Community MetaSteam | March 2021 - The Home of Obscure Indie Gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
I believe that what matters is that you always have a payment method saved on your Humble account. So, if you want to switch methods, make sure that you add the new method before removing the old method.
Also I would not get region locked anymore right?

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Valheim has 136k reviews.

You know what that means.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com

Just launched

Reactions: lashman

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
I guess it will take half-a-year or a full year, or perhaps a random day, NISA is a bit unpredictable when it comes to PC, we didn't get Void, for example :(
Not really that unpredictable. Outside of Disgaea we dont get NIS Japan titles anymore. (Which stinks) but most of NISA’s stuff by other devs do come.

• Sad
Reactions: ExistentialThought

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
It would be nice if there was a Steam web extension that would mark games from that large Racial Justice Itch.io bundle. I'm looking over some of these quick reviews, and I definitely missed quite a few gems.
If you have a look over on Era i know that Toma has been playing through the whole bundle and posting thoughts and reviews of each game they've played from the bundle which is handy.

Reactions: ExistentialThought

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
Resident Evil Village PC footage here at 9.51 minutes.

Ray-traced reflections don't look particularly striking here.

No DLSS either since it's an AMD sponsored title.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018

So much looking forward to REVillage. RE has become one of my favorite game series.

Reactions: LEANIJA

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
Village should be included with AMD GPUs close to release, might be worth waiting if upgrading GPU for that (as if you can find any lol)

• This!
Reactions: Mor and Tomasety

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
Not really that unpredictable. Outside of Disgaea we dont get NIS Japan titles anymore. (Which stinks) but most of NISA’s stuff by other devs do come.
:disappointed-face: It is too true...
I just want Fuuraiki 4, it looks cozy. :steam_pigblanket:

I do hope when D6 comes, the Hololive DLC is available.

• Comfy
Reactions: Kvik

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
ITLIVES!!!

Should we be weary that it will suffer like SS4?

Hmm, wait for a 6800 or go with the 6700XT when either are available at decent/close to MSRP prices....

Last edited:

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
Wait a minute, is it an AMD powered raytracing tech? (VIllage)
It's a game where ray tracing has been implemented for AMD yes, but it will run on Nvidia GPUs. There is nothing proprietary I would imagine.
How well optimized it will be for Nvidia remains to be seen but in itself ray tracing is not exclusive to either.

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
AMD GPUs have much less RTX power than Nvidia. If it works on AMD, it should work on Nvidia unless someone intentionally breaks or hits some obscure bugs or bottlenecks.

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
AMD GPUs have much less RTX power than Nvidia. If it works on AMD, it should work on Nvidia unless someone intentionally breaks or hits some obscure bugs or bottlenecks.
Pretty much. AMD will need RDNA 3 to catch up to Ampere's RT performance and by then chances are the RTX 4000 cards will be out.

Reactions: Tomasety

thistestnow

*doom noises*
Feb 16, 2021
So much looking forward to REVillage. RE has become one of my favorite game series.
I recently binged them having never played before. Grabbed them all on Sale.

RE2 Remake and Re7 were some of the best games I've played.
I actually kinda found RE5 fun to Co-op with a friend even though the series kinda went sideways with re5 and 6

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
I just noticed Cory Barlog (Santa Monica) has liked just about every tweets about Days Gone coming to PC, same for Horizon if I recall correctly.

I really should not read anything into it but....

Reactions: LEANIJA and QFNS

thistestnow

*doom noises*
Feb 16, 2021
I just noticed Cory Barlog (Santa Monica) has liked just about every tweets about Days Gone coming to PC, same for Horizon if I recall correctly.

The game that always made the most sense to come to PC has been GoW

Developer stated in the past he wants to but not his decision
Fans want it
Sequel coming out (similar to Horizon) bring people into the PS5.

I'm actually pretty surprised Days Gone was announced before it.

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
The game that always made the most sense to come to PC has been GoW

Developer stated in the past he wants to but not his decision
Fans want it
Sequel coming out (similar to Horizon) bring people into the PS5.

I'm actually pretty surprised Days Gone was announced before it.
Yeah he did say he'd love God of War to be on PC a while back, with Sony's new stance it would make a lot of sense.
Plus we have a certain someone confident it will be among the slate of SIE titles hitting PC this year.

I'd pre-order the game on Steam so violently my fingers will break.

• Eyes

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018

The Nacon-frogwares war continues.
I thought while Nacon technically still has the rights to publish a Steam version while the court battle is going on, there is another court order that says Frogwares do not have to provide Nacon with a version to publish.
Also, irregardless of that, Nacon does not have the rights to the DLC (which were included in their hacked Steam upload), so it's potentially copyright infringement anyway even if their initial contract still holds (which is still going through court and I think Nacon already last 2 appeals or something?).
I don't know what they were planning to do here, they're definitely acting like a bad actor here. Don't think the courts will like that.

HoegLaw made a video about it, very insightful as usual:

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018

IIRC (and I could be wrong, if so, I'm sorry in advance) Cory has been really open when saying he would love to see his game and some others on additional platforms (in the case of GoW, PC) and, to be honest, he's such a heartwarming fella that I have no doubt that if it was for him, GoW would have been on PC and probably elsewhere a long time ago.

Cory is really such a lovely person, I do really appreciate wholesome people and he really is.

I'd pre-order the game on Steam so violently my fingers will break.
No need, be gentle, result would be the same :cat-heart-blob:

Reactions: Shahem

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Cory is really such a lovely person, I do really appreciate wholesome people and he really is.
I'm not sure how to phrase this without coming across as a debbie downer, and neither of us knows him personally so those are words in the wind as far as I'm concerned, but what I saw of him through various documentaries didn't exactly paint him as a gentle and kind person. It was more on the abuser side pitting his teams against each other and saying rather harsh stuff to them ("We had to say no to someone to pick him").

Either way, he's not his work and GoW is the product of hundreds of others, and I look forward to it.

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
I thought while Nacon technically still has the rights to publish a Steam version while the court battle is going on, there is another court order that says Frogwares do not have to provide Nacon with a version to publish.
Also, irregardless of that, Nacon does not have the rights to the DLC (which were included in their hacked Steam upload), so it's potentially copyright infringement anyway even if their initial contract still holds (which is still going through court and I think Nacon already last 2 appeals or something?).
I don't know what they were planning to do here, they're definitely acting like a bad actor here. Don't think the courts will like that.

HoegLaw made a video about it, very insightful as usual:
I don't know french but:

• Eyes
Reactions: Li Kao and Tomasety

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
I'm not sure how to phrase this without coming across as a debbie downer, and neither of us knows him personally so those are words in the wind as far as I'm concerned, but what I saw of him through various documentaries didn't exactly paint him as a gentle and kind person. It was more on the abuser side pitting his teams against each other and saying rather harsh stuff to them ("We had to say no to someone to pick him").

Either way, he's not his work and GoW is the product of hundreds of others, and I look forward to it.
oh noes :crying-face:

Why do I always mess up things like this

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
oh noes :crying-face:

Why do I always mess up things like this
Why do you say you messed up anything? It's just my perception based on what I've seen, and you probably have seen less or other footage, including perhaps his reaction to the game's reviews. Your view is understandable, I just offered mine :).

• Hug
Reactions: Li Kao and Mor

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
I discovered today that the devs of Van Helsing also released a stand-alone tower defense game:

Anyone played this? I really enjoyed the TD levels in Van Helsing.

Reactions: MegaApple
Status
Not open for further replies.