Community MetaSteam | March 2023 - You know, Wo Leon, we really are the last of March

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
State of Unreal is live @ GDC. Never heard Tim speak before. As uncharismatic as anywhere apparently.
I dunno. I think he comes off much better in real life compared to Twitter. He obviously doesn't do much public speaking but he seems pleasant enough.

• Blobxorcism
Reactions: lashman

Rin

Indie games
Nov 25, 2022
Norway
Oh yeah i linked my Steam. feel free to add me. Once i attain member status i shall rename so its same name on both ;)

• Gib

MomoVideo

ķ͕͕̍̅͋ḭ̼͂̕lļ͓̞̙̀͗͆̊ ͉͛m͕̲̮̆̒̐̍͢e ͠
Apr 5, 2021
CS 2 tick rate system seems interesting, I wonder why it was not done before. Smoke looks amazing too. I generally understand why a lot of people might not see CS2 as anything significant because it just looks like CS:GO with some new coat of paint. Existing players that have been playing CS:GO for a decade should be happy that their existing skins carry over to the new version.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
The CS2 website:
Summer is disappointing.

No new maps is disappointing as well. Needs to have 1 or 2 new maps at launch. Too good of an opportunity to pass up a new rotation of maps but oh well.

Everything looks brighter and shinier. Smoke stuff looks amazing.

Reactions: Panda Pedinte

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
I saw people talking about sub-tick (or something similar) being used in old FPS actually (like Quake 2), back when server tick rates were pretty bad by today's standards. Maybe when server tick rates improved, it felt like it was unneeded, but now we've circled back again

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
I started playing Trek to Yomi 2 weeks ago and since then i am trying to be calm enough with every atom of my being to finish it but i feel that i am reaching my limits (and i am usually calm person in real life). I don't know how this combat system went through QA and got released (and never got fixed) in this state. It is basically RNG. And main issue is parry mechanic that is basically key to pulling out combos. It is simply random and works half time. Game teaches you to press parry/block button when you see glint on enemy sword but it simply doesn't work. And i was even fine with that because i though i will use block and sacrifice stamina but further you go, harder it gets to pass enemies with that tactic. They just start throwing so many enemies between shrines (only places where you can replenish health) and by blocking attacks you basically can't do combos that can stagger enemies that you then take finish with finisher and gain some health back. So you end up repeating sections of the game over and over again in hope that RNG will be kind to you and you will be able to do some parrying.

And it is shame because i really like visual style of the game and story is ok. But game is pushing me to the brink of losing it and i even rage quitted today, thing that i didn't do in years. And to put things into the perspective i played and finished games like Sekiro, Bit.Trip Runner and Thumper where timings are really important without going crazy like with Trek to Yomi. And i even tried it on my PC because i thought that Steam Deck latency was issue (even though i played and finished Hi-Fi Rush on Deck without issues few weeks ago doing S rank in combat without issues) but nope game was driving me crazy even on PC.

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
In the best news I've heard, Pizza Tower LOWERED REGIONAL PRICING!

Basically near to the old Steam RP standard pricing

The new regional prices are here! Again, apologies for the inconvenience.

These are the updated prices:

CNY:
GBP:
CAD:
AUD:
JPY:
KRW:
RUB:
ARS:
BRL:
CHF:
CLP:
COP:
HKD:
IDR:
135 999
INR:
KZT:
2 650
MYR:
NOK:
NZD:
PHP:
PLN:
QAR:
THB:
TRY:
UAH:
UYU:
VND:
ZAR:

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Wait you're right lmao

Are they really going to call the sequel the exact same fucking name
Maybe they're trying to overwrite the first game from existence.
I'd understand it, because that one really sucks.
But because of that I don't think the Lords of the Fallen IP has any value, so I wonder why they just didn't come up with a new name and start a new IP :shrugblob:

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
I need a single player, non VR, FPS game running on Source 2.
L4D3 (will also be an incredible multiplayer ofc)
Portal 3
In the Valley of Gods

It has to be one of those 3 if it ever happens. Maybe Valve devs will wake up one morning and decide to make it.

At this rate I don't see a Half-Life 3 until Source 3 is ready. So maybe in the early-mid 2030s. Until then we should get one of those 3 imo. I doubt Valve does nothing for the rest of the decade.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Portal 3
In the Valley of Gods

It has to be one of those 3 if it ever happens. Maybe Valve devs will wake up one morning and decide to make it.

At this rate I don't see a Half-Life 3 until Source 3 is ready. So maybe in the early-mid 2030s. Until then we should get one of those 3 imo. I doubt Valve does nothing for the rest of the decade.
so many 3s in this post, Gaben would have a heart attack if he saw it

:toucan:

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
Portal 3
In the Valley of Gods

I really doubt in the valley of the gods is going to happen, portal 3 or l4d3 is more likely if anything

The developers they absorbed into Valve themselves did other things etc and some left the company iirc

• Sad
Status
Not open for further replies.