Community MetaSteam | May 2020 - We May Or May Not Be Around In June!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kafiend

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Oh no! my fountain pen completely broke! How will I look cool writing now!? Seriously though this sucks.:(

Edit: Just saw that the pen has a two year warranty that goes out in august! Just need to store to open so I can go there.:D I have a warranty paper but not the receipt, how likely will it work?
Don't know how it works where you are but a lot of the time here in the UK warranty returns to the manufacturer after a period of time inside the guarantee.

By this I mean that if it goes wrong inside say a month it goes back the shop, after a month it can go back to the shop OR they can tell you to take it up with the manufacturer of the item. So you will probably have better luck trying to contact the maker of the pen as well as the shop.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Don't know how it works where you are but a lot of the time here in the UK warranty returns to the manufacturer after a period of time inside the guarantee.

By this I mean that if it goes wrong inside say a month it goes back the shop, after a month it can go back to the shop OR they can tell you to take it up with the manufacturer of the item. So you will probably have better luck trying to contact the maker of the pen as well as the shop.
Aah thanks! Will try the shop first and then the manufacturer. All just for a pen;XD

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Just found the game I would love to play online, Post Scriptum! Like a blend of Red Orchestra and old school Battlefield, fuck yeah. Now patiently wait for a sale haha.

Anyone play it?

ZKenir

MetaMember
May 10, 2019
Started a couple of visual novels to see what I'll stick with since I was in the mood after Tales of Vesperia, one of them being 428: Shibuya Scramble overall it seems interesting, including the mechanics regarding the storytelling, but I must say that the "real people" thing kinda bugs me when they act like I would expect anime characters to act. I expected this to happen which is why I waiting so long to purchase and play it, oh well I'll see how this goes.

Maybe I should have tried Baldr Sky instead, but I was in the mood for something less "gamish" and more relaxing, well next time I guess

Last edited:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
New batch of one and done games Im installing:

Gorogoa
11-11 Memories Retold
Her Story
I Am Bread
Katana Zero
Last Day of June
Planet Alpha
The Sexy Brutale
The Silent Agt
Super Meat Boy
That Dragon,Cancer
Virginia

They are all somewhat short, pretty much all of them are under 5 hours of gameplay each it seems, so after those are done I will go for some longer games.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France

Gorogoa
11-11 Memories Retold
Her Story
I Am Bread
Katana Zero
Last Day of June
Planet Alpha
The Sexy Brutale
The Silent Agt
Super Meat Boy
That Dragon,Cancer
Virginia

They are all somewhat short, pretty much all of them are under 5 hours of gameplay each it seems, so after those are done I will go for some longer games.

That is it, you are a robot. I don't know how you are so effective at finishing games, it is quite a feat. :SeemsGood:

Maybe remove Super Meat Boy from the list.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Lordy, I don't know if I will be able to 100% ending Drakengard.
Get all 65 something weapons of the game ? Replaying maybe 80% of the missions in order to do so ? :sweaty-blob:
I'm near Ending A but this is hitting me hard. And ffs the game is getting difficult :cryblob:

Reactions: PossiblyPudding

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
That is it, you are a robot. I don't know how you are so effective at finishing games, it is quite a feat. :SeemsGood:

Well the pandemic gave me a lot more free time. :)

Reactions: PC-tan

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
I just noticed that Steparu is back these days (probably due to quarantine). It's been so long since he (or she, not sure) was still active. The website has all been abandoned.

Reactions: DeejayDoom

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
I just noticed that Steparu is back these days (probably due to quarantine). It's been so long since he (or she, not sure) was still active. The website has all been abandoned.

I really love the aesthetic in this. Looks neat.
Gameplay... less so.

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018

Oh wow, they've been gone for quite a while. Now there's a bunch of other high quality footage channels for Asian MMOs on YT, but for years that was definitely the best way to see some true gameplay without commentary.

Also, Blue Protocol seems to be reeeally good.
A bit of instanced open world like Guild Wars 2, a lot of Monster Hunter-like progression with pure crafting rather than gear drops... and a rock solid anime story to follow, the cut scenes are incredibly well done. Extremely early however, especially since they use player feedback to make sweeping changes with every test.
Also it's Bamco, so it's less likely to turn into a cash shop fiesta (for cosmetics it's another matter, since your armor doesn't have stats though).

Reactions: texhnolyze

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Also, Blue Protocol seems to be reeeally good.
A bit of instanced open world like Guild Wars 2, a lot of Monster Hunter-like progression with pure crafting rather than gear drops... and a rock solid anime story to follow, the cut scenes are incredibly well done. Extremely early however, especially since they use player feedback to make sweeping changes with every test.
Also it's Bamco, so it's less likely to turn into a cash shop fiesta (for cosmetics it's another matter, since your armor doesn't have stats though).
So what's the character progression like if the gear doesn't have stats? Dropping points into a character and skill sheet on level up?

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018

Yeah nobody has any chance in the world of finishing their backlog and people should stop trying. Except Fantomena. He'll be on his backlog of games he hasn't finished at least twice by the time everybody else quits for good.

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
So what's the character progression like if the gear doesn't have stats? Dropping points into a character and skill sheet on level up?
I guess it could be something like PSO2?
In PSO2, costumes don't have stats at all, instead of that there's 3 slots of defensive equipment named "units", rear slot, arms slot and legs slot. (Naturally weapons have their own stats as well).
The best thing about those units equipments is that they can be hidden, so they don't get in the way of a character's appearance.

(Note that I have no idea how Blue Protocol handles that).

Reactions: beep boop

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Lordy, I don't know if I will be able to 100% ending Drakengard.
Get all 65 something weapons of the game ? Replaying maybe 80% of the missions in order to do so ? :sweaty-blob:
I'm near Ending A but this is hitting me hard. And ffs the game is getting difficult :cryblob:
How hard is the game? I did want to play throuh the game and get all the endings.

Gorogoa
11-11 Memories Retold
Her Story
I Am Bread
Katana Zero
Last Day of June
Planet Alpha
The Sexy Brutale
The Silent Agt
Super Meat Boy
That Dragon,Cancer
Virginia

11-11 is pretty good.

The first half was okay but the second half is when things really start to pick up.

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
It's mostly about crafting and leveling up your weapons.
And indeed, there are modules to add to your character for stats (5 right now I think?), plus two monster slots that give you active skills.
Everything has to be crafted from components, and right now it's an issue: you only have 30 inventory slots... and what components you get is not known until you go back to the city. Baffling, but probably going to change.

Deleted member 113

Well, this has been quite a morning. :(

Good news: after years using a 1680x1050 monitor (yeah, I know, I know; it's funny how I used this monitor on 3 PCs, without upgrading it), I now reached (at least temporarily) 1980x1080!!!

Bad news: well, after buying some games and films, paying all my monthly bills (including a monthly instalment of almost 600€ for building repairs), and coming back from spending almost 400€ in food and goods at the supermarket (which should last me and my wife for a couple of months, at least), I'm kind of "broke-ish", but I thought "oh well, at least I'll barely spend any money until the next pay day". Yeah right: I'm working (from home), and in the middle of doing something for a client, my monitor is gone. So yeah, I'll need to buy a new one. :disappointed-face:
I'm using the one from my workplace (I brought it home to test if the problem was really with the monitor).

Any suggestions for a cheap, good monitor?
I'm not really looking to spend a lot of money. 1980x1080 is fine.
The one I'm using from Samsung is decent, and I believe it was cheap-ish.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
How hard is the game? I did want to play throuh the game and get all the endings.
Depends on the player I suppose.
I guess the pain is also multiplied by the horrible gameplay, making me less patient. I swear I just passed a mission consisting of waves after waves of enemies, and the player agency is positioning and mashing Square Square Triangle or some super basic combo. One healing item in the level, and if you die, go back to mashing those fucking buttons. I swear my wrist is not okay with this level of mashing.

And as I said, to unlock the last ending (the one linked to Nier IIRC) you have to get all 65 weapons of the game. As I was not bright enough to follow a guide, I had to replay some levels. Wasn't too bad as a lot of weapons seem to be located in later endings).

The game has a great atmosphere and characters, but the gameplay is very barebone.

Reactions: PC-tan
Status
Not open for further replies.