Community MetaSteam | March 2020 - Rise and Shine, Ms. Vance, Until It Is Done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018

From the guy that made Absolute Drift is his second game Art of Rally which is like a million times better because I sucked complete ass at absolute drift
I've been in the beta for like a million years for Art of Rally and it's pretty awesome but he has been making it look prettier and prettier now that the mechanics have sort of been nailed down

But hes put out a demo on his itch.io page so you guys should all check it out because it's awesome but definitely if you like drifting/racing/rally car stuff

Oh whoops forgot the steam page

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Ha so I guess that Valve is not really advertising HL:A the way that most devs do but HTC is since they want people to buy the Cosmo

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Reminds me of a chill/modern/indie version of World Rally Championship, my rally jam before Sega Rally. You played with a wheel even though it was iso 2D.

Last edited:
Reactions: Madventure

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019

Finally played through this. Really cute little platformer. It controls really well and and the soundtrack is fantastic. A lil bit on the easy side, and the hitboxes on enemies are awful, but I do heartily recommend this if you're looking something to satisfy that Mario 64 + Collect - A - Thon itch
Best indie 3D platform game yet imo. Such a great complete package with the hub/map and unlockables and everything. The bosses were the weakest aspect but they didn't last long. I recall reading they only added more Mario 64 moves like the dive late in development and it makes sense as you can use it to bypass chunks of challenges, but still it was fun to figure out how to abuse it. After that I liked Skylar & Plux, but that's PS2 style platforming instead. In that one I only dislike the models for the friendly race, everything else is top stuff, but it's a shorter less full feeling package than Poe. Both are better than A Hat in Time imo.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
So last week HL:A had a MC score of 92, it is now at 94
Looks like there is a lot more reviews for it this week. Almost double the amount.

Gerstmann from GB said Valve wanted to fly reviewers into Seattle to play through the game weeks ago but had to cancel it because of Corona. So they sent people headsets instead by mail. So a lot of people probably didn't review it in time for launch.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
I never finished my P5 playthrough, is there any reason for me to finish that playthrough instead of just starting a new on P5R asides from P5S?

Reactions: PC-tan

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
So last week HL:A had a MC score of 92, it is now at 94

P5R has a score of something like 94 and it may go down or by a point or it may go up and stay at 95 or something like that.

I didn't know that P5 had gotten a 93 score.

My CE already shipped and I should be getting it later this week I think (but I don't know when I will get around to playing it).

I never finished my P5 playthrough, is there any reason for me to finish that playthrough instead of just starting a new on P5R asides from P5S?
There's no reason to keep playing Vanilla P5, just start over with Royal.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
I just realized that I haven't finished any game so far this year. It's probably the first time in my life that I haven't finished any game by April.

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
It's at ~98.6 approval rating on Steam user reviews (~20k atm) too, I expected a lot more negatives due to VR haters (who haven't tried it).
They would have to buy the game first to write a negative review. I guess most VR haters can't be arsed to buy a game, write a review and then refund it just to shit on VR a bit.

Reactions: lashman

BlueOdin

Dec 3, 2018
Still €70 here. 😟

We should keep complaining about the price on the Steam forums. You never know...

Unless these guys suffocated or fell to death, that's very strange. I managed to complete every level without killing if I remember correctly.
Trust me, if the game says they are dead, then they are dead. It could also be that you simply caused their death indirectly much later, Dishonored 2 has insane levels of reactivity.
They fell on top of each other. I refuse to accept that this caused their death.

Deleted member 113

Operencia was one of my most wanted games for 2019, since I like the genre, and I even helped beta test the game.
Sadly, after the crap they pulled, I'm not touching it.

But, I have to say they sure have a lot of nerve for selling the game a year later at the exact same price as it costs on the EGS.
Even more so when the game was already available for next to nothing on that store (with a 50% discount, and a discount code that would have placed it at around 10% of the asking price).
They released a few extras as DLC (soundtrack, wallpapers, ...). If it was any other developer, they would have at least offered this content for free on Steam, as a way to entice people to buy a year old game for the current asking price. But no, it's an additional purchase, on top of the game's price.

I wish people wouldn't reward shitty practices.

lashman, you should have the same intolerance to shitty developers, and not buy their games on day one, like you have to anime games. :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019

I love mysterious worlds and this was right up my alley until I saw the Grimlrock-like combat. I love exploration and intriguing worlds but that kind of combat is really not my thing :(.

Edit : and, as it turns out, ex-EGS. Well that settles it.

operencia
Shame!

Last edited:

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Well, that's just the view. Grimrock is real time which matters as you move around while fighting and juggle the actions of 4 characters which I'm not a huge fan of myself. Other first person RPGs/dungeon cralwers like Wizardry have turn based systems and can have tactical aspects like party member formation even if it's not visible on screen. One could say even older Dragon Quest games (and XI's 2D mode) have first person view in their combat but the mechanics are rather similar to current iterations/other JRPGs still so also different to such games. Shin Megami Tensei games, Etrian Odyssey, Shining the Holy Ark, they all differ.

Last edited:
Reactions: PC-tan

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Tempting to get Operencia, liked the demo quite a lot and I like dungeon crawlers. I also don't boycott EGS timed exclusives, I just don't buy them on EGS.

Still, I have so much other stuff to play so I might wait until we are closer till the launch discount ends before I buy the game.

Deleted member 113

Let's see:
"won't get fooled again"

or

"the joke's on us"

or

"Raccoon City just got real"

or something much better, since staying locked up at home is clearly messing with my head and ideas. :giggle:

Reactions: lashman

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
Would've bought Operencia at 50% off after completing it thru Gamepass. Alas.... not even cards.

It's finally here
Is good? Finally? What's the story behind it? Never heard of that one. Or forgot.

Yeah, I'm sure he'll throw his CE in the trash as soon it arrives.
Resell for huge profit. Worked with the CE of P5non-R.

Last edited:
Reactions: sk2k and lashman
Status
Not open for further replies.