Community MetaSteam | May 2020 - We May Or May Not Be Around In June!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oheao

Jun 29, 2019
Has anyone here played Wrath: Aeon of Ruin? What did you think of it?

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
Meanwhile at console land:
Mulaka getting patch with improved level design, performance, and more languages... exclusively for <7000 unit physical release

I clicked through to Castle of Heart on their store, and it mentions that "The physical release version of Castle of Heart exclusively features optional d-pad controls. (The digital version only controls via analog stick.)"

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018

👀👀👀

plsdontbeopenworldplsdontbeopenworldplsdontbeopenworldplsdontbeopenworldplsdontbeopenworld

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Yeah I believe so that's the case
The Dungeon Siege one I THINK is fixed and the Deus Ex one is still being worked on but I would have to look into it more for rooting around forums
Squeenix/Eidos getting sloppy

👀👀👀

plsdontbeopenworldplsdontbeopenworldplsdontbeopenworldplsdontbeopenworldplsdontbeopenworld
They'd make it like they do all their other series, just less like Assassin's Creed, given that series origin as a POP game. It's how tthey do things that aren't rayman. Find a formula, wrap everything in that formula until the well runs dry.
Maybe rotate the two series every couple years but have them be fundamentally similar from a gameplay mechanic standpoint?

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
it will 1000000% be open-world with an enormous map and billions of waypoints (and RPG mechanics) ... also not on steam, so who cares? :p

Reactions: ISee and BO7AMMOOD

FeedMeAStrayCat

When you see me again, it won't be me.
Sep 19, 2018
Pennsylvania
Is any other Windows 7 Shadow user seeing it completely crap the bed today? Error 135 when trying to connect here and it nuked itself for no reason earlier.

I'm kind of miffed about it given how often it breaks lately.
Don't have Windows 7, but do use Shadow on Windows 10. I was having an initial issue earlier (maybe like 4 or 5 hours ago?) when loading it up and then opening Monster Hunter World. It was lagging to all hell (despite the graph/tracker thing you can check and it wasn't showing any lag or spikes) and then MHW took like 5 minutes to load. I had to shut it all down and restart it. After that, it was working normally. That would be fucked up if they ended Windows 7 support though. :cautious:

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
RIP my SSD. Epic Games Store broke it. (Rather was last one to touch 6 sectors that broke).

👀👀👀

Based on Ubisoft.com whois, it's fake.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Well tetris company already confirmed in a support email that it was planned for Steam in 2020 so I assume it'll go up within the next month or so unless they just drop it on Steam at launch.
Yup, I have that mail post in my spreadsheet, just want my page opened and sure hope it doesn't take forever

Deleted member 113

I saw folks talking about Dragon Marked for Death earlier. Anyone down for some multiplayer later?
Today it will be a bit tough, since I got to get up early tomorrow, and I'm located in Europe (so, it's already 11pm here).

But, I've just sent you an invite on Steam. Add me, Li Kao, BlindRhythm, and Blu (have I missed anyone?).
We are all playing the game, and I'm sure any of us, or a bunch of us at the same time, would be happy to play with you. ;)

rybrad

Apr 22, 2019
Damn playing FFII made me buy FFIII-FFIX. What's wrong with me, can't stop. Should I buy also rest of them o_O
FFII is, by far, the worst game in the mainline series so if you enjoy it then you might as well get them all.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Don't have Windows 7, but do use Shadow on Windows 10. I was having an initial issue earlier (maybe like 4 or 5 hours ago?) when loading it up and then opening Monster Hunter World. It was lagging to all hell (despite the graph/tracker thing you can check and it wasn't showing any lag or spikes) and then MHW took like 5 minutes to load. I had to shut it all down and restart it. After that, it was working normally. That would be fucked up if they ended Windows 7 support though. :cautious:
Parsec works but it's hell to configure and there is noticeable latency compared to Shadow's client, and the IQ takes a nosedive until you force the bitrate into the high heavens. It also stutters like hell.

I'm sure this all can be fixed with enough time but I'd just as soon not have to. I think they really need to work on their communication, even the download page still shows 7 as supported while support will condescend down to you about it. I don't much care for paying to feel like a second-class citizen.

Reactions: FeedMeAStrayCat

kafiend

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
This looks nice:

From the store page blurb:
A tongue-in-cheek 1980s revenge story! You play as the foul-mouthed superhero, Night Jackal, as he takes to the streets on a revenge-fueled rampage to mow down a crime syndicate responsible for murdering his wife.
In a video on the store page I think I heard him say "I hope your family gets Aids." So that's a hard pass from me. Unacceptable no matter what year it's set in.

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
That Car game looks pretty cool Aesthetically actually

Night Jackal?
Do you fight the Dayman

Edit:
In a video on the store page I think I heard him say "I hope your family gets Aids." So that's a hard pass from me. Unacceptable no matter what year it's set in.
ooor.. not...

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
The Tetris Effect Oculus Quest store page is gone/disabled. Guess it went up too early.
When I saw someone say the Tetris effect for the Occulus I misread it at first and thought it was the Tesla Effect and meant the Tex Murphy game and got super excited that they randomly made it into a VR game for some reason

Reactions: Li Kao and lashman

Theswweet

Dirty Weeb
Mar 12, 2019
The way that Platinum have communicated the specifics of the PC Physical SKU for W101R, and the lack of communication that they've had with backers in general over the last month has been embarassingly poor. I've been trying to get in contact with them about switching my platform to Switch (doubly so once they announced that all physical backers are getting steam keys anyway) and they've just been radio silent. Nothing.

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
I saw folks talking about Dragon Marked for Death earlier. Anyone down for some multiplayer later?
We are all playing the game, and I'm sure any of us, or a bunch of us at the same time, would be happy to play with you. ;)
Sorry I missed these earlier! Like Funktion said we're always happy to get a group going sometime. My lunch breaks or any time after 8pm EST are usually easiest for me but I'm sure we could work something out in between that too. :)

And sorry to plug the co-op thread but don't forget to check in there for other folks that might be up for playing together as well. :highfiveblob:

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
This Mario 64 port is wonderful. I had some audio/framerate issues due to my 144hz monitor, but that was easily fixed once I added the game to the Nvidia Control Panel and set the max framerate to 30. Added it to Steam, and now I can use any controller with Mario. Feels good.

Firewithin

MetaMember
Dec 19, 2018
This Mario 64 port is wonderful. I had some audio/framerate issues due to my 144hz monitor, but that was easily fixed once I added the game to the Nvidia Control Panel and set the max framerate to 30. Added it to Steam, and now I can use any controller with Mario. Feels good.
truly a blessing in these dark times

Reactions: ISee and Nabs

Rando10123

Sep 15, 2019
The way that Platinum have communicated the specifics of the PC Physical SKU for W101R, and the lack of communication that they've had with backers in general over the last month has been embarassingly poor. I've been trying to get in contact with them about switching my platform to Switch (doubly so once they announced that all physical backers are getting steam keys anyway) and they've just been radio silent. Nothing.
Not even on their twitter accounts or their PR manager directly? That's pretty shitty.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
What if PSVR2 had SteamVR support?

My memory is really bad and I can't remember if someone shared that here or not but Sony is making something similar to the Index controllers. And as for right now the prototypes are using SteamVR.

Which makes you wonder about the finished product because as is these are using light houses.

Or at least in some of the cases that seems to be the case when they are using the HTC Vive pucks on their hands

Reactions: Arsene and ISee

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
What if PSVR2 had SteamVR support?

My memory is really bad and I can't remember if someone shared that here or not but Sony is making something similar to the Index controllers. And as for right now the prototypes are using SteamVR.

Which makes you wonder about the finished product because as is these are using light houses.

Or at least in some of the cases that seems to be the case when they are using the HTC Vive pucks on their hands
Another VR headset option would be welcome. Especially if it's a good one.
But I doubt it will natively work with steam VR. I'm kind of a pessimist and I'm not even convinced that all future Sony titles will come to steam, despite HZD and PlayStation Now being available on PC.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
The Tetris Effect Oculus Quest store page is gone/disabled. Guess it went up too early.
Maybe it has something to do that I not only shared it on Twitter but tagged Enhance and Mark from Enhance asking them if there were any pieces of news about Steam release ahaha

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Oh no! my fountain pen completely broke! How will I look cool writing now!? Seriously though this sucks.:(

Edit: Just saw that the pen has a two year warranty that goes out in august! Just need to store to open so I can go there.:D I have a warranty paper but not the receipt, how likely will it work?

Last edited:

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Not even on their twitter accounts or their PR manager directly? That's pretty shitty.
Speaking of PR, I tried writing to Inti Create at the adress provided on Steam Support when I had my key issue. I have had multiple mailer daemon notifications telling me the mail couldn’t be delivered for the last two days.
Now I won’t judge categorically as I could have made a mistake on my end, but I‘m certainly not impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.