Community MetaSteam | May 2019 - Raging About the Rats in Kamurocho

Which of these 4 SEGA games are you getting?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
Glorious Model O mouse get. Living up to the hype so far and even looks supernice in white (usually not a fan) thanks to the holes and RGB, now to hope for good longevity. Also looking at my growing mouse collection I might have developed a new addiction But yeah, want a light mouse ~50€ and like the shape, this is the one to beat, especially with Finalmouse dropping the ball hard.

I tried both and I can't do it, how do you guys drive around just fine? lol
Absolute Drift you mean? Practice, gotta git gud. And a gamepad. For me there's always a point with drifiting in those games when it clicks, one second I'm hitting all them walls, the next, godly.

---

I'll still keep my preorder, German review I watched first made it sound like a good game, just nothing new. Fine by me and I'm a sucker for games or movies set on ships.

Last edited:
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I'll still keep my preorder, German review I watched first made it sound like a good game, just nothing new. Fine by me and I'm a sucker for games or movies set on ships.
well at least IGN gave them a 9/10 :p

Big_Al

Miserable old git
Jan 22, 2019
So I've got all these games to play and what do I end up doing randomly, reinstalling Warhammer 40k: Space Marines :p Finished it in one sitting as well, still a fantastic game and makes me desperately sad we didn't get any sequels. There's something to be said about going back to older games and cranking up the resolution and playing at 144fps. PC version is still very good as well, only disappointing thing was no FOV slider but no biggy, didn't bother me too much and I didn't need to bother hunting for a mod or settings to change.

Just to add....

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE MAAAAAAAAAAAAARIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINEEEEEEEEEES!

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Also, only ~15% of all steam reviews of the new Total War are in English. I thought that was very interesting.
i mean ... it was pretty obvious something like that would happen :p they basically made that game specifically for China

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
i mean ... it was pretty obvious something like that would happen :p they basically made that game specifically for China
I fully expected it to do really well there, but just ~15% English-language sales (if that's around 1:1 with reviews, and I don't see why it wouldn't be) is still a lot more lopsided than I would have thought!

Big_Al

Miserable old git
Jan 22, 2019
I like this type of event (ie. ones involving doing interesting stuff with your existing library and play data), even though I won't be able to participate much this year.

Also, only ~15% of all steam reviews of the new Total War are in English. I thought that was very interesting.
It's apparently been doing very well in China and is very much respected by the chinese games playing public/press over there so getting quite a bit of attention.

EDIT - As lashman said :p

Ganado

¡Detrás de tí, imbécil!
Nov 6, 2018
Epic QD forgot to take Steam references out of Heavy Rain.

Seems to have native Steam Input support too. (once it's released on Steam)

They really fucked up on the mouse support though, disgusting acceleration and 30fps in menu :sick:.

sauce

Babushkats
Dec 3, 2018
Is anyone playing Left 4 Dead 2 in the Free Weekend and doesn't own it? Because this is the first time in 7 years anyone can get the Good Guy Nick achievement, and so hit me up if you are (although I'm likely to be useless because I've never played L4D2 rip).

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
After watching a long stream of Between the Stars it became an instabuy.

So next week looks like this:
Whew.

So I've got all these games to play and what do I end up doing randomly, reinstalling Warhammer 40k: Space Marines :p Finished it in one sitting as well, still a fantastic game and makes me desperately sad we didn't get any sequels. There's something to be said about going back to older games and cranking up the resolution and playing at 144fps. PC version is still very good as well, only disappointing thing was no FOV slider but no biggy, didn't bother me too much and I didn't need to bother hunting for a mod or settings to change.

Just to add....

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE MAAAAAAAAAAAAARIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINEEEEEEEEEES!
Fellow Space Marine fan here, yay, the multiplayer was fantastic too when it worked (p2p afair).

Last edited:

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com

Just to add....

I beat it the other day, it is a solid shooting game, with some annoying sections here and there but it if one wants to experience a shooter from the PS360 era that kind of defines the game philosphy they had for this style of shooting game, I'd recommend Space Marine.
Helps that the weapons have a nice feel to them, although the Melta Gun being only 10 rounds is lame because it is the coolest weapon in the game.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018

Finished Tokyo Dark within just short of 4 hours. I wouldn't call the story super grand and amazing, but it was interesting and entertaining enough.
The beginning ~hour was a nightmare for me because the game auto-saves everything and it appears that all the little things you do affect your "stats" (sanity, investigation, prefessionalism and neurosis). Was constantly wondering if I made the right choice, missed something, locked myself out of something, etc. Though ultimately I just accepted it's style and went with the flow and that was for the better, because it doesn't look like those things matter all that much?

And then you unlock New Game+ where it gives you proper save slots and allows you to skip "unnecessary" scenes. I will probably try and go for a few other endings.
I know some here played it, what was the first ending you got?
For the record, mine was "Only A Child", aka saving Reina

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I just saw that the Beta-branch of Kiwami 2 has the option to disable the DoF \o/
Time to jump back in.

Reactions: lashman

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
I tried both and I can't do it, how do you guys drive around just fine? lol
Absolute Drift you mean? Practice, gotta git gud. And a gamepad. For me there's always a point with drifiting in those games when it clicks, one second I'm hitting all them walls, the next, godly.
Yeah. This. At some point it just clicked and I was drifting around like Vin Diesel. I find going very easy on the throttle and taps on the handbrake but really its just a feel thing.

Really looking forward to the next game.
Looks like they have a follow up coming out soon.

Reactions: derExperte

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
The cutscenes in Max Payne 3 are really annoying to look at with all their whacko effects.

For that matter, anyone know how to disable bloom and Blur at least?

Reactions: NarohDethan

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
Is anyone playing Left 4 Dead 2 in the Free Weekend and doesn't own it? Because this is the first time in 7 years anyone can get the Good Guy Nick achievement, and so hit me up if you are (although I'm likely to be useless because I've never played L4D2 rip).
I've gotten back into it thanks to the spring cleaning thing so I'd be willing to help out but I do own the game. So I wouldn't be much use when it comes to the achievement though if you happen to need an extra player I'm somewhat better than the ai at least.. maybe.

Reactions: Li Kao and sauce

sauce

Babushkats
Dec 3, 2018
I've gotten back into it thanks to the spring cleaning thing so I'd be willing to help out but I do own the game. So I wouldn't be much use when it comes to the achievement though if you happen to need an extra player I'm somewhat better than the ai at least.. maybe.
It apparently works if you use a burner account. I'm down for playing it either way, you'd definitely be better than me cos I've never played L4D before. 😅

Reactions: PossiblyPudding

BO7AMMOOD

Lucas isn't sure what to do anymore
Apr 18, 2019

hankenta

Dec 9, 2018
Half Life 2 is still a good game. This week is a good excuse to play it if you haven't already.

The game is well paced. It has a nice structure where all of the game happens in "real-time", so you get both day-time and night-time levels that make sense in the context. Ravenholm is a cool zombie level that can be a lot of fun if you abuse the gravity gun and saw blades. The gravity gun is still neat.

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
It apparently works if you use a burner account. I'm down for playing it either way, you'd definitely be better than me cos I've never played L4D before. 😅
That's actually a good idea with the burner, didn't even consider that. I can get one created if needed.

Well I have the benefit of somewhat remembering the levels I suppose but when I played last night the ai was kind of putting me to shame given how rusty I was. :LOL:

Reactions: NarohDethan

BO7AMMOOD

Lucas isn't sure what to do anymore
Apr 18, 2019

That's weird, the client seems to mesh the overlay as part of the game's graphics.
That's always been the case for me, which is why I disable the screenshot notifications and use a different FPS monitoring overlay that I toggle off.

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
Not playing Half Life yet being a PC gamer? I cannot even fathom how you exist.

I was so into Half Life I was playing all those leaked / stolen versions etc... I got TWO Half Life 1 logo hats because the time between my preorder and getting my copy was so large they had different store policies on the free hats.

sauce

Babushkats
Dec 3, 2018
I played all the HL2 episodes for the first time like, 2 years ago? But I haven't played Half Life ever.

That's actually a good idea with the burner, didn't even consider that. I can get one created if needed.

Well I have the benefit of somewhat remembering the levels I suppose but when I played last night the ai was kind of putting me to shame given how rusty I was. :LOL:
I actually managed to get it already but I added you anyway lol. i am so bad, i can't see shit in this game :loudly-crying-face:

Status
Not open for further replies.