Community MetaSteam | March 2022 - Try Finger But Hole

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Bioshock Infinite got 9th update this month in QA/Test branch according to Steam DB

There was Bioshock RTX game in GeForce Now leak.
Looks like QATest for 2K launcher integration like T2 is doing at the moment for Rockstar games, we don't know when are they going to release the final build of their integrated launchers within their games but test are increasing quite a lot.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Ghostwire seems pretty good and pretty light on the specs since I can run it pretty well. The intro runs quite shit with desynced audio up to about its halfway point where it kinda switches gears and seems to go more in-game style, then I can maintain 60fps if I also use any of the upscaling options in any quality setting, but since it still gets some odd hiccups here and there, seemingly when it loads some new audio or video asset in, this could be CPU related, I turn some less visible things down from Cinematic to High and what not in case it helps (but not the level loading distance, I leave that one maxed, lod is my worst enemy, though I didn't check to see how it affects things if it's turned down). TSR seems to provide a more stable image than AMD FSR 1.0 in equal settings.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
No, plain old ghost input. You play the game and suddenly the character moves and act by itself. It happened in a couple games already like Core Keeper and No Man’s Sky. The only surefire solution is to unplug the controller and plug it again.
But by then you are already angry 😤
Tried updating the controller firmware? Might not help of course, but it probably won't make it worse either. 🤞

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Li Kao

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Playing Persona 4 Arena Ultimax this week made me really want to go back to Persona 4 Golden and finish my playthrough. Not sure why I had stopped halfway through when the port came out, I think I got distracted by another release (Death Stranding, I think?). But now I'm really getting back into it and my desire for P3 and P5R is stronger than ever. I really want to replay P3 and finally play P5. Fuck, I hope they'll announce something this year...
Is that your first playthrough of P4G? Ultimax will spoil the story for you.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018

I'm kind of excited for this game. I love the HD-2D style that Square Enix has been using in a number of their recent games and am happy that more titles are adopting it. I was never really into HOMM, but I'm hoping I can pick up this one.
I'm excited for this one too. I love these sorts of Turn-based tactics game, especially ones in the vein of the greats (Heroes of Might and Magic 2 and 3). This looks right up that alley. Hopefully it launches well. I worry about Early Access sometimes.

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Is that your first playthrough of P4G? Ultimax will spoil the story for you.
Nah, I played them both years ago. That's part of why it's taken me so long to go back to it, I guess. I needed to be in the mood not just for Persona but for Persona 4 specifically and playing Ultimax did exactly that. Plus, I figured I'd finish my playthrough before digging into Ultimax's story modes because why not.

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Ghostwire seems pretty good and pretty light on the specs since I can run it pretty well. The intro runs quite shit with desynced audio up to about its halfway point where it kinda switches gears and seems to go more in-game style, then I can maintain 60fps if I also use any of the upscaling options in any quality setting, but since it still gets some odd hiccups here and there, seemingly when it loads some new audio or video asset in, this could be CPU related, I turn some less visible things down from Cinematic to High and what not in case it helps (but not the level loading distance, I leave that one maxed, lod is my worst enemy, though I didn't check to see how it affects things if it's turned down). TSR seems to provide a more stable image than AMD FSR 1.0 in equal settings.

I think this stuttering is actually related to Unreal Engine. Alex from DF has been going off about this stutter for weeks, or even months it seems. He noted that on a second playthrough of Ghostwire, majority of stutters were gone because of cached things. This is repeatable in nearly ALL UE4 games that suffer from Asset loading stutter.

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
If you can't see difference in CP2077 than there is no hope for you :p

Regarding ghosting, try some Bethesda games that offer DLSS it is better experience. But it is still true that image can look better than native but it is not without issues. You could have things that are blurry and jagged with native res but way better with DLSS for example. So if bit of ghosting is worst that happens i say that you still get better than native output.
I didn't play enough of cyberpunk to notice much, just the first 20 minutes or so. My thing with ray tracing is more like is it worth sacrificing the 30-40fps to have it on? With most games I don't feel like it is based on what I've seen online. Games that only use it for reflections feels like a waste of fps to me, I'd rather play at 100+fps and miss out on fancier reflections I probably won't notice anyway.

• Eyes

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Tried updating the controller firmware? Might not help of course, but it probably won't make it worse either. 🤞
Yup, I did just that yesterday. And my session was ghost free. But on the other hand I also unchecked Steam experimental support for series x controllers, so I don’t know what did it (or if I was just lucky).

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Looks like QATest for 2K launcher integration like T2 is doing at the moment for Rockstar games, we don't know when are they going to release the final build of their integrated launchers within their games but test are increasing quite a lot.
They started updating it 6 months ago. Does it really takes that much to integrate stupid barebones launcher?
I didn't play enough of cyberpunk to notice much, just the first 20 minutes or so. My thing with ray tracing is more like is it worth sacrificing the 30-40fps to have it on? With most games I don't feel like it is based on what I've seen online. Games that only use it for reflections feels like a waste of fps to me, I'd rather play at 100+fps and miss out on fancier reflections I probably won't notice anyway.
Play Control with RayTraced reflections, i shoot at the window first time i played because i thought it was an enemy and it was just my reflection XD None of the RayTracing effects is stupid if used well.

• Eyes

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Fret for several days about buying or not buying Ghostwire.
Launch the game.
Get the Desync issue, or so I suppose, action and voice over don't make sense.
Profit.

Update
One solution is to go 1080p.
So you go 1080p.
The game is displayed in real 1080p, not on the entire screen.
Motherfucking profit again.

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Uh, that’s it, I’m fed up with my series x controller regularly being possessed and playing by itself in games. Wasn’t it you Joe Spangle who had the same issue ? I think you told me it involved bluetooth going crazy ? How did you fix if ?
For reference I’m not even using BT for this thing, wired only.

Seeing my little guy in Core Keeper going apeshit and setting torches here and there while moving erratically was the last straw.
Yeah i get something like that and its definitely the Bluetooth for me, i have to turn off Bluetooth in the Windows setting and then reconnect to fix it. Can be a right pain, especially in Elden Ring! Happens not that often but often enough to be annoying.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Li Kao

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Ok, so setting the nvidia thing to respect ratio but not integer gives me fullscreen 1080p. Not that I care that much, and it's good to see I can tolerate something sub 1440p, but still pretty miffed for what is just a bugged release.
Now to play or wait for a patch ? Mmh.

I mean I REALLY need to play something after several days of 'I don't know what to play', but yeah, miffed.

• Eyes

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
I think this stuttering is actually related to Unreal Engine. Alex from DF has been going off about this stutter for weeks, or even months it seems. He noted that on a second playthrough of Ghostwire, majority of stutters were gone because of cached things. This is repeatable in nearly ALL UE4 games that suffer from Asset loading stutter.
Im so glad Epic somehow keeps managing to get more and more dev studios to use Unreal instead of their own engines -_- I wonder if they moneyhat them into using the engine somehow as well – wouldnt surprise me, honestly.

~

I dunno if it was posted, but Highrise City was released in Early Access

~

Regarding NVIDIA, remember the hacker group Lapsus claiming they would release all the schematics etc? I dont think that has happened, but several members have apparently been arrested - turned out to be a bunch of British teens...

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Finished The Council. Game did left turn at some point and i don't know if it was for better or for worse. Game has interesting ideas but non of them were fully explored. Also game really is janky but they did try to use budget well. Overall interesting experience and i saw that dev is working on new Vampire game so bit more constraint regarding story could help them, together with previous experience with The council to deliver better game.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I might have to start considering buying a finished built PC when the 4080 comes out. I don't expect PC parts to become better available buy the time the new gpu series is out.

My 1080 has served me well, but I I expect it to show it's age with Starfield.

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Im so glad Epic somehow keeps managing to get more and more dev studios to use Unreal instead of their own engines -_- I wonder if they moneyhat them into using the engine somehow as well – wouldnt surprise me, honestly.
~

Regarding NVIDIA, remember the hacker group Lapsus claiming they would release all the schematics etc? I dont think that has happened, but several members have apparently been arrested - turned out to be a bunch of British teens...
I'm not even close to an expert, but from my reading it seems to be the way in which Unreal Engine caches it shaders? There are UE games that don't stutter, they do this by pre-loading shaders before they're needed as opposed to on-demand. This of course requires load times, but with modern SSD's and NVME/M2... I don't understand why Dev's aren't doing this and instead choosing to take the path of stutters...

Also with regards to the Nvidia thing. LOL. If it lead to arrests than surely something happened, but it's weird Nvidia remained totally silent. Not even commented on security or anything. 😅

I might have to start considering buying a finished built PC when the 4080 comes out. I don't expect PC parts to become better available buy the time the new gpu series is out.

My 1080 has served me well, but I I expect it to show it's age with Starfield.

Hang in there. Hopefully by mid-year things can settle down, and not just GPU's but everything else too... 🙏

Until I was able to luckily snag a 3070ti, I was seriously considering a pre-built myself. And I HATE pre-builts.

It’s been so nice in paris, that today I’m going to wear shorts ! Fuck yeah for summer.
No, Summer is the enemy! All the bugs come out, and it's humid and bleh. In Winter you can bundle up and be cozy.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
I generally like the autumn and winter, but it has been a shit autumn and winter this year so I’m glad for the warmer seasons this year.

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
I'm not even close to an expert, but from my reading it seems to be the way in which Unreal Engine caches it shaders? There are UE games that don't stutter, they do this by pre-loading shaders before they're needed as opposed to on-demand. This of course requires load times, but with modern SSD's and NVME/M2... I don't understand why Dev's aren't doing this and instead choosing to take the path of stutters...
Monster Hunter Rise does the shader compilation the first time the game is started after installation, with a several minutes long loading screen. Wish more DX12 games would do that, or at least have an option in the game's settings to compile all shaders in a similar several minutes long loading screen.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
I never uninstalled a game harder than Ghostwire Tokyo.
Japanese Far Cry blergh

No, Summer is the enemy! All the bugs come out, and it's humid and bleh. In Winter you can bundle up and be cozy.

My apartment went from 0 wasps a yesterday, to 5 wasps invading me today.

Winter and Fall > Summer and Spring

Bless speedhack in Cheat Engine. I really enjoy walking simulators (currently on Maid of Sker), but the running speed are always too slow.
bruv, it's a walking simulator, not a running simulator

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
Spring and autumn for me, all the way.

Was going to say I haven't bought any 2022 games yet. But I have Core Keeper, Lost Ark (bought the bronze founding pack) and Vampire Survivors (that was this year wasn't it?).

Fairly quiet yeart.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Cacher

fearthedawn

Apr 19, 2019
I feel left out and demand my place among the heroes :heroblob: Mor (should've tagged you in my first post beginning of the month)

I know that i don't have a 2nd playthrough in me and would bail on it after <=50h only to start fresh in my eventual 2nd playthrough in a year or more from now, making it an excercise in futility ...

... but i do keep thinking about it instead of looking at other games :blobxorcism:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018

I wonder if anything PC-related is to be expected. That Ghost of Tsushima PC port has to release this year.
Bloodborne is the most important PC version that needs to happen or at least Demon's Souls Remake.

Sony has a golden opportunity now. Elden Ring showing Souls games have never been more popular.

Bloodborne or Demon's, but especially Bb, will earn Sony more money than any other PC release.

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
Bloodborne is the most important PC version that needs to happen or at least Demon's Souls Remake.

Sony has a golden opportunity now. Elden Ring showing Souls games have never been more popular.

Bloodborne or Demon's, but especially Bb, will earn Sony more money than any other PC release.
Son. Bloodborne PC is not happening.
It was not in the Nvidia leak. Just like The Last of Us PC, maybe it was in dev at some point but that's not the case anymore.

Let it go.

We'll get Demon Souls next year unless Sony scales down their PC plans.

OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
I feel left out and demand my place among the heroes :heroblob: Mor (should've tagged you in my first post beginning of the month)

I know that i don't have a 2nd playthrough in me and would bail on it after <=50h only to start fresh in my eventual 2nd playthrough in a year or more from now, making it an excercise in futility ...

... but i do keep thinking about it instead of looking at other games :blobxorcism:
Sorry I missed it, I will add you ASAP :D

Status
Not open for further replies.