Community MetaSteam | May 2019 - Raging About the Rats in Kamurocho

Which of these 4 SEGA games are you getting?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
PhaZZe I used to run custom audio & gfx drivers on my old rigs but i haven't ran custom gfx drivers for a good few years. I've no idea if those drivers you linked are worth disabling driver signing or not. Hopefully one of the more technical minds can say more,

Try the PC Hardware Thread

Reactions: PhaZZe

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
There is something wrong with Dark Souls 2 SotFS. Every time I launch it begins by installing Microsoft VC Redist Package.

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
There is something wrong with Dark Souls 2 SotFS. Every time I launch it begins by installing Microsoft VC Redist Package.
You will probably have to mess with your Win registry in order to fix that. Something about one of the redist not being properly marked as installed there.

Reactions: Panda Pedinte

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
I'm still behind of my Atelier and probably won't be up to speed any time soon consider how KT tends to price their games.
:frowning-face-with-open-mouth:

There are handful of games that don't properly clear the "first time install" thingamabob but you can manually fix it but I don't remember how. It sucks. I think I remember Darksiders 2 being one of those as well.
I just fired up A Plague Tale: Innocence, is there something going on with the depth of field? Tons of things look blurry.
It has quite strong chromatic aberration, maybe that's what you seeing, I think you can tweak it off from ini, maybe? So I heard anyway.

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
I really like an Artistic use of Chromatic Aberration as in Life is Strange and Bloodborne. It's probably one the effects I play around with most in ReShade, and it's CPU/GPU processing cost is near 0 anyway. The really taxing stuff is DoF, MXAO, Adaptive Sharpen, and Gaussian blur.

I've been working on Automata and wanted to share some screens but Adobe cloud is being dumb... My screenshots are always above 10MB so that makes it really hard to find other websites that will host them...

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
I can't explain how or why but chromatic aberration in most games gives me a headache after a while. Lords of the Fallen was one of the worst for me and unfortunately Bloodborne was too. I stuck with Bloodborne as long as I could but was never able to finish it. :crying-face:

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
I can't explain how or why but chromatic aberration in most games gives me a headache after a while. Lords of the Fallen was one of the worst for me and unfortunately Bloodborne was too. I stuck with Bloodborne as long as I could but was never able to finish it. :crying-face:
If it's too strong I don't get headaches but actually my stomach gets nauseous, however I felt that was part of the appeal for Bloodborne. :p

I think the headaches reported by people who don't like CA is a result of Eye-strain more than anything else. Well that's my theory anyway, based on experimenting with color channel separation in Photoshop. Like looking at those 3D-pictures with the separated red/blue without the 3D-glasses. o_O

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
If it's too strong I don't get headaches but actually my stomach gets nauseous, however I felt that was part of the appeal for Bloodborne. :p
Ha! That would certainly heighten the experience in a weird way. :LOL:

And yeah you could be right about eye strain. As long as I don't focus on it I'm usually fine but some games it's really hard to avoid. Thankfully there's either a setting or a workaround nowadays.

Reactions: NarohDethan

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
I really like an Artistic use of Chromatic Aberration as in Life is Strange and Bloodborne. It's probably one the effects I play around with most in ReShade, and it's CPU/GPU processing cost is near 0 anyway. The really taxing stuff is DoF, MXAO, Adaptive Sharpen, and Gaussian blur.

I've been working on Automata and wanted to share some screens but Adobe cloud is being dumb... My screenshots are always above 10MB so that makes it really hard to find other websites that will host them...

I guess I'm playing LiS soon, since people seem to be very down on it :p

So far I'm not that impressed with A Plague Tale, two chapters in. I guess shit goes down later, given the reactions I've been reading.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Life is Strange is really cringey, your choices dont really matter much and Episode 5 sucks but its super charming and I love it anyway.

Maybe its because I played it as the series aired with my sister and we both talked about it and made theories about it all the time. (we’re also both big dumb gay babies so we were shipping Max and Chloe pretty hard) But despite absolutely hating the entire final episode I still loved it? I guess my feelings towards it are strange.

I’m loving Life is Strange 2 though. Episode 3 was amazing.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Speaking of nausea, the first time I put on a Vive headset, after the first 10 minutes I want to puke so bad I had to lay down for 15 minutes. Then another time I try the Playstation one, and I had to get out of the store because of the same reason.

Maybe VR just isn't for me.
:wd_rainbow:

BlackRainbowFT

Mouse Accelerated Member
Apr 17, 2019
Switzerland
I wonder why developers persists in including chromatic aberration when most people will turn that off on the first opportunity. I'd rather they spend the post-process budget on better TAA, AO, or SSR.
Yup. It always ends up looking straight up disgusting in a old-school stereo 3D kind of way.

Has anyone tried to wear anaglyph glasses with chromatic aberration on? I wonder what that would look like o_O

Reactions: Kvik

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Speaking of nausea, the first time I put on a Vive headset, after the first 10 minutes I want to puke so bad I had to lay down for 15 minutes. Then another time I try the Playstation one, and I had to get out of the store because of the same reason.

Maybe VR just isn't for me.
:wd_rainbow:
I've only tried PSVR so far and this was my experience as well. I had to play in small doses, like 15 minutes at a time, and work my way up slowly over the course of a couple weeks until I could withstand 45 minutes or so.

Ginger tea also helped! Since ginger tea helps me with motion sickness I tried it with VR and it also helped me there.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Anyone know what the "with bonus" is? :unsure:

In other news, those who purchase Atelier Lulua digitally or physically within the first month of launch will receive the “Innocent Fairy” and “Fish Girl” costumes for Lulua via DLC. It will not be for sale in the future.

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever

So, basically, the free DLC listed on the store page:

In other news, those who purchase Atelier Lulua digitally or physically within the first month of launch will receive the “Innocent Fairy” and “Fish Girl” costumes for Lulua via DLC. It will not be for sale in the future.
Thanks. (y)

Terrible time to be a cosmetics addict. For now I must resist.

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Theswweet

Dirty Weeb
Mar 12, 2019
If there's an Atelier sale, I'll buy the Arland Trilogy. I have Dusk on Vita (and haven't played any of 'em besides an hour or so of Ayesha), but what's 3 more games for the pile?

fearthedawn

Apr 19, 2019
I'm in the same boat, chromatic aberration triggers my migraine. I have an old monitor collecting dust in a corner because i need to keep it as it has a bad looking sharpening effect that for some reason makes bloodborne playable for me.

Deleted member 113

I'm not really a big fan of VNs, but I just came across one that was just updated to include an English translation, that is billed as a murder mystery (a genre I like), and is very inexpensive.

Is anyone familiar with this game:

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Atelier Lulua costs $85 Kangaroo Bucks (or $77 with 10% discount) in my region lmao. $95 for the deluxe edition. At least it doesn't have Denuvo, so you're not actually paying for Snake Oil on top of that premium.

Reactions: 「Echo」

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
lmao, keep dreaming :p you know very well nothing will be more than 50% off ;)

Somebody tweet them asking about the pc version
Also for inclusing easy driving mode so that my 3 year ols cousin can blast his funky customized car with ease.

Status
Not open for further replies.