Community MetaSteam | May 2019 - Raging About the Rats in Kamurocho

Which of these 4 SEGA games are you getting?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
Is there any way to all to tell the difference between a brownout related reboot or some hardware-level issue? Happened today on my PC when under light load. There are thunderstorms in the wider area and brownouts do occur sometimes. Windows log just says unexpected reboot. I don't have a UPS.

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
Speaking of games published by 505 Games.

Reviews went Mostly Negative, was interested but apparently the devs break more than they fix with each update and who knows when they'll abandon it completely.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
You should tweet him to pick up Kajko & Kokosz point and click as well.
pretty sure he wouldn't be interested, lol :p

also - there's a MUCH bigger chance of GOG getting that one, you know that ... speaking of which, Sołtys on GOG when?

Myradeer

Rayon de Soleil
Apr 17, 2019
damn, yeah ... that sucks :(

still - i'm gonna play it anyway ... might as well since i already bought it :p

plus - the fact that it's 5h long is acutally a plus for me ;)
Probably not relevant, but I do also have to mention that Truberbrook's Asian translation is outright unplayable with nonsense and frequently outright wrong dialogues.

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
pretty sure he wouldn't be interested, lol :p

also - there's a MUCH bigger chance of GOG getting that one, you know that ... speaking of which, Sołtys on GOG when?
They released way more crappier games already. :)
I don't think GOG cares for Polish games anymore, they are being run by the American branch.
Maybe on next Independence Day....

Reactions: 「Echo」

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
Is there any way to all to tell the difference between a brownout related reboot or some hardware-level issue? Happened today on my PC when under light load. There are thunderstorms in the wider area and brownouts do occur sometimes. Windows log just says unexpected reboot. I don't have a UPS.
Not really. If your PSU stopped sending the juice for your board, that's all we will be knowing. Why it did stop will be a mystery unless you test it.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
They released way more crappier games already. :)
I don't think GOG cares for Polish games anymore, they are being run by the American branch.
Maybe on next Independence Day....
damn, that sucks ... we're still missing so many ...

oh well ... guess i can always find them online if i REALLY want to play them again ... still - would be nice to have it in one place

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
Stories Untold is the next free Egg game. I wonder if you have to give up your first born to get an exclusivity deal?

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Fired up EGS to see. It's doing a 300MB update to Fortnite. It's still going crazy slow with crazy HDD activity for such a tiny patch, EGS is such a mess :/

How is this still acceptable? Steam unlocking the preloads for games of tens of gigs is faster than this bs >_>

Edit: aaand it just finished as I edit this. Note the time difference between posting (it took me a while to notice too though I could hear my HDD). Wtf...

Last edited:

hankenta

Dec 9, 2018
I've never understood the appeal of the Lego games. I remember being interested in the first Lego Star Wars when it was announced, but I lost interest after actually playing the game on a demo kiosk. I can't see how they're engaging for anyone who's not a child or playing with their child.

I do respect the graphics of the Lego Movie game where everything actually looks like it's made out of Lego. That's cool.

PhaZZe

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
yesterday installed borderlands 2, already completed the first one with my friends.
was starting and my game stuck, then i changed the physix graphics to low and everything works, anyone here maybe know if this is a know issue or maybe is only me.
and i read i can activate hbao+ in bl2 with nvidia inspector but not sure if i did correctly.
Thanks!
gtx 1070!

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018
Better this than NOLF.
You should tweet him to pick up Kajko & Kokosz point and click as well.
You heathen! How dare you speak ill of Cate Archer's adventures?

Fired up EGS to see. It's doing a 300MB update to Fortnite. It's still going crazy slow with crazy HDD activity for such a tiny patch, EGS is such a mess :/

How is this still acceptable? Steam unlocking the preloads for games of tens of gigs is faster than this bs >_>

Edit: aaand it just finished as I edit this. Note the time difference between posting (it took me a while to notice too though I could hear my HDD). Wtf...
To be fair, Let It Die on Steam does the same. It takes more than 10 minutes for a few hundred MBs worth of patches each time it gets updated. I wonder if it has something to do with the way the game stores its files.

OMEGALUL

Apr 15, 2019
Which Yakuza game on steam is the one with the best Sega arcade games? I always wanted to try O but its always on sale when I'm broke Pepehands

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
VF2 is already on PC tho.
Last Bronx was a better game of the 1st Sega PC port batch
But you can't buy it digitally/easily and even if you manage to run it well on a modern PC it's not arcade perfect, like the Saturn port it has 2D backgrounds etc.

I liked LB but it was VF with weapons and had too small a roster, sequels would have been great though.

Kiwami 2 also has Virtual On :)

Last edited:

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
I'm really intrigued by A Plague Tale, the game seems to be right up my alley.
I wish I could afford games at full price, fucking hell.

rybrad

Apr 22, 2019
I've never understood the appeal of the Lego games. I remember being interested in the first Lego Star Wars when it was announced, but I lost interest after actually playing the game on a demo kiosk. I can't see how they're engaging for anyone who's not a child or playing with their child.
I think you have to really like the IP and playing through the stories of them. I generally buy them when they are $5 and play for a few hours until I get my fill and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.