Community MetaSteam | May 2019 - Raging About the Rats in Kamurocho

Which of these 4 SEGA games are you getting?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BernardoOne

MetaMember
Oct 19, 2018
they pulled it until the sale is over, at least that's what I assume their "very soon" mean

Maybe Epic is making their store Devs crunch to make it so the discount doesn't apply to every game.

The good news is that the store is probably run by a skeleton crew. And everyone knows skeletons don't need sleep :smart-thinking-blob:

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Guys, don't sleep on A Plague Tale, the game is a masterpiece.
That's a high praise. From what I can tell from the brief time I have with the trailer, it seems to play out much like Fumito Ueda's ICO? The jury is still out whether it's merely a pale imitation of it or not, though.

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
Rage 2 and A Plague Tale are fucking legit, go play both, I'm enjoying them A LOT.
Guys, don't sleep on A Plague Tale, the game is a masterpiece.
Playing Plague today or tomorrow. Rage 2 will have to wait because Bethesda has terrible regional prices over here (actually, almost everywhere), but I'm looking forward to it.

Epic should've give customers a $10 store credit instead of an instant discount. A great way to gain users without annoying the community with moneyhatted exclusives.
If this was the only way they were spending their infinite cash, I would have already bought some tempting games from this sale. But unfortunately it isn't and come to think it... does the store even support a wallet/store credit system?

I still can't believe you can't remove a game from the sale discount.... my "programmer brain" screams a little just thinking how messy the code must be.

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
I'm still going through Yakuza Kiwami 2. I dont know why but Kamurocho and Sotenbori feel bigger and more live in this game than 0 and Kiwami 2.
The power of the Dragon Engine
Epic should've give customers a $10 store credit instead of an instant discount. A great way to gain users without annoying the community with moneyhatted exclusives.
Do they even have a wallet to put credit in?

SRossi

regretten? rien!
Dec 9, 2018
Rage 2 and A Plague Tale are fucking legit, go play both, I'm enjoying them A LOT.
Rage 2 is certainly not really bad and I too enjoy it on some level but everytime I play it I'm shocked how incredible horrible it looks. From character models and designs, texture quality and image quality it's not only bad but unbelievable. Thats a so called triple A game? Wtf. Then there are things like falling into the void, the voice acting, the keybindings for these specials (I haven't found bindings I'm comfortable with yet after around 6 hours), the slow driving and the steering with kb&m. I guess I'm coming to the conclusion it's a bad, bad game that can be enjoyable on some level (mostly the fighting).

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Rage 2 is certainly not really bad and I too enjoy it on some level but everytime I play it I'm shocked how incredible horrible it looks. From character models and designs, texture quality and image quality it's not only bad but unbelievable. Thats a so called triple A game? Wtf. Then there are things like falling into the void, the voice acting, the keybindings for these specials (I haven't found bindings I'm comfortable with yet after around 6 hours), the slow driving and the steering with kb&m. I guess I'm coming to the conclusion it's a bad, bad game that can be enjoyable on some level (mostly the fighting).
Yeah, it's strange. Some shots look totally ok, but some others are dreadful.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I still can't believe you can't remove a game from the sale discount.... my "programmer brain" screams a little just thinking how messy the code must be.
i believe they're using shopify ;) but in a way that it absolutely wasn't meant to be used ...

Do they even have a wallet to put credit in?
lol, no ... it's not even on the roadmap ;)

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
I just finished The Evil Within 2 and going from that to Plague Tale is night and day in terms of how polished the game feels and how good it looks overall. I liked TEW2 a lot but going from a suposedly AAA game to a AA game that handily beats it in every possible metric is strange.
TEW2 is full of texture pop-in, low res textures and animation glitches, Plague Tale is polished to a sheen and looks stunning. Everything is incredibly detailed and the art direction is top notch, controls are tight, there's barely any jank which TEW has in spades.
I still haven't finished the game but the story has potential to be one of my favorites in any game, music and VA are great, Amicia is shaping up to be one of the best female protags we've had in gaming. The game can be quite dark and violent so be prepared for that.

Reactions: SRossi

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
Brilliant, Operencia keeps loading and loading at launch, probably when it tries to connect and check if my gamepass subscription is still active. And then people ask why so many users only buy from Steam or drm-free stores.

Reactions: Dandy and lashman

Bhodi Li

Apr 18, 2019
Treasure Adventure Game is the best. The GOG version is behind, so grab it from the dev site if you're interested. Pro tip: don't use the in-game controller support. Add it to Steam and config it that way.
Treasure Adventure Game is the best. The GOG version is behind, so grab it from the dev site if you're interested. Pro tip: don't use the in-game controller support. Add it to Steam and config it that way.
Cool didn't know there was a newer version, man I love TAG bought the soundtrack a long time ago too!

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
Cool didn't know there was a newer version, man I love TAG bought the soundtrack a long time ago too!
I think the GOG version is 1.0, while 1.01 is available on the developers website: Robit Games but to be honest, I don't remember what (if anything) had changed. I think just staying away from the in-game controller support is probably the best tip.

I love the soundtrack as well.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Brilliant, Operencia keeps loading and loading at launch, probably when it tries to connect and check if my gamepass subscription is still active. And then people ask why so many users only buy from Steam or drm-free stores.

Reactions: derExperte

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Austrian politics are more fun to follow today than they've been in years.
Honestly, it's amazing this troop of idiots has survived for two years. At least we got a nice video out of it that shows how extremely corrupt the FPÖ actually is and how they are literally selling out Austria to the Russians. That has to hurt their votes with most of their voter base (and if not, it at least makes clear that anyone voting for them is just in for the hate and xenophobia, patriotism has no part of it)

Xiaomi

The Texas Hammer
May 12, 2019
Taiwan
Picked up Yakuza Kiwami 2 today and played it quite a bit. As far as I can tell it is a game about a hostess club manager who used to be a criminal, but who has long since forgotten whatever it was he was doing in the criminal underworld because these girls need his help to be the best, dammit. Really heartwarming story.

dfghstrbght

May 10, 2019
Picked up Yakuza Kiwami 2 today and played it quite a bit. As far as I can tell it is a game about a hostess club manager who used to be a criminal, but who has long since forgotten whatever it was he was doing in the criminal underworld because these girls need his help to be the best, dammit. Really heartwarming story.
That's pretty much me while playing.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
yup, sounds about right

BO7AMMOOD

Lucas isn't sure what to do anymore
Apr 18, 2019
Haha mine was Max Payne 3!
My brother swears by Max Payne 3! He keeps recommending it to me saying it's one of the best games he ever played!
I'm seriously considering getting Surviving Mars: Green Planet.
It looks so cool and the main game was so chill too play...
I just grabbed the First Colony Edition for $25.15CAD, which includes the base game, season pass and Deluxe Upgrade. Seems like a great deal since the season pass alone was more expensive than that($26CAD) and the Green Planet DLC was like $22CAD.
I've been eyeing Surviving Mars yesterday and was struggling to justify it considering the amount of stuff I bought the past few months and haven't even installed yet! Which is why I chose to do the responsible thing.

YOLO :LOL:

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
My brother swears by Max Payne 3! He keeps recommending it to me saying it's one of the best games he ever played!

I've been eyeing Surviving Mars yesterday and was struggling to justify it considering the amount of stuff I bought the past few months and haven't even installed yet! Which is why I chose to do the responsible thing.

YOLO :LOL:
I want both Frostpunk and Surviving Mars. But since I have a huge backlog I can't tell myself to spend more money on games that I won't be playing any time soon

BO7AMMOOD

Apr 18, 2019
I want both Frostpunk and Surviving Mars. But since I have a huge backlog I can't tell myself to spend more money on games that I won't be playing any time soon
See that's because you're actually sane. I too probably won't be playing them very soon, and if I did that would mean further neglecting stuff I purchased this year with the intent of playing them day 1 lol

Last edited:

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
Trying to uninstall dlc from the windows store is a special type of hell. If I don't remove it before getting rid of the base game, it'll remain stuck on my hard drive.

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Finally back at platinum for this season :steam_pigblanket:
Good stuff! What have you been playing this season? I've had some good times with that mono-green "Tron" deck using Nissa, Who Shakes the World.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Trying to uninstall dlc from the windows store is a special type of hell. If I don't remove it before getting rid of the base game, it'll remain stuck on my hard drive.
still hoping they'll just re-release everything on steam and put winstore out of its misery

Reactions: Ge0force

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
Yeah I had this exact problem. Took a long time to find an application that would allow me to access these portions of the system. Probably a DRM thing, but DRM taken to another level. Hate it.

Can't recall which application I used which finally did allow me to delete the files but I was a bit afraid downloading sketchyish apps to solve the problem...

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Good stuff! What have you been playing this season? I've had some good times with that mono-green "Tron" deck using Nissa, Who Shakes the World.
A deck that proudly yells "fuck the meta"

4 Nicol Bolas, the Ravager (M19) 218
4 Drowned Catacomb (XLN) 253
4 Sulfur Falls (DAR) 247
4 Dragonskull Summit (XLN) 252
4 Nicol Bolas, Dragon-God (WAR) 207
4 In Bolas's Clutches (DAR) 54
4 Deliver Unto Evil (WAR) 85
4 Bolas's Citadel (WAR) 79
4 Augur of Bolas (WAR) 41
4 Vraska's Contempt (XLN) 129
4 Ob Nixilis's Cruelty (WAR) 101
4 Wizard's Lightning (DAR) 152
5 Island (RIX) 193
5 Swamp (RIX) 194
2 Mountain (RIX) 195

I should replace the Bolas Clutches with something else, but they fit so nice thematically

Reactions: QFNS

Deleted member 113

I don't know if it was already posted, but Wonder Boy Returns will soon be removed from Steam:

If anyone is interested, here's your last chance to get it:

BO7AMMOOD

Apr 18, 2019
I don't know if it was already posted, but Wonder Boy Returns will soon be removed from Steam:

Well that's a shame, but at least they're notifying people about the delisting. Glad I bought it last summer sale at a good discount. Phew!

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com

When will it be delisted? Will it have a final sale before delisting? Why do I want it now? :D

Reactions: Deleted member 113

BO7AMMOOD

Apr 18, 2019
"However, we will soon prepare a new game that matches Wonder Boy's reputation."

Apparently an enhanced version of this game is releasing pretty soon on the Switch. From what I can tell it looks identical but supposedly the controls are improved. Could it be that they'll be releasing the remixed version later on on Steam too and that is the reason behind the delisting? :thinking-face:

Status
Not open for further replies.