Community MetaSteam | May 2019 - Raging About the Rats in Kamurocho

Which of these 4 SEGA games are you getting?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
A deck that proudly yells "fuck the meta"

4 Nicol Bolas, the Ravager (M19) 218
4 Drowned Catacomb (XLN) 253
4 Sulfur Falls (DAR) 247
4 Dragonskull Summit (XLN) 252
4 Nicol Bolas, Dragon-God (WAR) 207
4 In Bolas's Clutches (DAR) 54
4 Deliver Unto Evil (WAR) 85
4 Bolas's Citadel (WAR) 79
4 Augur of Bolas (WAR) 41
4 Vraska's Contempt (XLN) 129
4 Ob Nixilis's Cruelty (WAR) 101
4 Wizard's Lightning (DAR) 152
5 Island (RIX) 193
5 Swamp (RIX) 194
2 Mountain (RIX) 195

I should replace the Bolas Clutches with something else, but they fit so nice thematically
Eh no offense but I prefer to have a deck centered on creatures; Like my Dino Deck
4 Lava Coil
2 Otepec Huntmaster
4 Raptor Hatchlings
3 Drovers of the Mighty
2 Thunderherd migration
3 Savage Stomp
2 Thrashing Brontodon
2 Domri, Anarch of Bolas
3 Ripjaw Raptors
2 Charging Monsersaurs
3 Regisaur Alpha
4 Carnage Tyrant
2 Ghalta Primal Hunger
4 Rootbound Crag
11 Forest
9 Mountains

...or my current 'prototype' rush riot deck
4 Illanowar Elves
4 Lava Coil
3 Paradise Druid
2 Domri, Anarch of Bolas
4 Gruul Spellbreaker
3 Rhythm of the WIlds
4 Rekindling Phoenix
4 Nullhide Ferox
4 Sunder Shaman
2 Ghalta, Primanl Hunger
2 Banefire
10 Forests and 10 Mountains
4 Rootbound Crag

...or my Boros Feather deck
4 Defiant Strike
3 Gird for Battle
4 Sheltering Light
3 Samut's Sprint
2 Shock
3 Dreadhorde Arcanist
4 Lava Coil
4 10th district Legionnaire
4 Vernadi Shieldmate
2 Gideon Blackblade (I should replace one of my spells with a 3rd one i feel)
3 Feather, the Redeemed
4 Boros Guildgates
2 Clifftop retreats
10 plains
8 Mountains.

Control decks and their ilk gross me out.

Reactions: QFNS

Deleted member 113

"However, we will soon prepare a new game that matches Wonder Boy's reputation."

Apparently an enhanced version of this game is releasing pretty soon on the Switch. From what I can tell it looks identical but supposedly the controls are improved. Could it be that they'll be releasing the remixed version later on on Steam too and that is the reason behind the delisting? :thinking-face:

Thanks for the info, I was unaware of this new version. :)

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
"However, we will soon prepare a new game that matches Wonder Boy's reputation."

Apparently an enhanced version of this game is releasing pretty soon on the Switch. From what I can tell it looks identical but supposedly the controls are improved. Could it be that they'll be releasing the remixed version later on on Steam too and that is the reason behind the delisting? :thinking-face:

Uuuuh do previous owners get this as a free update at least? Like I don't mind keep my copy that I just bought long as we get the update for free.

BO7AMMOOD

Lucas isn't sure what to do anymore
Apr 18, 2019
Thanks for the info, I was unaware of this new version. :)
No problem! I actually found out about this just now!
Uuuuh do previous owners get this as a free update at least? Like I don't mind keep my copy that I just bought long as we get the update for free.
Keep in mind that this "remix" version is only confirmed for Switch right now, so it might not even release on Steam later on at all. I'd say it's unlikely, but Square delisted The Last Remnant last year shortly before releasing the "remastered" version for the PS4 only, so you never know. I'd say keep it for now since you can still refund it within the next two weeks, and maybe you'll know more about their plans by then.

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Keep in mind that this "remix" version is only confirmed for Switch right now, so it might not even release on Steam later on at all. I'd say it's unlikely, but Square delisted The Last Remnant last year shortly before releasing the "remastered" version for the PS4 only, so you never know. I'd say keep it for now since you can still refund it within the next two weeks, and maybe you'll know more about their plans by then.
Square is a special kind of stupid though.
God, I forgot the Last Remnant situation on PC. What a shitshow this company is.

BO7AMMOOD

Lucas isn't sure what to do anymore
Apr 18, 2019
Square is a special kind of stupid though.
God, I forgot the Last Remnant situation on PC. What a shitshow this company is.
True that! I'm actually surprised that they still haven't re-released it on PC yet. Another low key one year exclusivity deal from Sony, or just plain stupidity?

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
No problem! I actually found out about this just now!

Yeah I'll wait til the 30th and then see what they have to say about it.

BlackRainbowFT

Mouse Accelerated Member
Apr 17, 2019
Switzerland

The music reminds me a lot of Skweek's opening song:

(I think Skweek is one of my most played games on the Amiga)

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
I've been eyeing Surviving Mars yesterday and was struggling to justify it considering the amount of stuff I bought the past few months and haven't even installed yet! Which is why I chose to do the responsible thing.

YOLO :LOL:
I have no idea when I'll even play it either, to be honest.

I want both Frostpunk and Surviving Mars. But since I have a huge backlog I can't tell myself to spend more money on games that I won't be playing any time soon
And you call yourself a PC gamer...

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
True that! I'm actually surprised that they still haven't re-released it on PC yet. Another low key one year exclusivity deal from Sony, or just plain stupidity?
it's squeenix so i'm just gonna assume they somehow in their twisted minds got the idea that leaving the original up on steam would negatively impact the sales of the PS4 remaster ... because that's totally how that stuff works

Futaleufu

Laughing Chojin
Mar 14, 2019

Hmm,,, a big part of the original game's challenge was that you couldn't see what was coming to you. Playing this in 16:9 with a huge view of what comes next already makes the game easier, not even considering the new power ups.

In the original game, in later stages if you die you don't get the tomahawk back immediately so you are forced to dodge/avoid enemies. I wonder if they'll keep that in this game.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
I don't know if it was already posted, but Wonder Boy Returns will soon be removed from Steam:

If anyone is interested, here's your last chance to get it:

Not sue if I should buy it. It sound like they will just replace it with the "remix". They even say "will replace it with a game that maches its reputation", which could very well refer to the updated version (or an entirely different game)

Dec 5, 2018
Just wanna slide in to give everyone a daily reminder that curation sucks. This is probably one of the most bizarre GOG denials so far considering the history of the series.

But doesn't GOG have the OLD Wizardry games ?

On other news, after playing more kiwami 2 I've realized that I'm CPU bound, which is really annoying (cause of the random spikes).

What are the chances the overhaul comes in time for summer sale?
Didn't they mention that there would be a beta during the summer?

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Well, nu-Wizardry has little in common with old-Wizardry. But GoG holds other j dungeon crawlers like Elminage Gothic/Original so, yeah.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Maybe the rights holders of Wizardry 6/7/8 has a special arrangement with GOG and didn't want to confuse their titles with Acquire's (The developer of Labyrinth of Lost Souls)?

Either way, it's extremely stupid.

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
Maybe the rights holders of Wizardry 6/7/8 has a special arrangement with GOG and didn't want to confuse their titles with Acquire's (The developer of Labyrinth of Lost Souls)?

Either way, it's extremely stupid.
The idea of a game studio having any say in a digital store's curation is absolutely terrifying.

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
Isn't it more like a quota, though, than some mystical quality bullshit? Like they don't want too many newcomers screwing with their awesomely fine tuned machine? Or something. Just seems weird to say to developers "nope that's a phone game" or "nah, Wizardry is TOO old." When it's really that they don't want too many games to promote. Why the weird excuses.

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
The reviews weren't lying about Rage 2. It has fun combat and that's literally it. Every other aspect about this game is pure garbage, even for Avalanche open world standards. I thought mad max had some interesting elements and exploration to it, like how enemy bases were constructed like fun houses, but in Rage 2 they're mostly just open-ish outposts.

I don't even really know what's going on in the game. Some dude needs to be killed and I'm supposed to do fetch quests until the leaders are ready or some shit. The dialogue is so boring and frequent that I've actually been skipping some of it which I almost never do the first time through a game. Another 2019 game that's a surprising letdown.

Kurt Russell

SUPREME OVERLORD OF EVIL
Sep 6, 2018
Mar del Plata
The reviews weren't lying about Rage 2. It has fun combat and that's literally it. Every other aspect about this game is pure garbage, even for Avalanche open world standards. I thought mad max had some interesting elements and exploration to it, like how enemy bases were constructed like fun houses, but in Rage 2 they're mostly just open-ish outposts.

I don't even really know what's going on in the game. Some dude needs to be killed and I'm supposed to do fetch quests until the leaders are ready or some shit. The dialogue is so boring and frequent that I've actually been skipping some of it which I almost never do the first time through a game. Another 2019 game that's a surprising letdown.
I told you you would hate it :D

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
I told you you would hate it :D
To be fair hardly anyone seems to be liking this game. Combat can only carry a game so far especially when we're talking about a bloated open world game.

You sure you aren’t playing Far Cry 5?
At least FC5 had those little puzzle rooms, some of those were cool. But nah Rage 2's combat lifts it way above an Ubisoft game.

So out of the two boring open world shooters, which is better:

Metro Exodus or Rage 2?
I still need to get to Exodus but the...let's call it lack of enthusiasm for the game from people who played it has really lowered my expectations for it.

Reactions: Arsene

Matimeo

MetaMember
Oct 21, 2018
Hmm,,, a big part of the original game's challenge was that you couldn't see what was coming to you. Playing this in 16:9 with a huge view of what comes next already makes the game easier, not even considering the new power ups.

In the original game, in later stages if you die you don't get the tomahawk back immediately so you are forced to dodge/avoid enemies. I wonder if they'll keep that in this game.
Did you say EASIER? jumping up and down super excited

and how dare you all talk about Rage 2, its the perfect turn your brain off romp , after dealing with crazy people at work.
I never really got into Mad Max, guessing I like FPS more than beat em ups these days. Without Id's influence on the gunplay, I don't think I would care for it at all so there is that. Derrick01 is holding his breath, wondering IF maybe maybe I will get thru this game, any game lol.

Reactions: Derrick01

Frecklestein

Tender, Violent and Queer.
Oct 23, 2018
Surprised you STEAM sale marks who liked dailies aren't jumping on the EGS sale. They're even crazier! Games get removed from the store entirely, which makes the deals that much more exciting.

Reactions: BlackRainbowFT

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
Did you say EASIER? jumping up and down super excited

and how dare you all talk about Rage 2, its the perfect turn your brain off romp , after dealing with crazy people at work.
I never really got into Mad Max, guessing I like FPS more than beat em ups these days. Without Id's influence on the gunplay, I don't think I would care for it at all so there is that. Derrick01 is holding his breath, wondering IF maybe maybe I will get thru this game, any game lol.
You better! It's like 10 hours long if you just do story stuff, and it's not like there's any interesting side content in the game lol

Phoenix RISING

A phoenix always RISES!
Apr 23, 2019
Ann Arbor, MI
www.geeksundergrace.com

What did you think about Sekiro?

You sure you aren’t playing Far Cry 5?
FC5 was good. New Dawn tho? Yawn.

Surprised you STEAM sale marks who liked dailies aren't jumping on the EGS sale. They're even crazier! Games get removed from the store entirely, which makes the deals that much more exciting.
You're in the wrong thread. We been talking about EGS all weekend.

https://66.228.46.143/threads/epic-games-store.367/page-20

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
I guess they don't have any tech to turn sales on or off individually (as the 10$ thing is a global one-time sale that affect every single title), so if you want to "opt out" then that just means no sales whatsoever for you during sales.
It's comical how not ready for release Epic Game Store is. They should have spent another year on this thing, going by the pace of their development.

Kurt Russell

SUPREME OVERLORD OF EVIL
Sep 6, 2018
Mar del Plata
To be fair hardly anyone seems to be liking this game. Combat can only carry a game so far especially when we're talking about a bloated open world game.

At least FC5 had those little puzzle rooms, some of those were cool. But nah Rage 2's combat lifts it way above an Ubisoft game.

I still need to get to Exodus but the...let's call it lack of enthusiasm for the game from people who played it has really lowered my expectations for it.
I loved it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.