Community MetaSteam | May 2020 - We May Or May Not Be Around In June!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
That Windows apps thing... It doesn't sound bad but I always get nervous everytime Microsoft wants to modernize something.
Thank you lashman and gabbo for the explanation. I feel the same as you, MS never does things without reason. I am very wary of some kind of EEE down the line.

I guess there is nothing to do but wait for the other shoe to drop :p.

Deleted member 113

Unlike Rockstar, who usually handles "upgrades" in a rather shitty fashion, and frequently simply decides to remove music when they lose the rights to some tracks (instead of creating different versions, so that existing owners can keep their copies "intact"), I'm happy with the way 2K usually handles updates and upgrades.

When the first news of Mafia remasters came out, there were some rumours that the new versions would replace the old ones, which would be insanely shitty for those who enjoy the older versions of the games.
Thankfully, they did things as they should.

I own the original Mafia (the one with the soundtrack intact, not the new version), so I'm glad I get to keep it (and I'm looking forward to the remaster).
I own Mafia II, and all DLCs (yes, even The Betrayal of Jimmy, the DLC that was unavailable on Steam in most locations; after already owning the deluxe edition of the game, I actually bought a certain UK physical re-release that was available during a short period, just because that edition had a key for the The Betrayal of Jimmy DLC), so I'm happy I get to keep them. I'm not sure if any content was removed from the remastered version (any details on changes/removals of any licensed content, like the soundtrack, the magazines/paintings, ... ?), but I'm glad I still have the old version, in case there's any changes I don't like.
As for Mafia III, I already owned all the DLCs, and from what I gather the changes are minimal, so I can live with a single version.

Now, I just need the bundle to be up, so I can pre-order the Mafia remaster. :)

It will be great to revisit the series (I'm very found of the first 2 games; yes, I love Mafia II, a game that some people felt it was disappointing), and hopefully I'll finally finish Mafia 3. 😉

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
because i have the ability to empathize with other people? it doesn't have to affect me directly ...

having empathy ... imagine that
Yeah I get that.

But 70 euros. For a video game? I mean...really? Microsoft is disgusting with 70 euros. I feel 60 euros is way too much.

70 euros is daylight robbery. Microsoft is disgusting for setting that price, but of course will they continue with it when people buy it at that price.

Of course, you should use the money the way you want. I just feel 70 euros for a videogame is too much for any game that is not not Alan Wake 2 or Half-Life 3.

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
I'm guessing that rumour that "If you owned Mafia you'd get the DE for free" was false right?

ZKenir

MetaMember
May 10, 2019

Sega hosted a web briefing for analysts and institutional investors and the transcript includes interesting information about the performance of some key franchises.
We learn that the Football Manager series grew about 10% in sales with Football Manager 2020 compared to 5% growth registered in the past year, likely due to delays and cancellation of real-world soccer leagues.
The Total War series continues to perform strongly led by Total War: Three Kingdoms, but this also applies to older games of the franchise.
The launch of Yakuza: Like a Dragon has propelled growth in sales of past numbered titles of the Yakuza series, while Persona 5 Royal achieved record sales in America and Europe.

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020
I'm guessing that rumour that "If you owned Mafia you'd get the DE for free" was false right?
since it's a ground-up remake and not just a remaster, it wouldn't make much sense to give it away for free

anyone with a spare Katamari key from the Humble Bundle, PM me

Reactions: lashman

Deleted member 113

Yeah I get that.

But 70 euros. For a video game? I mean...really?
While indeed it's a high price, I would just like to point out that here in Portugal, I see plenty of console games selling for that or more.
This, in a country whose minimum wage is 635€ (a few years ago, it was about 20% less).

That's what the full retail price of a current generation console game mostly costs.
Obviously, on PC, we aren't used to getting such prices, but it's really not something I would consider highly unusual.

Especially since, if you think about it, many games are not 70€, but end up costing that or more (because they clearly cut back on things to sell you some DLCs/Season Passes later on).

70€ is a bit much for my spending "power", but I would be up for it if it's a "niche" product I like.
Meaning, there's no way in hell I'll pay 70€ for a Ubisoft game, but I would surely pay 70€ (or more) for a Steam release of the Darius Cozmic Collection (because it's something I'm fully aware that it's not bound to sell a lot, and to me it would be worth the amount, just to get it on a platform I use).

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
So why buy it for 70 euros? Im not attacking you or anything, I just wanna know why? Why not wait for a sale, you haven't played it unless Steam is wrong?
because it's good and i want to play it now ... which i will, soon ... i even have it installed ... just haven't gotten to it yet

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
because it's good and i want to play it now ... which i will, soon ... i even have it installed ... just haven't gotten to it yet
Okay sure, no problems.

70 euros for a video games just feels weird, that's all. I don't think Ive ever payed that much for a video game in my life. Closest was MoH Warfighter which I think was about 65 euros. To this day I still feel my soul being being hurt by that price. One of my worst purchases ever.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
If I buy Mafia 1 (original) now, will i get the remaster?
Mafia 1 Remake won't be free for previous owners, it will be paid for everyone as it's a completely new game, however, if you own all 3 Mafia games, you will get an special discount in August for it :)

Reactions: ISee

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018

The wait for Satisfactory has been absolutely horrific. Yes, I know the community managers are trolls, but the game looks so fun and good. It basically seems like Factorio in 3D and I love Factorio.

Deleted member 113

Still no Mafia trilogy bundle on Steam?
I didn't misread it, there's supposed to be a bundle, and owning all 3 games is supposed to grant you a discount, right?

Reactions: lashman

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
As said by FunktionJCB. Console games are often 70€ here in germany too (retail and digital). That's nothing to be happy about, just reality. One of the reasons why I grind my teeth whenever I "have" to buy one.

because it's good
I wouldn't go as far as calling it good. It's mostly okay though.

-----------

I own all three mafia games, but the first one is the old retail non steam version. So I guess I won't get a discount for mafia remastered. 😢

Last edited:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
oh my god my boy Chris Evans is on Instagram and he has been there for 2 weeks.

Gonna smash that follow button.

Jav

Question everything, learn nothing
Sep 17, 2019
huh, I thought there was going to be a Mafia bundle on steam yet I don't find it

Reactions: Firewithin

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
At first I was very impressed because I thought that they added a new interactive snow lair to mafia 2, but it's just "static".
At least it looks nice on screens.

old
new

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Well, speaking of Windows 7, Shadow crapped the bed again. It barely functions because who cares about QA on an "unsupported" OS.

I wish there was an alternative, I'm tired of being treated like a second-class citizen when all they have to do is maintain an electron app :/.

Reactions: FeedMeAStrayCat

Deleted member 113

Weren't owners of the original 3 games supposed to get a discount on Mafia: Definitive Edition?

They finally added a bundle, and... it's not a "complete the bundle" type deal:

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
Weren't owners of the original 3 games supposed to get a discount on Mafia: Definitive Edition?

They finally added a bundle, and... it's not a "complete the bundle" type deal:

It gives 40 cent loyalty discount if you own both Mafia 2&3

Status
Not open for further replies.