Community MetaSteam | May 2020 - We May Or May Not Be Around In June!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
Forced updates and 10 being ugly as hell are why I am never touching it as long as I can run 7.
Yeah win 10 is quite horrible I find, to do anything other than launching a game I use MacOS. Problem with that is instead that devs and manufactures don't support it.
In the current Pro version of Win 10, it's possible to pick a number of days for updates to arrive after their release, it' s possible to set up to 30 days delay for regular updates (like the recent buggy one) and up to 365 days delay for major updates (the ones that happen twice a year).

The Home version though, I dunno what limitations that version has when it comes to these options.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Dark Souls trilogy selling 27 million copies really is incredible news.

I'm gonna predict now and say Elden Ring will be FROM's Skyrim.

30+ million sales lifetime.

Reactions: Firewithin

freshVeggie

almost there
Sep 7, 2018
In 2001 Microsoft's then CEO Steve Ballmer described Linux, and by extension open source in general, as "a cancer that attaches itself in an intellectual property sense to everything it touches." Fast forward to 2020, and Microsoft's current president Brad Smith has admitted the company was wrong.

Reactions: Pommes and ISee

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
There's one thing I hate about playing a NA-based online game, the maintenance timing is never good. It's still prime time 9PM over here and Fallout 76 is having a serve maintenance. Dang it.

Reactions: ISee

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Satisfactory will not release on Steam this week, should be some day next week, they will likely just just release it when they know everything is working, as in, no release date announcement, just an out of the blue game release.

freshVeggie

almost there
Sep 7, 2018
It's an enhancement and gameplay overhaul mod that attempts to fix the jank that plagues this underrated WWII FPS from 2007, such as the low FOV and awkward leaning/walking controls. In addition, it rebalances the Campaign difficulty to play more like a hardcore tactical shooter instead of a casual console COD clone. One shot from any rifle out of cover and you're through - on Expert. The difficulties have been thoroughly tested so players of any skill level can see Der Flakturm fall without fear of aimbotting, bullet sponge AI with inhuman reaction times.
Airborne is so good. Really underrated gem. Glad to find out about this mod.

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
So my graphics card is starting to die but its a pretty old one (rx 480), but it is still under the 3 years warranty msi advertises. TURNS OUT the warranty coverage starts from manufacture or when it was sold to the distributor. NOT WHEN I PURCHASED IT. Confirmed with 3 different reps. Awesome. Last time i ever buy from msi ever again. Scummiest thing i've ever heard in my life.
Is this even legal?

freshVeggie

almost there
Sep 7, 2018
Microsoft is combining existing win32 and UWP APIs to make it easier for developers to build a Windows app. Existing apps can be updated and modernized, and APIs are being decoupled from Windows. “As we decouple existing APIs and add new APIs, we are also doing the work to polyfill as needed so the APIs work down-level across supported versions of Windows,” says Kevin Gallo, the director of Windows developer platform at Microsoft.
Not sure what it really means for me but it seems important.

ZKenir

MetaMember
May 10, 2019
I hope someone at Sega took a look at a map and noticed that Mexico is also in NA.
I hope I won't have to change my store region to play and purchase stuff in-game since it's not released in EU... but all signs point to yes and that's gonna be a pain in the ass if so.
I'm going to hate Microsoft so much if have to keep swapping region if I wanna buy in game stuff.

edit: I still cannot understand for the life of me why the hell it's NA only

Last edited:

Alexandros

MetaMember
Nov 4, 2018
So my graphics card is starting to die but its a pretty old one (rx 480), but it is still under the 3 years warranty msi advertises. TURNS OUT the warranty coverage starts from manufacture or when it was sold to the distributor. NOT WHEN I PURCHASED IT. Confirmed with 3 different reps. Awesome. Last time i ever buy from msi ever again. Scummiest thing i've ever heard in my life.
Are you in Europe perhaps? There's no way that's legal, hit up customer protection services in your country.

Reactions: ISee and lashman

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto

Not sure what it really means for me but it seems important.
It makes it seem like they've built a system where UWP apps (all 5 of them) and win32 apps can access an new API, allowing them to all use the same feature set and run/look the same regardless of their version of windows. Less "wall those apps up in our garden' more 'our garden now has an escalator instead of a door'

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
I'm going to hate Microsoft so much if have to keep swapping region if I wanna buy in game stuff.
XBox EU players have to rely on gift cards to be able to buy stuff, it seems like it's not possible to buy microtransactions directly.
As someone that lives in EU, I feel like there's more hoops to go through to buy stuff and play on NA than there is to play on JP (foreigners can buy JP microtransactions directly from the smartphone game, PSO2es).

ZKenir

MetaMember
May 10, 2019
XBox EU players have to rely on gift cards to be able to buy stuff, it seems like it's not possible to buy microtransactions directly.
As someone that lives in EU, I feel like there's more hoops to go through to buy stuff and play on NA than there is to play on JP (foreigners can buy JP microtransactions directly from the smartphone game, PSO2es).
I know hence I'm saying that, I'll probably have to:
1) remove payment method from my acc
2) swap to a fake address to dl the game in the NA region
3) swap back and add payment method
4) if I wanna buy smt in-game buy a card
5) remove payment method
6) swap back to fake address to change store
7) buy whatever
8) swap back and readd my payment method

rinse and repeat 4 through 8 everytime I feel like dumping money on that game, I hope there'll be less hooks but that's gonna be a major pain.
I usually don't like to "hate on" and being negative but region locked stuff pisses me off so much.

This is the same situation as I am in to play FGO, but at least i can just download it to a iOS device different from my phone and keep it on a NA itunes acc to avoid swapping back and forth, iOS allow the store account to be different from your Apple ID, so at least even on said device I'm still using my Apple ID with my NA acc, this is miles better than whatever PSO2 is going to be.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
It makes it seem like they've built a system where UWP apps (all 5 of them) and win32 apps can access an new API, allowing them to all use the same feature set and run/look the same regardless of their version of windows. Less "wall those apps up in our garden' more 'our garden now has an escalator instead of a door'
I can't summon the energy to go through this, but as soon as I read UWP, warning bells went off :p.

From what you are saying, this will not impede or change windows's openness or user control in any way, unlike their UWP initiative?

Reactions: lashman

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
No exclusivity

Mafia II: Definitive Edition will be automatically granted to all existing owners of Mafia II on Steam today at no additional cost. Additionally, all existing Mafia III owners on PlayStation:registered: 4, Xbox One, and Steam will be upgraded to Mafia III: Definitive Edition today at no additional cost. Customers who own a combination of titles will receive special reduced-price upgrade offers to complete their trilogy via in-game menus within each of the Mafia titles

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I can't summon the energy to go through this, but as soon as I read UWP, warning bells went off :p.

From what you are saying, this will not impede or change windows's openness or user control in any way, unlike their UWP initiative?
correct ... they're basically backporting the new APIs to non-uwp applications

Reactions: Pommes and Swenhir

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto

From what I read (and mind, you, this is just my interpretation of that article), it's not trying to force UWP usage or close off controls, it's just trying to unify API's among all Windows apps, regardless of their format. Take your app, connect into this new API at compile time, and now it doesn't matter what format it's in (UWP or win32), it will work on new and old version of Windows (they only mention 10 so I assume this is like as dotnet features changes and so on).

edit: I'm sure some of the better programmers on here will put it in better terms since I can only think of it as "If DirectX did all the translating for you after you'd written your code" and not "you coding directx calls in your app from the beginning" - but i don't know how accurate this is to the reality of this project.

Last edited:
Reactions: Swenhir

fokkusu

Burn baby burn🔥🎵
Dec 9, 2018
Mafia 2 is now "Classic" and Mafia 3 is Definitive Edition. What's going on 😛

ScreamingTrees

Dec 12, 2018
Mafia II: Definitive Edition will be automatically granted to all existing owners of Mafia II on Steam today at no additional cost. Additionally, all existing Mafia III owners on PlayStation:registered: 4, Xbox One, and Steam will be upgraded to Mafia III: Definitive Edition today at no additional cost. Customers who own a combination of titles will receive special reduced-price upgrade offers to complete their trilogy via in-game menus within each of the Mafia titles
I've just noticed "Mafia III: Definitive Edition is already in your Steam library" on my account now. All the DLC now says owned too.

FunnyJay