Community MetaSteam | March 2022 - Try Finger But Hole

Status
Not open for further replies.

undu

Mar 17, 2019

With its new “A/B” design, there are now two operating system partitions, with two different versions of SteamOS. When upgrading, a new operating system image is written to whichever partition is not currently in use, before rebooting the system. A specialized bootloader module then automatically selects the newer operating system and boots into it. If the upgrade was successful, you continue to use the new OS, and the previous system partition is reused for the next upgrade. If the upgraded version does not boot successfully, then the bootloader automatically falls back to the previous system partition, and you can try again later. Of course, new operating system images are downloaded with block-based deltas, so only the changed parts need to be re-downloaded.
When not using Windows makes updates much more stable ;)

Dinjoralo

None shall remember those who do not fight.
Dec 6, 2018
Marvel GotG on gamepass? Sure, I'll give it a try. Doubt it'll carry my interest that much, hence why I never bought it. But hey.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and QFNS

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Considering the enhanced DMC is also on Xbox, I don’t think it’s that.

They probably didn’t think they could sell an enhanced version to PC players like they could new console owners.

By contrast, these enhanced versions of the games are free updates.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
Played Aperture Science Desk.

Short and very fun little demo.

.... but now I'm back into "Where the hell is Portal 3/Hl3?" mode when I thought I was over it :( (Alyx doesn't count since I don't have a VR headset)

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
As Epic continues to gobble up any and all middleware services even tangentially related to games, I never ever want to hear anyone say how they are the underdog and not at all gunning towards becoming a monopoly in a way that Steam/Valve have never even dared.

This level of vertical and horizonal integration will not be good for anyone should they flip a switch and decide to put their own interests first. Again, lots of folks liked Google, Amazon, et al. when they first rolled into the scene since they could displace the status quo in way that seemed beneficial to folks, but now that they have their rule of the roost, they are full mask off and can do as they please with little recourse.

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
They probably didn’t think they could sell an enhanced version to PC players like they could new console owners.
They still sold Vergil but refused to sell the extra modes and update PC with RT.

DMC5 SE was on Xbox sure but it had a marketing deal with Sony and some exclusive features at launch - RT was only coming to Xbox after launch - and it's not the first time Capcom was in bed with Sony (RE7 VR).

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
Yeah, I am never a big fan of consolodation, and really don't like it after the mess Amazon has made of comixology last month. Forced integration into a store front that was not built for selling comics, completely destroyed the desktop viewer app by using the kindle one instead (something designed for reading books and not comics), subs only available in America so all my subs where cancelled on me. The comixology app was downgraded as well. All in all the integration has made Comixology worse than it was when it first launched.

So when epic start imposing there changes (won't necessarily be immediately, took them 8 years to getting around to fucking up Comixology) it will be an absolute mess. Especially when you look at how they have treated their own store.

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
This is so shitty. Now I can't support the artists I like on Bandcamp without that money going to Epic's monopolistic nonsense. With the alternatives being... Apple, Amazon, Google. Yay. Hopefully I can find a "donate" page for the artists and just pirate and pay them directly from now on.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018

Damn, what a steal lol
Oh my.
Gonna grab. Would be an absolute killer bundle if I didn't have Bloodstained already, but it's still killer.

Cheaper than Scarlet Nexus alone, lol.
I have Celeste on itch but haven't played it yet so not gonna say no to a Steam-key (also great Deck game! :evilblob: ) - same with Tacoma.
Gears 5 is pretty dang big even though I've played 0 others Gears games before.
Cloudpunk and Severed Steel are on my wishlist too.

Status
Not open for further replies.