Community MetaSteam | March 2022 - Try Finger But Hole

Status
Not open for further replies.

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
Fucking ooooof :Kain_baldricwaiting:
I'm real worried for the Russian people and the stability of the world with regards to the economics of this. Russia will probably always have China for some resources, both as a channel for international goods and open trade, but it seems like suddenly Russia is more isolated than any place other than maybe North Korea. Even during WW1 and WW2, there was still a lot of trade between all countries (although infrequently between axis and allied, but even then...)

I guess I'm thinking more the current momentum, but maybe that won't last. There's still oil trade and other nonsense going on.

I'm still in the camp that Ukraine deserves the sympathy, but the Russian people also didn't ask for this. It's absurd to blame anyone or any power other than Putin, personally. He needs to go.

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020
Fucking ooooof :Kain_baldricwaiting:
Considering the circumstances and the fact that it seems that Russia is preparing for a postwar scenario in which will have to be self sufficient, would be too crazy to think of a possible Steam RU realm? I mean something similar to Steam China.

I'm talking without knowledge on the matter so forgive me if my idea sounds too crazy to be real.

Sobatronix

MetaMember
Mar 9, 2021
What's crazy too is the percentage of people beating bosses. When I see my trophies, I'm very impressed. It seems like there's always a large percentage of people who buy a game and then don't play it (go figure). This one is just too compelling, I guess.
Totally, last time I checked almost 60% of the player base has defeated Margit. See guys? From Soft games are not about difficulty, they're about the friends we made along the way lol.
It brings me so much joy how historically well Elden Ring is doing on Steam, hopefully, it'll hit 1 million ccu by the end of the day :steam_pigblanket:

KainXVIII

DOS forever!
Dec 19, 2018
Considering the circumstances and the fact that it seems that Russia is preparing for a postwar scenario in which will have to be self sufficient, would be too crazy to think of a possible Steam RU realm? I mean something similar to Steam China.

I'm talking without knowledge on the matter so forgive me if my idea sounds too crazy to be real.
I don't even want to think about this :disappointed-but-relieved-face:

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019

Unless the US goes balls deep with an embargo (i.e. forbidding American companies to do business with them), I don't think so.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Elden Ring just hit 918k CCU and passed New World to be the sixth largest game of all time on Steam.
Just yesterday I was looking at the player number chart with a friend and talking about how remarkable it was that it seemed to be trending flat or even up, given that ER is still primarily a SP/campaign game. I actually speculated that it might beat its launch WE peak this WE.

Does anyone know if this happened for any other game in a similar situation (that is, primarily SP/campaign, not a service game, and not some sort of relaunch)?

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019
That would be a shame if true.

I'm still in a holding pattern, waiting to see if any PC optimization bears fruit.

Reactions: QFNS

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
I don't know if I had to but I got 2 client updates yesterday during the day so it's possible they had some critical issue affecting it

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Really digging Scarlet Nexus.

Chucking vehicles at enemies with style sure is fun

In general the combat system seems pretty solid. I've only seen the very basics so far though, but it feels and looks good.
I'm also digging the mix of regular cutscenes and semi-animated comic-style cutscenes. It looks very stylish.
I also super appreciate the ability to bring up photo-mode whenever you want, even in cutscenes.
The music's good too!

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
For what its worth Elden Ring seems to be getting smoother frame rates the more i play it. Had mad stuttering in the first few days but its not really that noticeable now. I do have a beefy system though. Possibly its just me getting used to it but i usually find choppy frame rates gives me a bad headache and have to quit and haven't felt that over the last few days playing.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018

Not a fan of apps running on steam to make other things work but if it's what's needed to keep the development of this, so be it.
Having customisable haptics sounds pretty good, but it feels like a non-feature unless Sony makes it somehow possible to enable their support wirelessly on PC.

• Eyes

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020
Really digging Scarlet Nexus.

Chucking vehicles at enemies with style sure is fun

In general the combat system seems pretty solid. I've only seen the very basics so far though, but it feels and looks good.
I'm also digging the mix of regular cutscenes and semi-animated comic-style cutscenes. It looks very stylish.
I also super appreciate the ability to bring up photo-mode whenever you want, even in cutscenes.
The music's good too!
I wish it had better level design and more enemy variety, but the combat is really, really fun and kept me playing through to the end of Yuito’s campaign. may have said this a couple threads ago, but I feel like it ironically does “PlatinumGames ARPG” better than NieR Automata did

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever

Not a fan of apps running on steam to make other things work but if it's what's needed to keep the development of this, so be it.
well this is interesting and I'll wishlist it since I do have a DS5 but honestly? I wish Sony would release official drivers. I mean now that they are a major publisher on PC and their games have DS5-specific features... it'd be nice...
===========

Edit: Also, Nvidia still hasn't commented on the hack and whether Driver/Software was compromised have they?

Last edited:

actual_norwegian_guy

Rebranded...
Apr 15, 2021
well this is interesting and I'll wishlist it since I do have a DS5 but honestly? I wish Sony would release official drivers. I mean now that they are a major publisher on PC and their games have DS5-specific features... it'd be nice...
===========

Edit: Also, Nvidia still hasn't commented on the hack and whether Driver/Software was compromised have they?
it's kinda a best of two worlds kinda situation

you can either wait for sony to release official drivers for it on ps5 games, not supporting other games you have on your steam library,
or you can use this app which lets you customize your dualsense for every steam game, but it's third-party

• Eyes

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Agony Unrated as a dlc is available, free for all Agony owners

It kinda sucks since you have to download both versions in order to play the Unrated version. It 25gb

• Eyes

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Mor I must apologise, I've made a mistake on the monthly challenge.

I haven't beaten Godrick at all, Its Margit I beat. I got to Godrick yesterday, yeah, no way im beating him anytime soon.

I fall on my Falchion at your knees for forgiveness.

OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Mor I must apologise, I've made a mistake on the monthly challenge.

I haven't beaten Godrick at all, Its Margit I beat. I got to Godrick yesterday, yeah, no way im beating him anytime soon.

I fall on my Falchion at your knees for forgiveness.
Sir, no worries, I will just remove you and nothing happened :)
「Echo」 I fixed your name, now it is displayed as it should :)

Last edited:

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
It wouldn't surprise me, it's an old concept but i think the site is new or rebranded to ride the "blah-dl" puzzle game craze.

• Toucan
Reactions: LEANIJA

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018

NOTHING good comes from console versions. (Because Australia gave Rimworld Console version an RC (refuse certification) it also blocked the Steam version retrospectively.

Deleted member 113

As probably the only guy in here who, for some insane reason, ended up buying Babylon's Fall, allow me to say the game is... actually quite fun.

After not having followed the development of the game, and having no interest in "live service" games at all, I did one of those weird purchases that you have some trouble justifying.
It's funny how that worked. I caught some random article on Guild Wars 2 (because of an Alienware weekly campaign of sorts), and as someone who actually played quite a bit of the first Guild Wars (the only MMORPG I ever played), I thought to myself "one of these days, I need to play an online, live service, game again". I then went to GMG to pre-order another game, and they had a temporary XP gold members deal that was ending in less than 1h for Babylon's Fall, where the Deluxe Edition was 30€+ less than on Steam, and despite not having a big interest up until then in the game, and knowing fully well the game would tank, since previews were mediocre, I ended up pre-ordering it. It also helped I earned 100€+ in a small sports bet that day, and I had reserved those funds to buy "crap". :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Anyway, despite the game sometimes feeling like it lacks a bit of polish (especially in terms of graphics), the game so far has been quite enjoyable.
It has that usual loop that I see in other games: town, go on missions, town again, go on missions, and so on. You log-in, and appear in an online town, where there's other online players there with you. Besides having the usual NPCs (to buy stuff, repair/enhance stuff, and so on), you can go in story/SP quests, or you can gather a party of friends, or use the "quick play" option to play with some random players.
You keep getting loot after you finish a mission, so it has that usual action RPG factor of wanting to constantly improve your character, by getting better loot (and additional cosmetics).

As for gameplay, my character feels a lot like.... NieR: Automata. There are various types, but mine is fast/agile, and I'm currently using melee swords (plus a few special powers related to an item you have on your back), and a fast bow.
Actually, the armour and look of my character, and several others NPCs, all remind me of NieR: Automata. If you told me this was an online spin-off, I would believe you.

On top of that, the game has seasons, and battle passes, like most games of the genre seem to have these days. The battle pass has free rewards for everyone, and premium rewards, for which you need to have the premium battle pass. All users who bought the game have the first premium battle pass for free. In order to progress and unlock these cosmetics, you have a selection of daily missions, weekly missions, and season missions, to incentivise people to play the game regularly.

Of the upcoming updates/content, a NieR:Automata crossover event was already announced. Judging from what I played so far, it's the least surprising crossover in ages, since like I mentioned above, the game seems to take several mechanics from NieR:Automata already.

So, would I recommend people to drop 70€ on it? Not really. I, myself, dropped less than that for a pre-order of the Deluxe Edition.
They really should have priced it lower, like 30-35€ for the regular edition, and 40-45€ for the Deluxe Edition, to entice a bigger number of players.
But, I've seen plenty of negative coverage on the game, frequently from people who didn't play it, and I personally don't find it to be worthy of that either.

EDIT:
Here's a couple of screenshots from my character ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
As probably the only guy in here who, for some insane reason, ended up buying Babylon's Fall, allow me to say the game is... actually quite fun.

After not having followed the development of the game, and having no interest in "live service" games at all, I did one of those weird purchases that you have some trouble justifying.
It's funny how that worked. I caught some random article on Guild Wars 2 (because of an Alienware weekly campaign of sorts), and as someone who actually played quite a bit of the first Guild Wars (the only MMORPG I ever played), I thought to myself "one of these days, I need to play an online, live service, game again". I then went to GMG to pre-order another game, and they had a temporary XP gold members deal that was ending in less than 1h for Babylon's Fall, where the Deluxe Edition was 30€+ less than on Steam, and despite not having a big interest up until then in the game, and knowing fully well the game would tank, since previews were mediocre, I ended up pre-ordering it. It also helped I earned 100€+ in a small sports bet that day, and I had reserved those funds to buy "crap". :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Anyway, despite the game sometimes feeling like it lacks a bit of polish (especially in terms of graphics), the game so far has been quite enjoyable.
It has that usual loop that I see in other games: town, go on missions, town again, go on missions, and so on. You log-in, and appear in an online town, where there's other online players there with you. Besides having the usual NPCs (to buy stuff, repair/enhance stuff, and so on), you can go in story/SP quests, or you can gather a party of friends, or use the "quick play" option to play with some random players.
You keep getting loot after you finish a mission, so it has that usual action RPG factor of wanting to constantly improve your character, by getting better loot (and additional cosmetics).

As for gameplay, my character feels a lot like.... NieR: Automata. There are various types, but mine is fast/agile, and I'm currently using melee swords (plus a few special powers related to an item you have on your back), and a fast bow.
Actually, the armour and look of my character, and several others NPCs, all remind me of NieR: Automata. If you told me this was an online spin-off, I would believe you.

On top of that, the game has seasons, and battle passes, like most games of the genre seem to have these days. The battle pass has free rewards for everyone, and premium rewards, for which you need to have the premium battle pass. All users who bought the game have the first premium battle pass for free. In order to progress and unlock these cosmetics, you have a selection of daily missions, weekly missions, and season missions, to incentivise people to play the game regularly.

Of the upcoming updates/content, a NieR:Automata crossover event was already announced. Judging from what I played so far, it's the least surprising crossover in ages, since like I mentioned above, the game seems to take several mechanics from NieR:Automata already.

So, would I recommend people to drop 70€ on it? Not really. I, myself, dropped less than that for a pre-order of the Deluxe Edition.
They really should have priced it lower, like 30-35€ for the regular edition, and 40-45€ for the Deluxe Edition, to entice a bigger number of players.
But, I've seen plenty of negative coverage on the game, frequently from people who didn't play it, and I personally don't find it to be worthy of that either.

EDIT:
Here's a couple of screenshots from my character ;)

I don't think the game is terrible, but they just missed the intended target (as usual for SE one could say).
This is very much the kind of popular GaaS with action combat that work well - if for a time at least - but they went with AAA price instead of F2P. Look at Lost Ark, mechanically the game is just terrible, but the combat is enough to get players going... Babylon's Fall could have been in a similar spot (and people would be much more lenient about technical shortcomings, limited content and monetization).

However, I don't think for a second that selling the game for cheaper would have done anything.
Now you're either AAA and you justify your price, or you're free.
The time of cheap indies is more than done, let alone for barely A tier Japanese games...

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Days Gone has interesting characters and stories but they really went overboard with number of missions. They really could have cut like half of them without losing anything, and then focus on other half to make them more creative.

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
I wish it had better level design and more enemy variety, but the combat is really, really fun and kept me playing through to the end of Yuito’s campaign. may have said this a couple threads ago, but I feel like it ironically does “PlatinumGames ARPG” better than NieR Automata did
I started with Kasane at first but after reading up things a bit I've restarted with Yuito (I really, really wasn't far anyway). Seems like his story-line serves better for the introduction.

I've had some boss-fights now and unlocked some more abilities and I have to agree, combat is hella fun. Like, shockingly so.
I went in expecting decent anime-action but my expectations have been wildly surpassed.
The alternating between melee-attacking (well, with Kasane it was more mid-range) and chucking environmental objects to stagger enemies to crush them with a stylish special move makes for a great rhythm.
Then things are spiced up with a satisfying perfect dodge + counter mechanic, ally skills and special environmental objects that sometimes have quick-time events, or trigger cutscenes in boss battles. Or are just fun, like roadkilling enemies with trains.

And it all looks super stylish visually.

Last edited:

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Sorry for the tangent, but did they auto-watermark all screenshots taken with F12 ? :flare_think:
The watermark gets displayed when you pause the game via photo-mode. If you take screenshots outside photo-mode there's no watermark but well you have the whole HUD instead.

• Comfy
  • Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Kvik

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
I think I'm gonna take my sweet long time with Elden Ring. While the exploration is great, Dark Souls has permanently damaged me because I think large chunks of progress will be undone because I missed something and now big thing appeared out of nowhere and now I'm dead.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com

Update out of nowhere.
I should probably play this one of these days.

Since I also like to be horny on the main.

Impressive that they ported to Game Maker Studio 2. I assume it was made in GMS 1 since the game was released before GMS 2 was released.
I guess they had to port it to GMS2 to make the Switch release happen

The game is really a fun platform game. I really liked it when I played it some years ago

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
This might be stupid, but yesterday I decided to to finish off a few others games (mainly Outriders, Ascent and Maneater, had them installed for a while) before continuing with ER. I finished off Godrick yesterday and the game suddenly really opened up, showing how big the world is. I love ER and wanna take my time with it and not rush it or anything, so I decided to finish the games I mentioned so there's nothing that can me me rush ER.

I tend to "rush" games when there's other games I also really wanna finish off, but I don't wanna do that with ER.

There are no big blockbuster games on the horizon currently. Decided to wait for GT7 to later.

Simply put, I wanna really take my time with ER, not having other games in my mind when I play it.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Steam Deck UI on desktop PC
I actually tried this when it first appeared on Reddit (despite me saying I wouldn't, I have little self-control) as I'm really into 10ft UIs. Right now I have Playnite as my desktop launcher but I am really keen on getting a UI that is a bit more functional compared to Playnite, which is good but only really at launching games.

While the method to get into the Steam Deck UI actually works, it's far from being useful right now.

For starters, in the 20-30 minutes I played around with it, I couldn't find a way to get it to start in fullscreen, meaning I needed to get the keyboard out and press Alt + Enter when it loaded. This is far from ideal for a 10ft UI where you may be using a controller at first boot.

Secondly, it didn't really launch games properly. The main issue is that it retains focus when the game launches, and also forces certain games (like P4G) to launch in windowed mode, meaning I have to first Alt + Tab to the game and then press Alt + Enter to make it go full screen.

In short, it's clearly not ready for use on Windows at the very least.

But it's a great UI and otherwise works very well. It's very smooth, feels modern compared to Steam BPM and has a lot of very useful QOL features that were never implemented in BPM, like being able to pick where games are installed, manage storage devices from a Steam perspective and so on.

It is basically 95% of the desktop client functionality, just with a controller UI.

I can see a point in the future where this new Steam Deck UI, more catered for a general purpose HTPCs on Windows rather than the Steam Deck, will become my daily driver. Combined with set it and forget it software like Steam ROM Manager (for adding ROMs, GOG Galaxy and EGS games to the Steam client as non-Steam games) and UWP Hook or GloSC (for Game Pass games), with OSOL for the edge cases, and you can pretty much launch any game from any library via an excellent Steam 10ft UI that has your friends list, the Steam Store, and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.