Community MetaSteam | March 2022 - Try Finger But Hole

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
If only Sony could announce what their strategy for PC/Steam is, that would be very great.

I have yet to continue with Returnal and Demon's Souls Remake because of that damned Geforce Now leak.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
The Smiths shouldn't really be role models for anything. BUT of course you stand up for your woman, even if that means slapping someone. There is a huge difference between a slap and a closed fist. BUT you also should know who you are slapping, because if you don't that's how the fuck you get into more problems than you can handle, at best get your ass beat and at worst get to be a murder statistic.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
The Smiths shouldn't really be role models for anything. BUT of course you stand up for your woman, even if that means slapping someone. There is a huge difference between a slap and a closed fist. BUT you also should know who you are slapping, because if you don't that's how the fuck you get into more problems than you can handle, at best get your ass beat and at worst get to be a murder statistic.

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
If Starfield gets delayed this year also, Elden Ring takes home GOTY for free right? :unsure:

I think ER is pretty good, but it suffers many of the same open-worldism's people regularly tear up otherwise, so I'd like to see at least some competition this year.
ER could easily beat Starfield if FO4 is any indication
(and I haven't played ER fwiw)

GoW Ragnarok has a chance.
possibly, but if its like its predecessor I've no idea why frankly

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
ER could easily beat Starfield if FO4 is any indication frankly
(I haven't played ER fwiw)
I honestly don't disagree. 😅
I'm well versed in dunking on Fo4 for taking away all the RP elements i loved in previous BGS games. The addition of voice-acted protag, and stunted writing meant you could not role-play anything in that game, mods be damned, except what Bethesda had written. :confused: And it sucked all the magic out for me.

Still, I hope they've learned. I hope that Starfield is more open ended in this regard and not a continuation of FO4 design philosophy. 🙏

d00d3n

MetaMember
Jan 26, 2019
If Starfield gets delayed this year also, Elden Ring takes home GOTY for free right? :unsure:

I think ER is pretty good, but it suffers many of the same open-worldism's people regularly tear up otherwise, so I'd like to see at least some competition this year.
There is not a lot of competition. New rabbids strategy game maybe or xenoblade chronicles 3 maybe. I think it is very unlikely that any of those would be better than elden ring, but it is possible.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I feel the rest of the year is pretty barren already. Barely anything at all from Nintendo (Splatoon 3, Xenoblade 3), Sony only with GoW Ragnarok and Uncharted 4/LL without a date for PC. Xbox with....Starfield?

Indies though, there are tons of them, good looking indies releasing every day.

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
I'm going to show my arse as the cynical one but this year is just barren period, I haven't bought any new 2022 release yet.
It does mean I've really made some great progress on my backlog though.

The major highlight so far has been Elden Ring but tbh I'm feeling burned out on Souls games, so a 100+ hr Souls isn't tickling me right now.
Also, I don't own a Switch so that stuff is not really applicable to me.

The most notable titles for me that I'm looking forward to:
Soul Hackers 2
AI Somnium Files 2
A Plague Tale 2

Last edited:

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I'm going to show my arse as the cynical one but this year is just barren period.

The one highlight so far has been Elden Ring and tbh I'm nevertheless burned out on Souls games.
Yeah, April-May was so dire that I could budget Ghostwire with a clear conscience.
Which, uh, wasn't my greatest idea, but it plays well enough. It's Japanese Far Cry but at least the writing here is mediocre, not offensively stupid. Small victories, I know.

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
4 years ago I couldn't see God of War on Steam happen either. Yet here we are.
I don't think that's comparable.

Sony forbidding a game comes to game pass? I suppose it's possible.
Sony forbidding a game comes to game pass from a now MS owned studio? No way, even if MS has to pay fees to make it happen.

Reactions: Tomasety

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I don't think that's comparable.
My point is that the industry is changing quickly in ways we don't know about (Jim Ryan stated that himself). With all these subcription systems happening, I have no doubt that MS/Sony is very much willing to do some fuckery, like preventing games from appearing on the competitor's subscription system.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Thats actually what makes me interested! I would love to see what Japanese devs do with the formula AND would love to explore a Japanese city in a open world.
Eh, it fits the bill, kinda. One of the draw of the game is Tokyo rendition and how fucking weeboo friendly it is, with lots of reading about Japanese delicacies etc.
That being said, the rendition and sense of immersion has its limits. Always night, always raining, no living beings. If Atlus wasn't so crazy with their ports, I would recommend Persona 5 over Ghostwire for dat city feel.

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
My point is that the industry is changing quickly in ways we don't know about (Jim Ryan stated that himself). With all these subcription systems happening, I have no doubt that MS/Sony is very much willing to do some fuckery, like preventing games from appearing on the competitor's subscription system.
I agree with the potential for fuckery in a general case but I can’t believe for a moment MS will let it happen for what is now MS IP regardless of existing contracts

Last edited:

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
I agree with the potential for fuckery but I can’t believe for a moment MS will let it happen for what is now MS IP regardless of existing contracts
And let's not forget that even if it was the case, there is always the possibility of a new edition with slightly different content to dodge the contract. Let's call it Ghostwire Tokyo - Championship Edition.
Probability of no Game Pass may be real, but incredibly slim.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Li Kao Today i learnt that Cats & Dogs aren't living beings. :p

I think if they had to put more "people" into Ghostwire Tokyo then they would have to take away some things to cope with AI and extra rendering. I'm quite happy wandering about a Shibuya without crowds tbh and i love the verticality of the exploration. I've been enjoying my time tbh.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Li Kao Today i learnt that Cats & Dogs aren't living beings. :p

I think if they had to put more "people" into Ghostwire Tokyo then they would have to take away some things to cope with AI and extra rendering. I'm quite happy wandering about a Shibuya without crowds tbh and i love the verticality of the exploration. I've been enjoying my time tbh.
Lol yeah, the city is shock full of cats & dogs, my bad.
And I didn't say the desert town was incomprehensible or inexcusable, making this game with a credible level of population would be Cyberpunk level of budget. Would it even be technically possible ?
But yeah, my point was, you can visit Tokyo, but it will feel lonely.

Edit
And is empty Tokyo still Tokyo ? You have two hours then I take your copy.

• Eyes

LRB1983

🎥 アダルトビデオ
Oct 8, 2021
x.com
Oh! I love it! :love:
Does Forza allow for custom skins on cars or is that in the game as tribute or something?
All cars are fully customizable and you can share your designs with other members. In Sprinter Trueno case Inital D design depends on the game. On Forza 4, the car appears on a itinerant seasonal event but the car only have the black hood but not the japanese letters, you need to get them by your own, on the other hand I won the car with full Initial D design on prize roultte on Forza 5.
There are tons on great Itasha customization by the community, now I'm looking for GT Hatsune Miku's AMG or BMW.

moemoneyb1

MetaMember
Mar 29, 2021
Finally beat Elden Ring after 120 hours. Didn't expect this game to be to the brim filled with content but man it was an awesome ride from beginning to end. I definitely see myself coming to this game in the near future to either do new game plus on my current character or create a new one.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
All cars are fully customizable and you can share your designs with other members. In Sprinter Trueno case Inital D design depends on the game. On Forza 4, the car appears on a itinerant seasonal event but the car only have the black hood but not the japanese letters, on the other hand I won the car with full Initial D design on prize roultte on Forza 5.
There are tons on great Itasha customization by the community, now I'm looking for GT Hatsune Miku's AMG or BMW.
Just wanted to say, great avatar pic.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
I will repost a question I asked in the Console Thread, but with a broader net.
Do we know what big AAA games or exclusives are coming this year on PC/Xbox, PS5, Switch ?

Like I alluded to, April-May is light, but what then for the rest of the year ? It honestly feels like covid related production issues are becoming more real this year.

(yeah indies are great, my two last games were indies, that's not my point)

• Eyes

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
I will repost a question I asked in the Console Thread, but with a broader net.
Do we know what big AAA games or exclusives are coming this year on PC/Xbox, PS5, Switch ?

Like I alluded to, April-May is light, but what then for the rest of the year ? It honestly feels like covid related production issues are becoming more real this year.

(yeah indies are great, my two last games were indies, that's not my point)
Top of my head in no order

Starfield
God of War 2 probably
Call of Duty 2022
The Quarry
Devil Inside Me
Soul Hackers 2
Mario Strikers
Mario and Rabbids 2
Bayonetta 3
Splatoon 3
A Plague Tale 2