Community MetaSteam | March 2022 - Try Finger But Hole

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020

One of the most popular applications for gaming on Linux, Lutris can help you manage games across various different sources including Humble Bundle, GOG, Steam, Epic Games, EA Origin, Ubisoft, Emulators and more. Currently though, getting it working on Steam Deck properly would involve using developer mode as it doesn't have a proper Flatpak package available from Flathub (the current one is not official and doesn't work well)
I really like how Valve is committed to the Steam Deck. I can't afford one but I'm happy for those who can get it and enjoy the experience with it.
PC gaming future looks bright on the horizon.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Lutris needs a 10ft UI or do automatic adding of non-Steam games to Steam (similar to how Steam ROM Manager works in Windows).

If they do that, they could provide a really valuable tool for all these new TV and handheld-based Linux gamers we’re seeing.

Last edited:

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Playing Azure Striker Gunvolt 1 on the Deck. I unfortunately think I'm too old for this shit.
The game is dead easy until it suddenly isn't anymore :[

Not bad at all, several strong points, but I would lament the very level design 101 of the stages. They are very plain for the most part.

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Soul Hackers is one of my favorite SMT spin-offs so I'm very hyped for the sequel. The difference in art direction is a bit of a shock at first but the game looks awesome.

• Eyes
Reactions: Cacher and Tomasety

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019
Core Keeper is number 4 :)
New peak record today
I dropped a few hours into CK over the weekend and am quite enjoying it so far.

Picked it up on a whim as the asking price was right in that impulse-buy sweet spot.

What struck me right off the bat was how much it scratched that "mining for resources" itch as found in Minecraft. As much as the market has been flooded with resource gathering titles over the years, this is the first one I can think of that really captures the "hunt 'em down" element of collecting raw materials as found in MC. It's a great feeling that few titles in the sub-genre seem to capture.

Presentation is quite nice and controls feel good. Shoutout to the sweet lighting model layered over retro graphics. Soundtrack is really promising if a bit limited. Curious to see how the combat engine plays out. Feels responsive like a classic Zelda title and looks like boss encounters will play a major role.

All and all it's a really great "one of those". Doesn't reinvent the wheel, but what's there is done quite well.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
I dropped a few hours into CK over the weekend and am quite enjoying it so far.

Picked it up on a whim as the asking price was right in that impulse-buy sweet spot.

What struck me right off the bat was how much it scratched that "mining for resources" itch as found in Minecraft. As much as the market has been flooded with resource gathering titles over the years, this is the first one I can think of that really captures the "hunt 'em down" element of collecting raw materials as found in MC. It's a great feeling that few titles in the sub-genre seem to capture.

Presentation is quite nice and controls feel good. Shoutout to the sweet lighting model layered over retro graphics. Soundtrack is really promising if a bit limited. Curious to see how the combat engine plays out. Feels responsive like a classic Zelda title and looks like boss encounters will play a major role.

All and all it's a really great "one of those". Doesn't reinvent the wheel, but what's there is done quite well.
It's really fun game. Terraria is the game that I find closest similarities to Core Keeper as a lot of elements looks same as Terraria. Resource gathering is quite simple, you can see sparkling places in your view, that means that there is valuable to mine there. In Terraria you have to drink Spelunking potion to see where ores are. In Minecraft I don't think you even have anything that tells where ores are.

Apart from resource gathering, there are crafting, cooking, exploring and some more. I believe there even is fishing in the game, but I haven't found a fishing rod yet. So there are plenty of content, even for an early access game

Playing with others seems very easy. As soon as you start a game you have an ID which you can share with your friends. I am missing a password since there is a risk that an outsider can join this game

I have been playing Core Keeper with my brother and we found quite a lot of things. I believe that we have found the first boss in the game, a big Slime monster. So far we have been decimated by the boss. So we need to prepare ourselves with better equipment and potions before we can kill the Slime boss. So far I really like this game

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com

Over 250k copies sold already!

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Uh, why does Eiyuden Chronicle look like a weird side scroller instead of a JRPG like Suikoden? Edit: man that scared me, so it's some side spin off game, whew!

Reactions: lashman

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
I'm excited for Harry Potter also. I get feeling guilty about it, but really... She's never not going to be obscenely rich so me not buying the Harry Potter game I've always dreamed of is not going to change that.

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Capcom sale:

~

JRPG sale:

(I like how the title of the page is just "JRPG" – Im guessing however had to set it up isnt a fan? ;) )

~

Mor
since nobody had any objections (to this), you could add me to the list:

Lashley

Computer Cowboy 🤠

DirectStorage API now available on PC

actual_norwegian_guy

Rebranded...
Apr 15, 2021
Soul Hackers is one of my favorite SMT spin-offs so I'm very hyped for the sequel. The difference in art direction is a bit of a shock at first but the game looks awesome.
honestly, comparing smtv and soul hackers

well, in simple terms
if i was William Afton from fnaf, the purple guy in other words, you know the guy who had murdered a number of children in a springbonnie suit before becoming springtrap by an accident when he tried to erase his evidence, who then got burnt by his own son Micheal but survived to become scraptrap, who then got burnt again, this time for good, but then he got sent to hell where he had to survive as a nightguard against all of his victims (and himself and other animatronics) before he got revived as a digital entity who posessed an innocent IT worker known as Vanessa, who then helped revive him into the real world as Burntrap in the newest five nights at freddy's game

if i was william afton, smtv would be micheal, and soul hackers would be joseph, just saying

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
JK Rowling is awful. I won’t be buying the Hogwarts game, no matter how good it looks.

But that’s my choice. I’ll happily encourage a boycott and I think people should not buy the game, if only to show solidarity with trans people, but I’m not gonna get preachy about it because the impact is going to be minimal and probably hurt the developer more than Rowling.

Buy whatever the hell you want because in the end Rowling is already obscenely rich and has near limitless resources to inflict harm on trans people. I personally won’t give her any of my money, but that’s as a principle rather than trying to punish her.

I hope she gets her comeuppance one day, but people boycotting a game set in her fictional universe ain’t it.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
JK Rowling is awful. I won’t be buying the Hogwarts game, no matter how good it looks.

But that’s my choice. I’ll happily encourage a boycott and I think people should not buy the game, if only to show solidarity with trans people, but I’m not gonna get preachy about it because the impact is going to be minimal and probably hurt the developer more than Rowling.

Buy whatever the hell you want because in the end Rowling is already obscenely rich and has near limitless resources to inflict harm on trans people. I personally won’t give her any of my money, but that’s as a principle rather than trying to punish her.

I hope she gets her comeuppance one day, but people boycotting a game set in her fictional universe ain’t it.
Harry Potter is lame anyway. It's one of those things that I believe people hold dear because that's what their families gave them to read as a kid but doesn't really hold up as an adult.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Harry Potter is lame anyway. It's one of those things that I believe people hold dear because that's what their families gave them to read as a kid but doesn't really hold up as an adult.
You could say that about any fiction for children. But when the movies came they were special and as a series it is quite something. As problematic as it is and as much as JK such donkey balls, I will still enjoy the movies with my future children:

• This!
  • Eyes
Reactions: PC-tan and Tomasety

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I tried the Stranger of Paradise demo on my PS5 and really enjoyed the game, so now Im hoping for some KH Steam announcement asap so I have a better understanding of the exclusivity.

I assume the Square EGS exclusives are not permanent?

Status
Not open for further replies.