhere with Samsho, not in the tweet, not in the post, not in the video. I mean it probably is, but hey.

"The PC version of Samurai Shodown will launch this spring via the Epic Games Store."

Press release would've mentioned Steam if it was actually going to be on Steam.

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
unpacking on my mechanical hdd is impossible. gonna delete and download it again.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
It's currently unpacking at ~150 MB/s on my SSD, so I guess it was good to preload in this case ;)

Should take 7 minutes.

Reactions: QFNS

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Little did I know when I bought my Rift in january 2019 that I would get to play the next Half-Life game.

I only bought the Rift because I loved PSVR (as in, loved VR), but hated the tracking, the controllers and the little VR library it has.

Last edited:
Reactions: C-Dub

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Hey Cold Steel 3 is out! HOW DO I BUY JUST THE GAME AND NOT ALL THE DAMN DLC?????

Status
Not open for further replies.