Community MetaSteam | March 2022 - Try Finger But Hole

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Agh that reminds me

At this stage, the XSEED-published Falcom games are probably only going to get Deck compatibility by way of developments on the Proton side of the equation.
I think the only thing holding those back are the few in-game videos they feature. Should hopefully be covered by future Proton releases.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
My AMA is starting right now
I don't know why people are still asking you to fix Souls lmao. FromSoft already has 5 games worth of experience to fix performance issues. :flare_lmao:

Also, the texture quality from the screenshot you posted is excellent. :flare_bath:

I don't suppose you'll consider implementing native HDR10 support for Zero/Azure?

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
<Tweet about Epic buying Bandcamp>

Strange.
I'm so mad, you don't even know.
Me too! I love(d) Bandcamp and usually bought my albums there. The cool thing about the service, to those who dont know: they offered purchased downloads (Mp3, lossless) but also physical media – CDs and vinyls – that came with the download additionally. It was a bit like the Steam for audio that I always wanted. It also has a streaming app for the phone where you could stream your library. Just overall a great service, that also didnt exploit artists, like Spotify does.

And now theyre in the hands of a company I despise. Fucking hell. I hope that I find an alternative. Hell, I prefer to give money to Apple instead of Epic if it comes to it. iTunes at least still lets me BUY music instead of the streaming-only hell everyone else is steering. But I guess alternatives will always pop up.

I just wish these alternatives would build there service to just be a good and sustainable business instead of aiming to be bought up by someone.

As Epic continues to gobble up any and all middleware services even tangentially related to games, I never ever want to hear anyone say how they are the underdog and not at all gunning towards becoming a monopoly in a way that Steam/Valve have never even dared.

This level of vertical and horizonal integration will not be good for anyone should they flip a switch and decide to put their own interests first. Again, lots of folks liked Google, Amazon, et al. when they first rolled into the scene since they could displace the status quo in way that seemed beneficial to folks, but now that they have their rule of the roost, they are full mask off and can do as they please with little recourse.
Yeah... exactly

This is so shitty. Now I can't support the artists I like on Bandcamp without that money going to Epic's monopolistic nonsense. With the alternatives being... Apple, Amazon, Google. Yay. Hopefully I can find a "donate" page for the artists and just pirate and pay them directly from now on.
And from those, Google already stopped selling downloadable music and went streaming only – with somehow a worse UI than before. Google Play Music was a great service that even let you upload your own stuff to build a library online. Had a shit UI but still, a great service. But Google axes services whenever they feel like it. (Looking at you, Stadia.)

ZKenir

MetaMember
May 10, 2019
i never used bandicamp so I guess I dodged another bullet, I wonder for how long I'll keep dodging

also definitely gonna get that bundle for scarlet nexus, also nice to have gears there. I don't care too much about the rest

OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Agh that reminds me

At this stage, the XSEED-published Falcom games are probably only going to get Deck compatibility by way of developments on the Proton side of the equation.
Well, like most of them, tbh.

As a reminder, Valve considers every unsupported games as a bug from their side, not from devs side, so they will keep improving Proton over and over again.

• Eyes

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
I'm on vacation next week for no reason other than I had to use a week of vacation up before the end of April... Will I play any games? I mean, I just bought Elden Ring. Guild Wars 2 has a new expansion out now that I preordered several months ago. I still haven't played very far into Pathfinder: WotR. I also just bought a handful of >$15 indie games during the last Steam sale... Will I even install one of them?

Or will I just read books and watch TV/Youtube the entire time?

On a more serious note... I want to finally play and finish Disco Elysium this month. I started it ages ago, then stopped... then justified stopping when they announced the Director's Cut. Now I have a week off and should play it cause I know I will love it.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
I've actually got a week off next week. Haven't had a proper break since October, which was just before I changed job.

Planning to finish my replay of NieR:Automata (PC). If I get that done, I'm going to move on to Marvel's Spider-Man (PS5), Yakuza Kiwami (PC) or Dishonored 2 (PC).

Hoping I can recharge my batteries, because I am burned the fuck out, big time.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Fun fact I didn't went on vacation for 5 years, and one time I took week of was to assemble new kitchen (it wasn't pre-made one, I had to do everything because I designed it and ordered materials I needed xD). I am not workaholic but I kinda don't know where to spend free time so it doesn't feel vested XD

And yes I know I am crazy.

C-Dub

Dec 23, 2018
Fun fact I didn't went on vacation for 5 years, and one time I took week of was to assemble new kitchen (it wasn't pre-made one, I had to do everything because I designed it and ordered materials I needed xD). I am not workaholic but I kinda don't know where to spend free time so it doesn't feel vested XD

And yes I know I am crazy.
I get 4-5 weeks a year and it doesn't feel like it's enough.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
I get 4-5 weeks a year and it doesn't feel like it's enough.
I legally have like 23-24 days now. But it's not an issue to take some days above that because I work for small private company and we are all good with a boss so he doesn't make big deal about that. So it's not like I can't take days off, I just don't do it xD But I feel that I will need to take some days off this year because I started taking side jobs after work so I am starting to get burned out more than usual (I mean I work on 2 smaller projects in 2 different countries and both include important people so I can't f-up things and that adds bit more stress XD).

• Eyes

Kvik

Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
That Bandcamp situation is regrettable. I know that some artists who worked on video games released their work there, although I've never used Bandcamp myself (I have OTOTOY and Juno Download for all my music needs).

It would be a shame if in a few years from now there will be "Epic Music Store" or some other ungodly monstrosity built on top of it with lesser value. :flare_sulk:

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018

Damn, what a steal lol
This bundle is nuts. I have Bloodstained, Tacoma, and Celeste already and it's STILL a no brainer insta buy. I made a giveaway in the giveaway thread with the spares for anyone who wants.

Probably just going to find spares for those 2 games out of the Choice I want and pause another month

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Of course, this bundle come out after I bought the entire Scarlet Nexus collection. :flare_lmao:

Is the Steam key a ROW (worldwide) key? I can gift it to you if you want.
And I was the one notifying the historic low on here. :cold-sweat:

Honestly I have no idea, but Bamco always does this on humble so I guess they don't want to release keys for Asian region? Thanks, btw. I will probably just grab the game later.

• Eyes

Kvik

Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Honestly I have no idea, but Bamco always does this on humble so I guess they don't want to release keys for Asian region?
Hmm... So you can't even buy Scarlet Nexus from Humble's own Store Page? :flare_think:

I had a brief look, and it doesn't seem that there is a list of restricted countries there.

• Eyes

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
As someone who doesn't own any of those games and has been eyeing Scarlet Nexus that's a pretty tempting bundle.

Random thoughts:
The Citadel dlc for ME3 has some of the funniest dialogue in any game ever.
RE Revelations 2 is underrated.
No loading when entering buildings in Yakuza 6 is a game changer.

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
Agh that reminds me

The Sky trilogy is still getting small updates occasionally.

About Steam Deck support for the Sky trilogy:
The only part of our Steam Deck test that failed is the configuration tool not working on Steam Decks. Doesn't launch at all, apparently. Valve is looking into that. I've indeed been doing my best to make these games (and others) more Steam Deck friendly in the meanwhile either way.

• Comfy
  • Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Kvik

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
Tbh that looks like it's bugged - i can't imagine this being deliberate
Edit: rewatched it, so there is a very subtle change. Ar first glance it looked like there wasn't any at all

They should fix/change this, for sure
Apparently the game is a bit of a trainwreck. At least from the impressions I've heard so far. A lot of games have issues with lighting in character creation being nothing like lighting in-game but either way that's super bad form.

• Eyes

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
  • Sad
Reactions: Alextended

Spookyfriend

Jan 27, 2019
Scarlet Nexus is not available in that bundle in my region :disapproval-blob:
Hey you are from Sea too?
I managed to purchase it by switching my humble region to USA and I managed to redeem it in my steam Account. The key is not region lock. this time.
Really Stupid of humble to remove 1 game from Sea and charge us the same price.

The same thing for Humble Monthly this month but at least we get a different game

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
So I know that Steam cheevos pops up in a new way pluswith sound on the Deck. Will this come to Windows Steam or is it something only for SteamOS on Deck?

C-Dub

Dec 23, 2018
So I know that Steam cheevos pops up in a new way pluswith sound on the Deck. Will this come to Windows Steam or is it something only for SteamOS on Deck?
I’m hoping the as much of the Steam Deck UI experience finds itself to Windows. There are obviously certain things that won’t (such as suspend and resume), but I really think they need to modernise their entire 10ft experience. Valve seems to agree so I expect the achievement notification will make its way. Eventually. In Valve time.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Japanese-made indie dungeon crawler? Nice.
Hey you are from Sea too?
I managed to purchase it by switching my humble region to USA and I managed to redeem it in my steam Account. The key is not region lock. this time.
Really Stupid of humble to remove 1 game from Sea and charge us the same price.

The same thing for Humble Monthly this month but at least we get a different game
Yeah, SEA. Thanks for the advice. A good person on here gifted it to me after the conversation. Man, there are so many generous people here. Really appreciate it.

Regarding the region-lock, I think they have been doing this for a long time. I remember one of the humble monthly in 2018 or 19 had Dark Souls 3, but somehow our region got a different game. Looks like this thing only happens to Bamco's games so I guess there must be some contractual reason behind them.

Last edited:

Gintaro

MetaMember
Feb 20, 2021
Malaysia
Japanese-made indie dungeon crawler? Nice.

Yeah, SEA. Thanks for the advice. A good person on here gifted it to me after the conversation. Man, there are so many generous people here. Really appreciate it.

Regarding the region-lock, I think they have been doing this for a long time. I remember one of the humble monthly in 2018 or 19 had Dark Souls 3, but somehow our region got a different game. Looks like this thing only happens to Bamco's games so I guess there must be some contractual reason behind them.
Same here in Malaysia. I think all of Bamco games doesn't provide third party keys in SEA countries, in my case, Humble, GMG etc all doesn't have any Bamco games listed.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Saw this on Famiboard. Yacht Club published a sales breakdown on their recent games. Really good read.
Same here in Malaysia. I think all of Bamco games doesn't provide third party keys in SEA countries, in my case, Humble, GMG etc all doesn't have any Bamco games listed.
Speaking of GMG, SQEX games are not available on there but I am able to buy them on humble. The whole situation is weird but I guess that's what we get because we are not living in "prominent" regions like the US or Europe.

Gintaro

MetaMember
Feb 20, 2021
Malaysia
Speaking of GMG, SQEX games are not available on there but I am able to buy them on humble. The whole situation is weird but I guess that's what we get because we are not living in "prominent" regions like the US or Europe.
Yeah it's definitely inconsistent between all SEA countries, just went and check and SQEX games is available on GMG for me which is weird considering its all in SEA region

Also one additional thing that sucks with GMG supporting my local currency now is that a lot of XP deals and additional discounts that is available at other regions is not available here anymore, which sucks a lot since it kinda just renders my Gold XP member useless

• Sad
Reactions: Tomasety and Cacher
Status
Not open for further replies.