Community MetaSteam | March 2022 - Try Finger But Hole

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Scarlet Nexus Ultimate upgrade pack 60% off with subscriber discount
I've looked over things and I think all the worthwhile stuff is in the season pass with is half the price:
(7,99€ with the Choice discount)

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
I didn't like the first one too much, so frankly they can keep it.

Genuinely felt stressed playing it. Having one job is hard enough already.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
FInished The Gunk last night. Solid and very pretty little 3D platformer, though it's no SteamWorld Dig 2; as others have said, it doesn't really iterate or expand on the core mechanics very much beyond what it introduces in the first hour. I still had a good time playing it, but I do hope that SteamWorld Headhunter, Image & Form's second 3D game, does more with its design.
It's strange, not only does the game not add any new gameplay mechanics, it stalls so hard evolving that most of the upgrades are completely useless. For example there are literally two types of normal enemies in the whole game (plus that plant shooting at you) and it's impossible to die fighting them as long as you don't doze off, so why even add energy and weapon upgrades? It's like they fired everyone but the level designers halfway through, the game isn't unfinished in the usual, buggy sense but it definitely feels like stuff is missing. Also doesn't have the charm of SteamWorld, I didn't like the characters and the story couldn't have been told in a blander way.

MomoVideo

ķ͕͕̍̅͋ḭ̼͂̕lļ͓̞̙̀͗͆̊ ͉͛m͕̲̮̆̒̐̍͢e ͠
Apr 5, 2021
  • Eyes

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
It kinda reminds me of FF XV in terms of its look and combat. There is some jank in character animations and those spells don't look too impressive considering that it's the main pillar of the game.
I can see the jank here too but that part does not bother me really. What I find odd is how unpolished and weirdly low budget this looks.
I'm not very optimistic.

• Eyes

STHX

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2021
I'm honestly impressed by how bad some of these new SE games look graphically. I get they're cross gen but come on, the PS4 can look better than this

• Eyes

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Man, I hope that JoJo fighting game comes to PC this time...

Also, when I saw Returnal I actually got my hopes up they were announcing the port. 🤡

• Eyes

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020
It's strange, not only does the game not add any new gameplay mechanics, it stalls so hard evolving that most of the upgrades are completely useless. For example there are literally two types of normal enemies in the whole game (plus that plant shooting at you) and it's impossible to die fighting them as long as you don't doze off, so why even add energy and weapon upgrades? It's like they fired everyone but the level designers halfway through, the game isn't unfinished in the usual, buggy sense but it definitely feels like stuff is missing.
while I obviously don't know the game's full development history, I suspect that the fact that it was Image & Form's first 3D game led them to err too far on the side of conservatism in its design. hopefully they're now more confident in making 3D games and that carries forward into Headhunter

• Eyes

--------

bye
Sep 20, 2018

New bundle. $5€ minimum tho. I think that's a first.
That´s a pretty great bundle even just for AMS2, AC, and NASCAR. Difficult to keep myself from spending money on that.... :sweaty-blob:

Valdien

✵ Chaos! ✵
Mar 26, 2020
Toronto
People keep bringing this up but there's no way that was even a factor. They're just really high profile games and they use Unreal Engine so no doubt Epic were aware they were coming to PC early enough to pounce on them.
Stranger of Paradise isn't Unreal and Nomura is involved in it.

Yeah, it might seem far-fetched that "Nomura" is the reason why these have all been EGS exclusive, but so far it continues to be proven true, so... :shrugblob:

Maybe Epic bought an exclusivity bundle from SE that was put together by Nomura. :toucan:

Status
Not open for further replies.