Community MetaSteam | March 2022 - Try Finger But Hole

Status
Not open for further replies.

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Lmao oh well, Origin key on Mass Effect LE makes this a pass then. There's some good stuff in the rest of the bundle but it's not really worth getting it without ME.

Reactions: Tomasety

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
@Kvik Since Scarlet Nexus is on sale now, I guess that means it won't show up in the JRPG sale as we hoped. That said, it's current price is still a historical low... So, might be time to jump on it?
Yep, I already got it yesterday~! :flare_lmao:

60% off is probably the most we can get these days. Now I'm thinking of getting the ultimate edition upgrade too just to complete the collection. :flare_think:
Mass Effect Legendary Edition is Origin Only
Time to pause (or cancel?)

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
SteamSpy isn't worth a hoot any more, but I wouldn't be surprised if ER has sold at least 2 million on PC already with the reviews x20-55 multiplier. IIRC, more popular games tend to have lower multipliers.

Will people even want Bloodborne now that Elden Ring is here and by all accounts is much better?
BB plays very differently from ER and I prefer the aesthetic and faster combat. Also the only way to play BB is 30 FPS which is hard to go back to after playing every other modern From game at 60 FPS.

OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Count me in for the challenge Mor :blobmorning:

Count me in too please. Love this game, although snipers managed to make me rage last night.

Mor

Challenge done.
I did it Mor !!
All added to the wall of the champions!

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019

Was randomly skimming the game manual for Scavenger SV-4 and thought the developer note at the end was great.

What struck me was the mention of budget.

I go on about the beauty of accessibility in the indie space, cheap dev tools coupled with digital distribution and such.

But those budget calculations made me feel bad for a second. Like I could be doing more with my life, lol.

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
yeah, it's soooo good! :) i need more now

Gaben, where's my Portal 3?! :negative-blob:
I agree, Valve is SO good at making funny, enjoyable single player games! HL Alyx was great but Im too lazy to plop on the headset and get back into it, I want more flatscreen fun ;) Portal 3 would be amazing. But if they come up with a new franchise I wouldnt say no either, of course! :)

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I agree, Valve is SO good at making funny, enjoyable single player games! HL Alyx was great but Im too lazy to plop on the headset and get back into it, I want more flatscreen fun ;) Portal 3 would be amazing. But if they come up with a new franchise I wouldnt say no either, of course! :)
yeah, absolutely! just give me something, ANYTHING! :p

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
I wish I read your post before claiming the games. Origin is crap 😑
check what cookies your browser is blocking – the origin website seems a bit picky if you block too much it wont let you log in.

~

yeah, absolutely! just give me something, ANYTHING! :p
And while Desk Job was great, it was also just so short :) and just leaves you wanting more :)

Blu

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
When does the offer to get a discount come in for choice? I want to try and get a discount but I don't want to skip by accident and lose my 20%.

I'm on this page now:

• This!
Reactions: Deku

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
tbh it kinda sounds like McGee was just begging them to make it possible

, i guesss to help him pitching te sequel to the publishers
as seen in his twitter header

He's worked on that for quite a while... I wonder how long it'll be before we actually see this.

BTW if you just start playing Alice Madness Returns now, that game had a bunch of quirks and was never patched as far as I know, so you might wanna tweak it! Theres guides of course, like this one: Steam Community :: Guide :: PC Port Improvement Guide 2021

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019
Time to pause (or cancel?)

I just went ahead and cancelled. I've been buying the monthly ever since the first one a few years ago (I'd pause it now and then) but recently it feels like I'm considering pausing more often or I'm just less satisfied with the ones I did buy. And while this bundle isn't too bad, I'm absolutely not paying for an Origin key when the platform itself may be deprecated or just dead in the future.

I finally crawled past the finish line in Dying Light 2. I have nothing good to say about the game anymore. It is completely unfinished and gets progressively worse the further you get into it. I remember writing in a previous post that I hadn't faced any technical issues up until that point... that changed dramatically in the second half of the game. So many glitches and bugs and scripting errors and crashes. My friend who just got a brand new 3080ti started experiencing stuttering after a recent patch. The writing was awful throughout the game and it somehow got worse at the end. The ending is insanely stupid. I also remember saying that the graphics were pretty nice but I couldn't even take screenshots because some overworld icons got bugged and stuck to my HUD. I literally spent the last 15 hours of the game with useless icons on my screen at all times because there was no way to get rid of it. I actually feel like leaving a negative review for the game on Steam out of spite for how frustrating it was to play.

I'm generally not one to play games at launch and honestly, I need to make this into a conscious habit and choice going forward. The last 3 games I've played at launch have been Deathloop, BF2042 and now Dying Light 2, and all of them were just shipped unfinished and broken. Deathloop wasn't as bad as the other two, obviously, but I still remember having issues with the game. They did fix them in a couple of patches within 2 months and they also added so blatantly obviously missing features like DLSS, but by that time I was done with the game. Nothing needs to be said about the state of 2042 and now Dying Light 2.

In other news, I finally reached level 50 in Lost Ark. Steam says I've played 80 hours but in reality a lot of time was spent on the character select menu to avoid the server queues. It seems like Amazon has given up on trying to resolve the EUC server congestion problem and they're just waiting for enough people to give up on the game so that it fixes itself. I'm on the Kadan server which I think is one of the most popular ones which means it'll also be one of the last where the issues are resolved. On the bright side, I'm still enjoying the game a lot and taking my time with it. I just reached the Arthetine continent and the steampunk aesthetic is really cool. I like how the different continents all have a very different aesthetic and self contained stories. I know there are at least 2 more continents of story stuff I have to do before looking at the end game stuff so that'll probably take me at least another week or so.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Deck coming tomorrow 9am at the earliest. Stressed about missing the delivery, still not sleeping at 4am. Easy solution, let’s not sleep.
Good god this is gonna be a long fucking morning. I have ample time to do a Deck category on Steam now :cryblob:

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
When does the offer to get a discount come in for choice? I want to try and get a discount but I don't want to skip by accident and lose my 20%.

I'm on this page now:

Le Pertti said that he thinks it was right after he clicked on the first skip button.
I got to same page as you, but I got no coupon. I think its maybe next step, but I am like you and don't want to lose 20% discount by accident

Reactions: QFNS

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
The origin version of Mass Effect LE can be played on linux, right ?
Trying to gauge if the bundle is salvageable or if it's a skip. Not the biggest Mass Effect fan, but it really cemented the deal when we thought it was a Steam key.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria

The group that hacked nvidia (Lapsus) issued further demands:

After evaluating our position and Nvidia's, we decided to add one more requirement.

We request that Nvidia commits to completely Open Source (an distribute under a FOSS License) ther GPU drivers for Windows, macOS and Linux, from now on and forever.

If this request is not met, on Friday we will release the complete Silicon, Graphics and Computer Chipset Files for all recent Nvidia GPUs.
Edit: here's an article in English

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.