Community MetaSteam | March 2021 - The Home of Obscure Indie Gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
Is there a way to see if a game is regionally activation blocked ? I accidentally clicked on create gift link and don't remember if humble lets you know this way.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
He also made ultima & ultima online which is way cooler
He is also known for being one of the bosses of a company to be killed by a player in their own game. If i remember correctly he was addressing people in Ultima Online and someone in the crowd killed him.

It was during the Beta and he'd forgotten to turn on his "invulnerability" flag.
Lord British - UOGuide - Check the Trivia section.

According to this Rainz was not banned for killing Lord British he was banned for using an exploit he found and didn't report it until he'd killed lots of other players who had no way to defend themselves against him. He was only banned from the Beta too according to Origin.
Rainz and Origin's response - Everything2

edit: PC-tan That's what i've read too. DnD had had an official translation in Japan and was getting popular, ( apparently Record of Lodoss War is a retelling of a group of Japanese devs DnD sessions, i did not know that ), then the wizardry game was released and Japan went mad for it and it influenced the games at the base of the JRPG genre, DQ & FF.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pommes and Swenhir

Blu

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
With Control only being the standard, I'm only really interested in Elex. Probably a pause for me.

Reactions: lashman
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Spike Chunsoft dropped regional pricing for Argentina and Russia for most, if not all of their catalog on Steam

Bohemia also dropped regional pricing for ARMA 3 and DayZ in some SA countries today.
because OF COURSE they did

siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh

Pogi

illiterate
Jun 25, 2019
My region is not greatly affected by these regional pricing shenanigans but this will definitely affect all of us with the DRMs and shit. Gratuitous pricing leads back to piracy then the only fix the publishers can think of is to slap some DRM and whine "look what you made me do!"

didamangi

Who do you think you are? I am!
Nov 16, 2018
Jakarta, Indonesia
steamcommunity.com
Reactions: Tomasety

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Strong disagreement.
Just a heads-up, based on the trades that I see, it seems like Elex is indeed the highlight of the bundle, on par with Control (standard), and possibly higher up. Also, Kingdom is indeed one of the indie highlight.

In the end, the ranking value-wise would look like this imo:

Headliners: ~ 2.50€
  1. ELEX
  2. Control (standard edition)
High tier: ~ 1.80€
  1. XCOM: Chimera Squad
Medium tier: ~ 0.80€
  1. Kingdom Two Crowns
  2. WWE 2K Battlegrounds
  3. Wildfire
Low tier: ~ 0.40€
  1. Hotshot Racing
  2. Ageless
Fodder: ~ 0.10€
  1. Boreal Blade
  2. Cyber Hook
  3. Peaky Blinders: Mastermind
  4. Pesterquest

Last edited:
  • Eyes
Reactions: sk2k and Tomasety

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
I did not mean that it is a bad game. The genre is very niche (3D parkour with a grappling hook), so there is a lot of supply as it is fodder for most subscribers.

In contrast, the chance that a subscriber does not keep ELEX or Control for himself is extremely low. Some people may even buy the bundle solely for these: $12 for ELEX, Control and some other games is a great deal in itself.

As far as I am concerned, I will try Cyber Hook... and will most likely feel nauseated, as it happened with Youropa. These are interesting game concepts, which are not super accessible.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
So far Maquette is really really good.

Well, let's say that if you know what to do (and trust me, some things are hidden as hell) you will be able to discover some others way before you should, story so far is heartwarming (classic Annapurna) and both mechanically and visually the game is really original and surprising.

kafiend

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Sometimes I look at the contents of bundles and subscriptions and wonder why I bother buying games at all. Then I remember I don't like relying on what "might" be in bundles or subs and all is well again.
That said, poor Humble Choice for me and a pause...again. My yearly sub has lasted aaaaaages.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I received my Xbox controller some days ago and still have to try it. Because I'm generally dumb and also because I'm trying to finish Wasteland 2, which I play with M&K anyway.
But just to be safe, is there a setup reccommendation these days ? I only ask because I'm pretty certain there were times when windows update didn't play well with it, like not giving the good driver or some shit.

Reactions: lashman

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
I received my Xbox controller some days ago and still have to try it. Because I'm generally dumb and also because I'm trying to finish Wasteland 2, which I play with M&K anyway.
But just to be safe, is there a setup reccommendation these days ? I only ask because I'm pretty certain there were times when windows update didn't play well with it, like not giving the good driver or some shit.
It should be just plug and play right? Unless you are using something like Windows 3.11

Reactions: Li Kao

BO7AMMOOD

Lucas isn't sure what to do anymore
Apr 18, 2019
Just use the Xbox Accessories app from the the windows store to update the controller's firmware and you're good to go!

Reactions: Li Kao

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
It should be just plug and play right? Unless you are using something like Windows 3.11
Uh, I'm sure it's not a problem these days but as I said, I vaguely remember Windows 10 being... well, Windows 10.

• Eyes
Reactions: Le Pertti

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Yeah, MS took like a year to fix a driver issue that made xbone controllers broken in a bunch of unity games and ff13 and such at win10 launch.

No such issues nowadays. Just update the firmware like was said and enable the extended support for it in steam (beta?) if you want to use the share button (if it is a series x controller).

On steam the default gamepad template also already has the screenshot button automapped to the share button.:blobmorning2:

Reactions: PC-tan and Li Kao

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Hmm, I wonder if Bloodstained will be part of Choice soon. It's leaving Game Pass this month, and I coulddddd play it quick before that, but IMHO I have far more interesting games on my soon to be plate. I mean, I still have the whole Yakuza franchise, Ryza, Alan Wake (replay + dlc), Control and Death Stranding on it.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Hmm, I wonder if Bloodstained will be part of Choice soon. It's leaving Game Pass this month, and I coulddddd play it quick before that
Does the game feature DLC content? If yes, expect an appearance in a humble choice bundle. Otherwise, you should be able to have a few months of relief.

Edit: I would expect this to happen when the next purchasable DLC is released, which would probably be the "special crossover content".

Last edited:

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
Does the game feature DLC content? If yes, expect an appearance in a humble choice bundle. Otherwise, you should be able to have a few months of relief.
Thr only paid DLC is the Iga fight I believe

Reactions: QFNS

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
So I can add my Taiwan card with US address on my US paypal and stop getting cockblocked by humble? Would I keep Classic (or w/e plan before they went from hidden to see everything choice)?

Readher

Resident Cynic
Jun 23, 2020
Poland

On unrelated note, the design for FeMC in Caligula 2 is really good.

Hopefully the PC release won't be too long after consoles.

• Comfy
Reactions: Kvik and Pommes

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
I wasn't even aware they were doing 9 Empires. Pretty surprising considering how shite 9 was, I'd expect Omega Force to want to move the fuck on to 10.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Hopefully the PC release won't be too long after consoles.
I guess it will take half-a-year or a full year, or perhaps a random day, NISA is a bit unpredictable when it comes to PC, we didn't get Void, for example :(

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
On unrelated note, the design for FeMC in Caligula 2 is really good.
I didn't see your spoiler, I thought you were talking about the sorta-priestess on the screenshots and was all well, this is a creepy MC :anguished-face:
By the way, wasn't Caligula this Vita RPG were you had to designate a randomly generated traitor or something ?

edit - Ah, I see it was 'Lost Dimension'.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Is there a way to see if a game is regionally activation blocked ? I accidentally clicked on create gift link and don't remember if humble lets you know this way.
Check its steamdb page. There is a section that tells if keys are region locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.