Community MetaSteam | March 2023 - You know, Wo Leon, we really are the last of March

Status
Not open for further replies.

BO7AMMOOD

Lucas isn't sure what to do anymore
Apr 18, 2019
Great track from Sakuraba. The latest manga chapter is also something else, too. :face-with-cold-sweat:
It sure is! The soundtrack is really good overall. Sakuraba has really brought his A game here! I feel like this track would've been a better fit for Dressrosa though due to the way the guitar is used in it, but hey, I don't mind listening to this track at any chance in the game!

I've actually finally caught up with the anime just a week or two ago! I haven't read the manga yet though. I enjoy manga too but I prefer experiencing those big bombastic One Piece moments (TM) for the first time with all of the music, animation and voice acting that comes with watching the anime (Which has just been exceptional during the Wano arc btw!). However, I'm still a little tempted to read the manga as well because of how far ahead it is when compared to the anime. Feels a little painful knowing there is more or less a whole year worth of One Piece out there that I haven't experienced yet because I've stuck with the anime only so far. :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
RE4R doesn't run as good as RE2R for me. Similar but not hitting 60fps so going back to 30 for it, but it also gets a stutter every second or so and Idk what causes it, not motion blur though, guess it needs SSD. Also the 4K videos stutter a ton, they really can't have a lightweight codec for video playback, come on.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I hope ABK deal goes through just so I don't have to buy it (I assume I won't receive a promo code since I never asked about it) and since it's not on Steam and costs a fuckton of money, I'd rather play it on game pass.

Vantr

Feb 15, 2021
So Diablo IV Open Beta is out and it runs okay on the Steam Deck. You'll need to get Lutris to set up the install and now I've set it up to run in Game Mode. There are moments where the frames dip but so far it's running decently 40fps. Also controller is supported out of the box unlike D3 sooooo release Diablo IV on Steam pretty please Blizzard? For Steam Deck?

It's 4:30am here so I guess it's finally time to play RE4. Although I'd rather avoid playing horror games if I can for some reason the RE series is just an insta-play for me.

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Ended up buying RE4 and played 4ish hours and so far its great.

Capcom have some magic with their PC games.

One of the first options was which button icons do you want to use. I love that. All games should ask this when you start them up.
Then there's a tonne of other options to configure. I don't know what some of them do.

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
I played REmake 4 for about 10 minutes at night, then it crashed and I went to bed ;) I guess the Proton fixes were once again targeted mainly at AMD users and I might have to switch to playing this on Windows or Steam Deck again. We'll see. I did play it on Deck with external screen and mouse/keyboard controls for an hour approximately, and while it runs well, the low settings and resolutions make it somewhat uglier than Im okay with ;)
Its a bit of shame but I get it why thats the case. I might switch to AMD when I upgrade my hardware next time.

~

some new promo events on Steam:

~

I like how 9 people rated up that I spent 10 euros more than necessary for buying all the RE4R deluxe crap in the separate bundle (60 eur for the main game + 20 eur for the bundle) instead of just buying the deluxe edition (70 eur)

:toucan:

Censored

I didn't delete that post!. Get my post back!.
Oct 8, 2021
Resident Evil 4 remake runs perfectly fine on Steam Deck.
I pointed out a lot of slowdowns and black macroblocks with demo on stable deck OS but with all stable updates everthing seems solved with the full game (I play with protonpt 51 compatibility the same I used with demo).
Great experience and it's very nice to play it on the bed with headphones.

r3n4ud

Dr. Boom Boom
Oct 17, 2018
I played REmake 4 for about 10 minutes at night, then it crashed and I went to bed ;) I guess the Proton fixes were once again targeted mainly at AMD users and I might have to switch to playing this on Windows or Steam Deck again. We'll see. I did play it on Deck with external screen and mouse/keyboard controls for an hour approximately, and while it runs well, the low settings and resolutions make it somewhat uglier than Im okay with ;)
Its a bit of shame but I get it why thats the case. I might switch to AMD when I upgrade my hardware next time.

~

some new promo events on Steam:

~

I like how 9 people rated up that I spent 10 euros more than necessary for buying all the RE4R deluxe crap in the separate bundle (60 eur for the main game + 20 eur for the bundle) instead of just buying the deluxe edition (70 eur)

:toucan:
8 people now that I unrated you for mocking me

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Made it to the end of chapter 3 in RE4. Great stuff.
The description of the difficulty settings fooled me into choosing hardcore, ended up starting over on standard. Didn't want my first playthrough to become too frustrating. Had to turn up camera speed while aiming, default is too slow imo.

Reactions: lashman and LEANIJA

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Has anyone else's Steam downloaded the March 15 update over and over again?
Sometimes that happens on my end, usually if I manually trigger the 'check updates' from the steam menu instead of waiting for steam to autocheck, it will sort itself out.
No idea why that works though. :toucan:

Reactions: lashman

didamangi

Who do you think you are? I am!
Nov 16, 2018
Jakarta, Indonesia
steamcommunity.com
The DLSS/DLAA mod is available for RE4 Remake if you guys still don't know that. Only major issue I've found so far is white dots flickering in very few scenes.

Find the top most pd-upscaler tag and dload the re4.zip. You do need a github account to download it though.

You'll also need the DLSS dll and UpscalerBasePlugin for this to work. Maybe DLSSTweaks as well if you want some fine control over DLSS/DLAA.

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
DLSS is kinda broken, even using the nvinspector to change the lod bias, still... better than FSR.
DLAA tho', is amazing, I'm using REFramework for DLAA no viginette and a better fov, and it makes the game 300% better looking.

didamangi

Who do you think you are? I am!
Nov 16, 2018
Jakarta, Indonesia
steamcommunity.com
DLSS is kinda broken, even using the nvinspector to change the lod bias, still... better than FSR.
DLAA tho', is amazing, I'm using REFramework for DLAA no viginette and a better fov, and it makes the game 300% better looking.
Same, DLAA + no vignette + max fov in game.

I've just noticed In dlls tweaks they mention about dlaa in re engine (ResolutionOffset), might compare it to see if there's any difference/improvement.

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
Same, DLAA + no vignette + max fov in game.

I've just noticed In dlls tweaks they mention about dlaa in re engine (ResolutionOffset), might compare it to see if there's any difference/improvement.
I'm using DLSS 2.5.1 works great and theres no need to fiddle with it, and in game max fov + REframework Global FOV at 80.000...

Reactions: didamangi

ExistentialThought

Coffee Lover ♥☕
Feb 29, 2020
Fan-made total conversion mod for Darkest Dungeon 1 is out, Black Reliquary:

Looks absolutely flipping sweet

Edit: apparently cannot link the page :thinking-blob:

• Eyes
Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

Kal1m3r0

MetaMember
Jan 9, 2021
Made it to the end of chapter 3 in RE4. Great stuff.
The description of the difficulty settings fooled me into choosing hardcore, ended up starting over on standard. Didn't want my first playthrough to become too frustrating. Had to turn up camera speed while aiming, default is too slow imo.
AH! I knew it they were trying to fool me into hardcore but I went standard and don't regret it. It's true that might be a bit on the easy side but I'm really enjoying the gameplay trying new weapons and mechanics without worring too much about resources and such

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
I'm doing my first RE4R playthrough on hardcore. It's a good challenge, but the section where you have to protect Ashley while she turns the valves for the bridge was pretty frustrating because I ran out of ammo several times.

Also I'm surprised at how different the game is. Outside of the story, locales and setpieces, it feels like a completely different game.

Status
Not open for further replies.