Community MetaSteam | March 2022 - Try Finger But Hole

Status
Not open for further replies.

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
There's tons of them yes, especially pedophile jokes based on Catholic church.
Yeah, but you can't make a pro-pedophile joke. You can't joke about a stranger's recently deceased relative. You do that, you should get more than slapped. I think the intent of the joke is what matters. You can make a lot of morally bad jokes. Really fucked up jokes that are purely harmful. I don't support that shit.

Reactions: NarohDethan

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Yeah, but you can't make a pro-pedophile joke. I think the intent of the joke is what matters.
I think this is the closest pro-pedophile joke I've heard:

Say what you want about pedophiles, at least they don't drive fast outside of schools.

Reactions: low-G

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
I think this is the closest pro-pedophile joke I've heard:

Say what you want about pedophiles, at least they don't drive fast outside of schools.
More of an observational comedy.

Also sorry for regurgitating points, I'm not terminally online enough to even catch a fraction of the conversations and I reply linearly.

moemoneyb1

MetaMember
Mar 29, 2021
Tom Clancy game ladies nd gentleman

From the YouTube comments:
"M-m-m-Morty, ya gotta fuze the room with the hostage,
Morty" "Ah, jeez Rick. I don't know if I can do it"
"Do it Morty"
"Ah, jeez man, ok"
Hostage killer -500 points

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018

Never thought I could be a bit down about the sanctity of a Tom Clancy game being sullied, but here we are. I remember how fucking dry Rainbow 6 was in the beginning. Now it's wet. So wet.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Can we at least attempt to keep the twitter drama of the day out of the Steam thread? At least if it's not directly about gaming? It's tiring, inconsequential and completely off-topic. I can deal with any of those in isolation but all at the same time is a bit much.

Personally, the PS1-PS3 era of first party I found far more exciting but that's by the by.
Same here. It's undeniable that Sony's first party is more successful than ever, but they haven't really made much that appeals to me since the PS3 era.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Fek it, i missed the Matrix/Slytherine sale by a few hours. My own fault i checked my cart earlier and thought i'd get around to it but i just checked and it's back to full price. My own fault. Oh well, there'll be other sales.

Kal1m3r0

MetaMember
Jan 9, 2021
Can't believe noone posted the only important take on what happened yet

But coming back to topic, I tried Chrono Trigger with Steamlink on my smartphone and looks surprisingly good (duh? It was a mobile port in the beginning). I only want to see if it's possible to run something else on my main monitor or at least separate audio sources; I like to have a cozy stream in the background :steam_pigblanket:

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
When I woke up this morning and saw 4 new pages I thought y'all escaped the console containment OT and were discussing that new Sony subscription thing. I didn't expect some friction over oscar drama. :flare_lmao:

Can we at least attempt to keep the twitter drama of the day out of the Steam thread?
Seriously. It's just two dudes having an altercation on an American television show. Nothing to get worked up about. Maybe I'm just getting older and out of touch but it should've just stopped at funny meme (which I must admit that I'm also guilty of propagating) :flare_sleepy:

(I feel bad for ListeningGarden too ... welcome back, btw!) :flare_smirk:

Anyway.

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
I don't understand the ego with some people to to discount / ignore voices like described here. I guess whomever ignored her work was just an asshole. I've seen devs who act like this. They're the kind who will ignore you when you point out something they were wrong about, and/or specifically not give you credit when asked about the thing you found / resolved. Or worse yet just ignore the whole thing and treat you as if your comment wasn't important or try to minimalize it.

I guess in this instance they're even erasing a large body of work, not just the direction / objections she created.

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018

Jesus fucking Christ...

I'm not one to needlessly shit on Fornite, to each their own. But holy shit have they poisoned the hell out of the industry. Not just with this kind of nonsense crossover (which, to be fair, isn't as egregiously out of place in Fortnite as it is here) but also in terms of what's expected from a live service game these days.

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
sounds fine to me?? i don't really understand the comparisons to hunt: showdown though. besides being pvpve, there's nothing even remotely similar about their gameplay loops. reads much more like a sci-fi take on escape from tarkov more than anything, which the writer seems vehemently against, and i don't think that makes for a particularly compelling case against the game - it's one person's grievance that it isn't what they wanted it to be.
Yea the only reason they'd not compare it to Tarkov instead of Hunt is if they aren't familiar with Tarkov. It's very much a simplified different version of Tarkov. Hunt is sort of similar but not really the same core concept.

I don't understand the ego with some people to to discount / ignore voices like described here. I guess whomever ignored her work was just an asshole. I've seen devs who act like this. They're the kind who will ignore you when you point out something they were wrong about, and/or specifically not give you credit when asked about the thing you found / resolved. Or worse yet just ignore the whole thing and treat you as if your comment wasn't important or try to minimalize it.

I guess in this instance they're even erasing a large body of work, not just the direction / objections she created.
It's pretty shameful of the interviewed to omit her but the article writer updated the article an hour or two ago:

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and low-G

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
I just want to be able to set the good ol tiles view > arranged by type system wide then only manually set certain image/video folders to large icons instead of have Windows itself decide and usually go for the wrong choice I don't like (most often detail view but often large icon previews for non image folders etc.) 🤷‍♂️

Edit: iirc this sorta worked up until at least Windows XP where you could set a view and apply it to a folder and its sub folders but nothing seems to do that now. Often even after setting a particular view for a folder it doesn't retain it if you visit the same folder via a slightly different process/path or whatever, it's so bad 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
The problem with most of Ubisofts open world games is that they seem promising during the first few hours, but become a boring and repetitive slog after that.
That's the problem, only managed to play 1 hour or so and found it pretty good. Then I opened the map and saw how large the world is which made me question if I can bother with anoter open world game and this time it's an Ubi open world game.

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
I've been pre-registered for diablo immortal for like 4 years now or something stupid. The game was literally completely finished because it was a fully fleshed out game from china they were reskinning with diablo shit but they decided to just change the entire thing instead of starting from scratch which would of probably been simpler.

Yeah here's my fake edit:

Netease was literally co-developing the game with them and just reskinned this game to make it more diabloish

Real edit: I also just guessed at 4 years but I was right, it was 2018 Lol jesus christ

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
It was bearable before but Ghostwire stutters a lot more after going back out of the hospital and what not, where it opens up to its regular gameplay loop with most all elements introduced (I'm up to the base/barrier/floating stuff). I dunno if it's shader stutter because more shit goes down or general asset streaming, it's just awful even while submitting to the 1080p solution for the cut scenes to work properly while waiting for a patch for that. The game itself seems ok...

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
This is like the second time this month alone that I forget that this is even coming. I know it's a rerelease but lol. I'm a huge Kojima fan, too. Was there like no marketing whatsoever? I feel like I barely even heard about it. I'm not entirely sure what the added content even is.

Still getting it day one, though. Can't say no to a 10$ upgrade, even if I won't touch it anytime soon.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
If only Sony could announce what their strategy for PC/Steam is, that would be very great.

I have yet to continue with Returnal and Demon's Souls Remake because of that damned Geforce Now leak.
I don't own any Sony games on steam yet, but do they tie into a PSN account at all or are thy completely separate from it?
At least with gamepass games, they tie into my Xbox/MS account, and show up as owned/played even if I don't actively subscribe (Still have Halo Wars and Gears4 from my initial free trial).

Never thought I could be a bit down about the sanctity of a Tom Clancy game being sullied, but here we are. I remember how fucking dry Rainbow 6 was in the beginning. Now it's wet. So wet.
At this point, Tom Clancy games from yore might as well not exist and hearing about a new one should not elicit excitement so much as bile in your throat.

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Hey they finally put the gold box D&D Games on Steam! It's only been about 15 years or something since they released on GOG. LMAO.

• Evil
Reactions: Tomasety

LRB1983

🎥 アダルトビデオ
Oct 8, 2021
x.com
At least with gamepass games, they tie into my Xbox/MS account, and show up as owned/played.
This is true but that said your Steam gaming session is different from the xbox gaming session and the game did not appear on your console library. PlayEverywhere do not apply for Steam owned games unlike PC games you buy on Windows store, that they really show as owned on your xbox console library. You cannot play your console game and continue it on Steam and vice versa,

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
This is like the second time this month alone that I forget that this is even coming. I know it's a rerelease but lol. I'm a huge Kojima fan, too. Was there like no marketing whatsoever? I feel like I barely even heard about it. I'm not entirely sure what the added content even is.

Still getting it day one, though. Can't say no to a 10$ upgrade, even if I won't touch it anytime soon.
It seems confusing because the PS version of the director's cut added stuff like 4K support which the PC normal version has (?). I played it in 4K resolution anyway, nothing I could find really explained all the differences in bullet points.

So main differences on PS were fidelity improvements, addition of a gadget for catapulting cargo (I can't think of a time I would have ever used that), letting you use an existing gadget on ziplines (that would have been nice like 2-3 times), and maybe some small terrain changes?

I just played through the game over the past 2 months or so for the first time and no info I could find on the DC would have been worth even $5 to me, but YMMV.

Edit: I just looked at the actual Steam page and it's borderline false advertising.

DEATH STRANDING DIRECTOR’S CUT on PC includes HIGH FRAME RATE, PHOTO MODE and ULTRA-WIDE MONITOR SUPPORT. Also includes cross-over content from Valve Corporation’s HALF-LIFE series and CD Projekt Red’s Cyberpunk 2077. Stay connected with players around the globe with the Social Strand System™.
All of that is in the non-DC version. That's just the PC version of Death Stranding. Although I never tested frame rate above 60, I guess. But I did use photo mode. The cross-over content is all stuff I used (it's helpful). The Social Strand thing is the core of the game.

They have this bullet point list:

• “Selections From ‘The Art of DEATH STRANDING’” Digital Book (by Titan Books)
• Backpack Patches
• Bridges Special Delivery Team Suit (Gold)
• BB pod customization (Chiral Gold)
• Power Gloves (Gold)
• Bridges Special Delivery Team Suit (Silver)
• BB pod customization (Omnireflector)
• Power Gloves (Silver)
Aside from the art book, those are all cosmetic things. I had power glove but they were just whatever the default color was.

So even on the Steam page you either are misled or just have no idea what the DC actually adds (they don't even mention the new gadget nor the enhancement to the carriers)

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Weren't there some new missions for Death Stranding DC ?
Anecdotal or good ? Or both ? It's the only element that would make me upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.