Community MetaSteam | March 2022 - Try Finger But Hole

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria

just released

Seems like unless Epic pays Square money, Square don't care about EGS.
well yes but you can replace "Square" with just about any other company and its true then, too :p
i know, i know, some are weird zealots, but lets ignore those for the sake of this statement. like egs zealots constantly ignore anything positive about steam that doesnt fit their worldview. they dont hold a monopoly on that :smart-thinking-blob:

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
Stranger of Paradise isn't Unreal and Nomura is involved in it.

Yeah, it might seem far-fetched that "Nomura" is the reason why these have all been EGS exclusive, but so far it continues to be proven true, so... :shrugblob:

Maybe Epic bought an exclusivity bundle from SE that was put together by Nomura. :toucan:
I don't think Neo TWEWY is in Unreal Engine either.

Also you might be joking about the exclusives bundle, but I believe that there was a document in the Apple trial that referenced Epic trying to do exactly that. I might be misremembering though.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Cacher

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
People keep bringing this up but there's no way that was even a factor. They're just really high profile games and they use Unreal Engine so no doubt Epic were aware they were coming to PC early enough to pounce on them.
I don't think Neo TWEWY would be considered a high profile game, plus this one is on Unity.

EDIT: I was too slow. xD

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
I don't think Neo TWEWY would be considered a high profile game, plus this one is on Unity.
Lmao not gonna lie, I completely forgot that game even existed. I was talking about Kingdom Hearts III and FFVIIR. My asspull theory is that Square-Enix knew it was gonna make negative amounts of money so they told Epic if they wanted the other two they had to take TWEWY too. 🙃

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
The not Final fantasy tactics looks fucking horrible graphically, why didn't they go for a more stylized look or something? The story or whatever better be amazing because it just looks like

but with knights

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
I’m also surprised that Gylt is still a Stadia exclusive after over two years, though I already played it via a free trial
maybe they forgot stadia exists, as well?

"hey, we still have this game thats exclusive to stadia, should we bring it to steam?"
"exclusive to what? you mean the epic store?"
"no, stadia, by google?"
"i didnt know google had a stadium, let alone multiple stadia"
"nevermind"

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Slowly catching up with the Playstation's State of Play over lunch.

Gone were the days when we used to be neck-deep in JRPGs, but I digress. :flare_sleepy:

Valkyria ARPG looks OK, I guess. But I don't know about the character design. Lenneth in Silmeria was stunning (well, as stunning as PS2 poly count allows her to be). This new design might need some retouching.

Other than that, DioField looks interesting. More SRPG can't be a bad thing. It feels a bit like Fire Emblem combined with Brigandine. Will observe with great interest. :flare_switch:

My condolences to those who were expecting a new Final Fantasy in some form, though. :flare_lmao:

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Capcom's weird. Exoprimal is like Left 4 Dead x Dino Crisis x Lost Planet. Cool. Curious about Ghostwire and shame Gundam is just a F2P PVP FPS. Square continues being obsessed with making Devil May Cry instead of their good ol RPGs it seems, even when they bring back IP like Valkyrie Profile. Oh well.

Last edited:

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Konami trolls again. Working with Digital Eclipse to release a Ninja Turtles collection when Suikoden IS RIGHT THERE. ITS RIGHT THERE. JUST PUT 1, 2 and 3 out! You don't neve need to include 4! 5 is really nice though, so you'd want that one if possible.

Sigh. PS1/PS2 Emulators, PS2 Emulators are really the only way to get these on PC. Just sad.

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
You know what. JUST GIVE THE ORIGINAL FUCKING VALKYRIE PROFILE.

Doesn't have to be a remake. Doesn't have to be a remaster. Hell, sell me the ISO and I will find my own emulator to run it on.

Admittedly this applies with everything released in the PS1 era (of interest).

But no, it's going to have to be some cheap new game instead (which I will still end up playing).

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
You know what. JUST GIVE THE ORIGINAL FUCKING VALKYRIE PROFILE.

Doesn't have to be a remake. Doesn't have to be a remaster. Hell, sell me the ISO and I will find my own emulator to run it on.

Admittedly this applies with everything released in the PS1 era (of interest).

But no, it's going to have to be some cheap new game instead (which I will still end up playing).
"Don't you guys have phones?"
They did port it 4 years ago on mobile.
It's not a very good port, and they managed to add P2W elements into it.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
I guess there's no point in asking, what with Square being Square, but why don't they release FFT on newer platforms in anticipation of their new strategy RPG games (this one and triangle strategy) releasing soon? It would cost them pennies, and they could have it out in like weeks probably.
FFT Remastered was part of the Nvidia leak so I think it's eventually coming. It could release this year to celebrate the franchise's 35th anniversary. Three SE strategy games in a year might be overkill, but I'm fine with that.

I'm actually pretty happy that SE is pumping out these lower budget games. Reminds me of their output during the PS1.

undu

Mar 17, 2019

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
FFT Remastered was part of the Nvidia leak so I think it's eventually coming. It could release this year to celebrate the franchise's 35th anniversary. Three SE strategy games in a year might be overkill, but I'm fine with that.

I'm actually pretty happy that SE is pumping out these lower budget games. Reminds me of their output during the PS1.
Hmm, must have missed that part of the Nvidia leaks. If it was mentioned there then I guess it's all but guaranteed. Hope it's more than just a straightforward port of the Android version.

Reactions: Arc and Tomasety
Status
Not open for further replies.