Community MetaSteam | March 2022 - Try Finger But Hole

Status
Not open for further replies.

STHX

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2021
I checked and it's exactly one year after the egs release (August 11th 2021) so it's par the course
The only weird thing is the Steam page being up so soon. Maybe the dev wants to start getting wishlists as soon as possible because we all know it bombed like every eggs exclusive

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I didn't realize how big Elden Ring will be until a friend of mine who really dislikes very difficulty games, bought it on Steam. He has never played any Souls game before, despite how much I especially praised Bloodborne. We've been friends since junior high school and we've played a lot of coop together (like Portal 2, A Way Out, It Takes Two) and he is a huge video game player (he was into consoles 10 years ago like me, but now we are both mainly playing on PC).

Im really suprised he bought ER, because I know he's not into those games at all. He knows I really love Bb and Dark Souls, so FromSoft has truly reached people with ER they didn't reach before.

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
At least the Axiom Verge dev justified EGS exclusivity by straightforwardly saying that he wanted/needed the money upfront for his family. I respect that a lot more than when devs attempt to do Epic’s PR for them (see: Airborne Kingdom, Ooblets).
Yeah, definitely no hard feelings towards the dev. IIRC Tom Happ has a special needs son so in his case he probably seriously needed the money. It's just that personally once a game goes EGS exclusive I push it out of my mind completely and by the time it launches on Steam I've usually moved on so I no longer feel the need to play it as soon as it comes out.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com

• TAKE OFF THE FCKN MASKS - Next time you're at the grocery store, try showing a woman your face. Be confident, unafraid of the LIES -- you might get a girlfriend. Women like confidence. Women don't like dudes who cover their faces in fear. What are you afraid of? Getting laid? Grow up.
What kind of dumb patch note is this?

Dinjoralo

None shall remember those who do not fight.
Dec 6, 2018
FSR 2.0 is going to be announced soon? If it's true, I wonder if there will be much difference between this and 1.0 and if Valve is going to upgrade Deck's built in FSR.

Hmmmmm. If it's using temporal info, is it getting motion vectors and such from the game? Because that would result in a big improvement. If not, I can only imagine how bad TAA without motion vectors is.

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
Just an FYI that all of those are also on GOG and go on sale for like 1.79$ during big sales

Unrelated to those games
Regarding the whole Humble Bundle 2 and origin/ea stuff and keys or not keys I had bought Dragon Age 2 before EA went back on steam and it was a keyless connect your account thing and never actually redeemed it. It's one of the things humble Emailed me about saying it's going to expire but the one's that are actually codes are the ones that aren't expiring. (Really old bundles gave out codes, newer ones, etc)

Kind of sounds stupid or they're like switching to a new keyless system? I don't know

Deleted member 113

They really need some attention huh
I really can't believe Valve allows a developer to use their platform to spread this crap.
I mean, in the frickin' patch notes?! Posted as a news post, to make sure everyone who follows the game, or clicks the update notice on their library gets exposed to this crap?

Unbelievable.

And of course, his further comments on that post are even better, in case his negationist crap wasn't clear enough:

I love the commodity of Steam's features, and the work Valve has been doing throughout the years to make gaming on PC as painless, and effortless as it is today.
But, I don't agree, and I'll never agree, with Valve's "hands-off" approach to their community features, and moderation.

I mean, we reached a point where we have plenty of users, and now even developers, posting:
-dangerous negationist content about a pandemic that killed millions of people worldwide, even on... patch notes (?!);
-rude, racist, and absolutely disgusting content about the current Ukraine invasion, including attacks on developers, their games (through reviews), and others users, with no consequence;
-users with game icons and profiles filled with swastikas, and Nazi imagery.

Again, all of this openly, with no consequence.
At best, if reported, they may delete a post. What for, if the same user posts again the same crap, with no consequence?

I'm critical of the level of toxicity on display on social media, which is one of the reasons for barely using any, but the truth is in those places, I can easily fully block someone, or mute certain words and content. Plus, if reported, users may be banned. It isn't easy, but it surely happens.

On Steam, even if one completely avoids the forums (something that a lot of people do), one just has to check reviews on the store page, follow a game for updates, and now apparently... patch notes (?!), to get exposed to this crap.
When one considers this is a platform used by millions of people worldwide, some of it underage, it really isn't right, because people start thinking this is the "normal" way to act with other people, which is not.

I really wish Valve would spend 1/1000th of the effort they place on other stuff, in tackling the cesspool that is everywhere on Steam's community features. Hire some moderators. Better tools to filter this content. Ban certain people from using community features when they constantly use it to throw abuse at other people, or spread hateful content. Is it too much to ask?

I know nothing will be done, but I actually sent an email about that developer to the address Valve has listed for Gabe Newell.
I doubt I'll get a reply, but I had to ask him if he feels comfortable in allowing a developer using his presence on Valve's platform to spread this hateful crap, by using the various community features to do so, including... patch notes(?!).

Alexandros

MetaMember
Nov 4, 2018
My backlog reduction quest continues. I have been playing through Marlow Briggs lately, it's pretty ok. It is a budget character action game with decent variety in set pieces and reasonably fun gameplay. I got it years ago for a ridiculously low price, I believe it was $0,99, so I am certainly getting my money's worth.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I have it on steam, but would love a remaster like they did with the first one!
This has been bugging me for a few days, did you really drop Pathfinder because of the kingdom simulation ? Couldn’t you continue by setting it up on auto or editing the save ?

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
This has been bugging me for a few days, did you really drop Pathfinder because of the kingdom simulation ? Couldn’t you continue by setting it up on auto or editing the save ?
Aah no I havent dropped it! I didn't actually mind the kingdom simulation, just that I thought it was the weakest part. I plan to finish it but Elden Ring happened haha

• Hug
  • Eyes
Reactions: Li Kao and Tomasety

Deleted member 113

I'm searching the publisher SNEG, but I can't find any info.
PCGamer says they are former employees of GOG.

Anyone got any clue?
I actually searched about them a while back, when I bought a couple of their titles, and they don't appear to have a website.

The only things I managed to "uncover" are:
-they indeed have former GOG staff (among those, for example, the current director of the company);
-at least for a portion of their titles, they reached out to the original developers (to access source code, feedback, and license the games), which is a nice touch;
-they hire companies like General Arcade to work on porting/compatibility issues, plus to add modern features (like achievements), so at least for several of the games they released on Steam, they didn't just "slap it" on the store as is.

Additionally, there's a FAQ post on the Blade of Darkness Steam forums that offers a small bit of additional info:

«Who are you? Whom am I supporting by purchasing this game?
SNEG is a small boutique publisher focusing on the re-mastering and distribution of old gaming gems. We want to believe we have a taste for games, a true admiration of the classics, and a desire to bring more entertainment delights from all eras of the gaming culture of today. When it comes to Blade of Darkness, we've signed it with the original Rebel Act founders. Also, quite a few of the original game developers helped us in the process of bringing it back to life and we can't express how grateful we are for their support. »

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
-at least for a portion of their titles, they reached out to the original developers (to access source code, feedback, and license the games), which is a nice touch;
-they hire companies like General Arcade to work on porting/compatibility issues, plus to add modern features (like achievements), so at least for several of the games they released on Steam, they didn't just "slap it" on the store as is.
That's actually good to hear.
I'm reading their Blade of Darkness port is actually good. Makes me wanna pick it up.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
I thought that i was near the end of Days Gone than things happened and i realized that i am maybe 2/3 into the game XD They really went overboard with missions in this game.

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
I also like how the text message gives you an instruction to go right, even tho that is clearly the only way to go, lit up and super obvious, whilst the other path is blocked (probably with an invisible wall too, I imagine)
ah video game design :p

~

edit: yup it also has an invisible wall there, just checked.

BTW that nokia phone has a camera.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
I will probably end up playing Days Days for around 30h before i finish it and it is interesting how i have feeling that game is dragging like hell while i spent same amount of time in God of War and i liked every moment spent in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.