Community MetaSteam | March 2023 - You know, Wo Leon, we really are the last of March

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevey

Gromlintroid
Dec 8, 2018
I'm still waiting for the day an FPS Campaign matches F.E.A.R.

... Also still waiting for the day F.E.A.R. is playable on modern PC's again. Goddamn SecuROM. :mad:
I replayed it last year on STEAM, works fine with a few fixes.

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
That's why piracy and emulation are so necessary for video game preservation. Such a shame that games from my childhood like The Punisher, Manhunt 2, Silent Hill 2, and 3 can't be bought nowadays.

I just bought Mirror's Edge, because that game is fantastic and it makes no sense that is going to be delisted for some fucking online services no one gives a shit about.
Damning thing for this topic was even today on twitter I was seeing someone who worked at a major AAA studio advocating that piracy = preservation now
I mean that's stark

Reactions: Li Kao

crimsonheadGCN

MetaMember
Jan 20, 2019
Clifton, New Jersey
www.resetera.com
Prime Gaming is giving out a free subscrpition to this and I'm not sure if this has something to do with Discord:

The reason why is because the website is a complete ripoff of Discord's website:

• Eyes
Reactions: FeedMeAStrayCat

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Slowly playing through Black Mesa which I picked up in the winter seal.

One little thing caught me off guard. And that is We've Got Hostiles was before Blast Pit.

I thought they switched those around from the OG because it didn't feel right at all.

But looking back at it...it was in fact before Blast Pit in the original.

I swear my memory of Half-Life for decades was always Blast Pit ==> We've Got Hostiles.

Damn I'm getting old. Memory has gone trash tier :disappointed-face:

But anyways the remake is fantastic. The only thing feels off is the platforming. It doesn't feel as snappy, risky and natural as the OG quake engine feel. But just a minor complaint.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Regarding UBI AI scriptwriting, this if true is scandalous. That being said, given the state of UBI storytelling, it ironically could be a very good thing.

Regarding Anonymous;Code, yeah cool ! Very ! But give me Occultic;Nine. I know, people say it released unfinished, but the title has ‘occult’ in it, so fuck you, gimme.
Isn’t it the only ; game left anyways ?

Reactions: thekeats1999

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
I welcome our AI overlords. Most video game storytelling is so bad and generic. The industry needs a real kick in the nuts.

Whether its AI voice acting or scriptwriting or wtvr. It will be a lot of fun and make of great use in the indie scene. Most indie devs are too broke to hire voice actors or writers of any kind. The first several years of this shit will be bad but once the AI becomes smarter it will be very affordable, useful and efficient. Its all still in early alpha stages for now but once its starts to heat up it will change every single game genre out there imo.

The real scary part will start when the AI becomes very good. Like 1.0 good. Imagine AI story telling and voice acting that is able to produce a better game than something like MGS2 for example. Imagine if someone like Kojima himself creates these AI applications for others to use. For now its all some shitty corporate restricted/limited chat bots or wtvr but once actual creative teams gets their hands on this stuff it will be mindblowing. We are still a longs way from that unfortunately.

Reactions: Aaron D.

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
I'm down for AI level design.
It's a completely dead field that don't even try anymore and hasn't for decades, and when I replay Lufia 2 from 1995 and see that it annihilates every single AAA that has ever existed? Yeah, welcome AI I guess.

Reactions: Aaron D.

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
lashman I usually browse the site on my phone which has a rather strict data cap. Would it maybe be possible to just post links for the games and not screenshots?

• Sad
Reactions: lashman

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
lashman I usually browse the site on my phone which has a rather strict data cap. Would it maybe be possible to just post links for the games and not screenshots?
ah dang, sorry about that :(
Wouldnt it be possible to put them in spoilertags?
Maybe i am wrong, but i got the impression content in spoilertags wll only load once you opened the tag

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

Alexandros

Nov 4, 2018
If people want the screenshots then don't remove them just for me, I'll make do and browse only when I'm on a proper connection.

• Hug
Reactions: lashman

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
I suppose it wouldn't be possible for Alexandros to only block the screenshots (and not the links) with the help of some sort of ad-blocker ?
Just asking without much hope, if the solution seems too simple, it usually is.

Personally I'm not a fan of the new steam pages in this thread, too much scrolling sometimes. But I'm also pretty certain lashman loves to do those, and I love lashman, so, eh...

Last edited:

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Check browser settings, I recall back when using opera on my dial up days to have had this option to not load images, maybe other browsers/extentions have it.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Got a mild concussion. Nurse said to keep away from screens for a bit, so I’m checking out for a while.

And so begins the boredom.
Play some boardgames with your SO / friends.

I'm back with my urge to play some. Just after buying a respectable haul in the steam sale, no desire to even play anything, it feels so great !
And that's without talking about the pricing situation on boardgames, if it's not some paper box with some used gum and a string it's 60 euros. Yeesh.

Last edited:

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
I've been playing a lot of ESO lately, and all I can think about is how badly I want to play a real TES game. I even reinstalled Skyrim(I still haven't played any of the DLC!) and installed a bunch of mods(which is overwhelming with all the dependencies!) and then was getting weird visual bugs and also crashes so I gave up on that.

As excited as I am for Starfield, all I really want is Elder Scrolls VI. I'm sure Starfield will scratch that Bethesda itch to some degree, but exploring a fantasy world is just more enjoyable to me. Knowing that TES6 is probably 5+ years away sucks.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
ah dang, sorry about that :(
Wouldnt it be possible to put them in spoilertags?
Maybe i am wrong, but i got the impression content in spoilertags wll only load once you opened the tag

Wouldn't AdBlock help? You could block steams screenshot directory.
Dunno if they are still loading when they are blocked.

Alexandros

Nov 4, 2018
I use Brave on mobile, I don't know if I can block them through that. If anyone does know I would appreciate the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.