Community MetaSteam | May 2020 - We May Or May Not Be Around In June!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
By the way is anyone else playing Animal Crossing in general? The store on my island is closed and I need to sell some stuff. Help would be appreciated
----

It would seem that thoughts on both games are somewhere between they look okay do hey not bad.

It doesn't seem like it's being praised across the board but also not being hated across the board

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
Very annoyed that I was not granted a refund. I’ll probably just keep trying because this is completely unacceptable.

About Denuvo Anti Cheat, I may be mistaken, but, doesn't Easy Anti Cheat do the same thing? Kernel mode driver and a service that only starts when the game starts and stops when the game closes?
If so, I don't remember anyone being upset about that one. As bad as the Denuvo anti tamper may be, their anti cheat doesn't seem nearly as bad as Valorant's, I guess.
Has anyone added Easy Anti Cheat after a game was already released? Because that’s the big problem here. If they are consistent and up front, that’s fine. I can choose to avoid the product from the start.

Since Denuvo Anti Cheat is brand new, it’s also a complete unknown if there are any gaping security holes this thing is gonna cause.

Reactions: lashman and Swenhir

ZKenir

Setting the Seas Ablaze
May 10, 2019
Because that’s the big problem here. If they are consistent and up front, that’s fine. I can choose to avoid the product from the start.
as I said in my previous post TERA started using xigncode3 in 2018, and xigncode3, eac and battleye use kernel mode driver, so sure some will do that.

there's a list of games that use eac on their website in case you're curious and wanna check if they added that one later

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
So Ghost of Tsushima......

Basically Assassin's Creed Odyssey with more cinematics and without waypoint.

Yup.

And now people are confused because apparently they hate Ubisoft style open world game but it's a Sony exclusive game.

Is it got downgraded visually?

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019

Okay, so Intergalactic Fishing.

Yeah. It's good. Actually it's great.

But man it's a hard sell.

The posted dev vid covers the vital stats better than I could. So it might be worth 5 min. of your time if you're curious.

My 10+ hour experience thus far has found the game not only Zen but also sci/fi interesting and mechanically deep.

There's an interesting story so far. The writing is smart & quippy.

There's a ton of upgrades. Boat, rod, modules and more. There's also custom lure creation that syncs with fish that you research on each lake.

All told, the game is way deeper than it looks on the surface.

It confidently carries a relaxing, meditative vibe with the mechanical chops to back it up.

This is hardcore indie at its absolute best.

Routa

Non-Stop MMO Searcher
Dec 22, 2018
Replaying the Halo 2 campaign, first time since original release, in coop with Gevin and geeze, I forgot how obnoxious Legendary difficulty in this one is.

• Chief has virtually zero shields, a few pops from a plasma rifle and it's down - open exposure is instant death
  • Death for one player is back to the checkpoint - contrasted to the others where this is an Iron Skull modifier for coop
  • The jackal snipers...poor Gevin got a terrible checkpoint where he was sometimes sniped on spawn
  • The Elites that sometimes just charge you which is certain doom, one hit melee attacks in this one

I'm sure all the later boss fights will be fun too. :surrenderblob:

Last edited:

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
So Ghost of Tsushima......

Basically Assassin's Creed Odyssey with more cinematics and without waypoint.

Yup.

And now people are confused because apparently they hate Ubisoft style open world game but it's a Sony exclusive game.

Is it got downgraded visually?
That was always my concern with it after the first few trailers were shown a couple years ago. When you see a Batman style takedown and choppy stealth/sword gameplay I was always meh on it. And its not really surprising for them to make it a giant open world filled with points of interest. They did the same thing with Horizon and looks like that game will influence most of Sony's stuff moving forward.

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
Dirt cheap.

That was always my concern with it after the first few trailers were shown a couple years ago. When you see a Batman style takedown and choppy stealth/sword gameplay I was always meh on it. And its not really surprising for them to make it a giant open world filled with points of interest. They did the same thing with Horizon and looks like that game will influence most of Sony's stuff moving forward.
Well there is only so much you can do with open world design. I enjoyed Assassin Creed so I most likely will like Ghost too but I'll wait for PS5 (or PC).

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
I for one liked the GOT presentation. People always wanted an AC:Samurai/Ninja and this is pretty much it. Even the battles reminded me of early AC games, where you mostly stood still to counter enemy attacks. Though I hope this is a bit more refined.
Personally I wish the game wasn't open world, or at least would drop the resource gathering and camp liberation stuff.
But overall it looked okay to me and I'll eventually, probably, play it. But not on PS4, as said I just don't want those 30 fps anymore.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
As an open world games fanatic, I actually like the Ghost of Tsushima presentation. It's like a much more immersive modern AC games, and it's set in Japan.

I'll definitely play it.
I haven't really been looking into the game at all since I didn't think it was for me but you completely sold me on it! Hope the PC rumors are true!:D

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Humble is having a sale on the titles they published (with a "build your bundle" option providing further discounts):

Max 15% off is super weak.

And I guess I sent them an 8 pages translation doc with screenshots for the lulz, the French translation of the page is horrible.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
The Play Next shelf is pretty neat. It's much more convenient than having to go to the Steam Labs page.
There's a nice bit of variety in my selection.

The only minor downside is that it lists games that I've already played but not on Steam (Darksiders 2, Divinity 2, Chrono Trigger, Darkness II) which I suppose it can't know about and a different version of games that I already played (Skyrim).
Maybe if you could give it a collection as an exclusion filter (i.e. show me the games you think I should play next but exclude games I have in the collection "Completed"). Maybe I'll suggest that on the forums. Though it's not a big deal sind it's just a few out of 30 that are such "false positives".
(And damn do those games without updated covers stick out like a sore thumb... thankfully not that many anymore. Guess I'll gotta give em some manually).

ZKenir

Setting the Seas Ablaze
May 10, 2019
The Play Next shelf is pretty neat. It's much more convenient than having to go to the Steam Labs page.
There's a nice bit of variety in my selection.

The only minor downside is that it lists games that I've already played but not on Steam (Darksiders 2, Divinity 2, Chrono Trigger, Darkness II) which I suppose it can't know about and a different version of games that I already played (Skyrim).
Maybe if you could give it a collection as an exclusion filter (i.e. show me the games you think I should play next but exclude games I have in the collection "Completed"). Maybe I'll suggest that on the forums. Though it's not a big deal sind it's just a few out of 30 that are such "false positives".
(And damn do those games without updated covers stick out like a sore thumb... thankfully not that many anymore. Guess I'll gotta give em some manually).

I see a Michiru

:fgo_raikou_cheer:

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Looking at Iconoclasts and remembering that I really wanted it before but somehow lost interest in it, is it good for someone that doesn't like difficult platformers? At first it seemed like a nice metroidvania with an interesting world to explore but then they write "Hours of nut-twisting platform action-adventure" and that doesn't sound fun.(outside bdsm clubs)

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Wrote a little email to humble to correct that shit French translation and propose my help.
I am under no illusion that the work needed would warrant a full salary, but I wouldn't be against some Humble money on the regular :evilblob:

For fuck's sake, they so went full machine translation that 'x% off' is being translated as the English equivalent of 'x% deactivated'.
When you have this level of translation, you know you need help.

Rando10123

Sep 15, 2019
Looking at Iconoclasts and remembering that I really wanted it before but somehow lost interest in it, is it good for someone that doesn't like difficult platformers? At first it seemed like a nice metroidvania with an interesting world to explore but then they write "Hours of nut-twisting platform action-adventure" and that doesn't sound fun.(outside bdsm clubs)
It's alright, it's more puzzle heavy but not that hard or complicated.

Reactions: Le Pertti

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
Humble is having a sale on the titles they published (with a "build your bundle" option providing further discounts):

I don't think there's much of a point with those prices (except if you really want One step from Eden I guess), but I'm really surprised at the quality of the games published by HB.
It's pretty damn impressive how all the games are at least very good, if not top-of-the-line in their genres. It's very varied too.

The people in charge are doing one hell of a job.
Hell, I'm more inclined to take a look at the games chosen by HB now, and it does look like they have some great stuff coming up with Prodeus, Flynn or Mineko.

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
Found it kinda meh.
It's not difficult platforming, and I really enjoyed the bosses and the atmosphere.
But as a Metroidvania it falls pretty flat, the levels are quite linear... in all senses of the word, as rooms mostly reset every time you go through and it's not rare to have many of them linked together, it's a huge pain to backtrack (or go back if you fail some puzzles).
Some mechanics like the bombs I found plain annoying and very unprecise, with tight timers it's a bit of a mess.

I wouldn't have minded the game being puzzle heavy, but it felt way too janky and excessively repetitive as soon as you miss something or fail a puzzle there's just sooo much to redo.

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
I don't think there's much of a point with those prices (except if you really want One step from Eden I guess), but I'm really surprised at the quality of the games published by HB.
It's pretty damn impressive how all the games are at least very good, if not top-of-the-line in their genres. It's very varied too.

The people in charge are doing one hell of a job.
Hell, I'm more inclined to take a look at the games chosen by HB now, and it does look like they have some great stuff coming up with Prodeus, Flynn or Mineko.
They have some good people over there. I get a lot of material from this twitter feed: https://twitter.com/JohnPolson

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France

Added Steam Trading Cards, Badges, Backgrounds and Emojis.
Time to buy the game and get rich. :helpful:

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
Oof the Play Next from Steam has some issues.
Obviously, it can't differentiate between games editions, so it's offering me Evoland, Borderlands, Titan Quest, Saints Row and Darksiders... all games I have already played before... that's an interesting fault of all those GOTY verions, "remasters" and the like.

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Could some of you please do me a favor and test Steam downloads over Germany - Frankfurt? Especially people from the EU?
I'm lately only getting sub 1mbit from there (altogether from any german steam server), but nearly max speed when I connect to Steam - Paris.

Which is fine, I obviously do not care where I get my games from, but my ISP was bought by Vodafone and the problems started around the time they finalized the "transfer". New ISP is claiming it's either me or the "increased traffic" because of "more home office".
I doubt it's me, after all I get full speed over Paris (and Uplay + GoG). I also do not really believe in the "home office" argument, because I'm having the same speed at 2.30am in the morning.

Steam - Frankfurt

Steam - Paris

Reactions: Deleted member 113

ZKenir

Setting the Seas Ablaze
May 10, 2019
I think I have spent more time trying to figure out which digimons I want to include in my team rather than actually playingh the game, just like the first time I played the game on PS4 i might add, except this time I'm starting out with Omnimon NX and Crusadermon NX in my team,
At least I know I'll include WarGreymon and lilithmon for sure because I like them.

xxr

Member of the Abyss
Dec 21, 2018
Could some of you please do me a favor and test Steam downloads over Germany - Frankfurt? Especially people from the EU?
I'm lately only getting sub 1mbit from there (altogether from any german steam server), but nearly max speed when I connect to Steam - Paris.

Which is fine, I obviously do not care where I get my games from, but my ISP was bought by Vodafone and the problems started around the time they finalized the "transfer". New ISP is claiming it's either me or the "increased traffic" because of "more home office".
I doubt it's me, after all I get full speed over Paris (and Uplay + GoG). I also do not really believe in the "home office" argument, because I'm having the same speed at 2.30am in the morning.

Steam - Frankfurt

Steam - Paris
I'm located in Sweden, and I tried Germany - Frankfurt just now and got these results:

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
I just thought about the No Russians level of some Call of Duty. Didn't care much, it served the plot.
Then imagined what would have been the reaction if the mission was No Americans.
Then stopped imagining ASAP and understood the outrage.

Empathy is not that difficult :thinking-face:

Reactions: Swenhir

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Wrote a little email to humble to correct that shit French translation and propose my help.
I am under no illusion that the work needed would warrant a full salary, but I wouldn't be against some Humble money on the regular :evilblob:

For fuck's sake, they so went full machine translation that 'x% off' is being translated as the English equivalent of 'x% deactivated'.
When you have this level of translation, you know you need help.
That makes me think of.......My family has been having a video chat once a week with the lockdown and my nephew had a quiz where he put popular film/book titles through google translate into Japanese and then back into English and you have to guess the original title from the translation. Made for some fun answers.

Reactions: Li Kao
Status
Not open for further replies.