Community MetaSteam | May 2020 - We May Or May Not Be Around In June!

Status
Not open for further replies.

crimsonheadGCN

MetaMember
Jan 20, 2019
Clifton, New Jersey
www.resetera.com
I own all of the games in Tier 1 and Tier 3, but I don't own the games in the BTA tier and the final Tier. I'm not sure what to do in this instance. I want the games in the BTA and final Tiers.

Weren't owners of the original 3 games supposed to get a discount on Mafia: Definitive Edition?

They finally added a bundle, and... it's not a "complete the bundle" type deal:

I hope it's mistake and the loyality discount is bigger. It doesn't even acknowledge that I own part 2.

Also, I received a package from Target and it arrived damaged. I ordered two Target exclusive vinyl records and I asked for an exchange. They are sending me two new records and letting me keep the ones that they already sent. I don't understand why?

Reactions: Deleted member 113

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
I get a 17% discount for just owning Mafia II. £41 for I & III is somewhat tempting.

Deleted member 113

-34% discount here, but it doesn't recognize I have Mafia 2.
Here, I'm seeing a 38% discount on the trilogy pack.
Which means Mafia: Definitive Edition costs 39,99€, or I can buy the trilogy pack (same thing, since I'm only missing the upcoming DE of the first game) for 39,59€.

Reactions: Milena and lashman

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
39.59€ when logged in.
39.98€ when logged out.

That's so tempting, that I'm just gonna ignore it for now. At that price I can just buy Mafia 1R on release.

But to be fair, Mafia 2 is a good game and if somebody is also interested in Mafia 1 remaster. 40€ for both games ain't completely bad and you get Mafia 3 as a freebee ;)

Honestly I just wanted to try out Mafia 2 Definitive Editon and I think I'll keep on playing.

Physx is still available on the definitive edition?
Seems to be.

Last edited:

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
It's been a while since I last played a game on PC and I don't know when the next time that I will play a game on PC will be, I am still doing AC. I was able to sell turnips and make a 400k profit ahahaha

Deleted member 113

Launching in about 8 hours, the next title in a wave of Psikyo ports by CITY CONNECTION and Zerodiv:

So far, the ports have been solid, and affordable.
I've been enjoying them a lot. Of course, I would enjoy them even more if I wasn't playing them using either a broken analogue stick, or a... d-pad on a 360 controller. 😵

I have been avoiding unnecessary shopping trips, due to the current pandemic situation, but I guess I'll be opening an exception soon, in order to buy a new controller. 😆

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
I fell down the mechanical keyboard rabbit hole. Pray for me.

This is all Xclash 's fault.
Been there, done that, people laughed then they sit at my machine when we're working together and use whichever mech keyboard i'm using at work, then they go back to their desks and about 15 minutes later i get an email asking if a particular mechanical keyboard is any good because they've started to hate the OEM membrane keyboard they're using. lol.

Same with the Shark-Fin vertical mouse i use at work, people laughed and yet two years later about a third of our department has them. lol.

Look at this swag, i'm a trendsetter me.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Luckily for me, the mech rabbit-hole bottomed out at buying custom keycaps. It could've been worse. It could've been about getting an aluminium custom case, switch replacements and coiled, custom sleeved micro-usb cable group buys. :dana_fear:

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018

I won't be satisfied until beam springs make a comeback.

Better yet if you can replace your keyboard with lead-weighted typewriter machinery complete with carriage returns upon pressing return. Better watch out if you haven't pressed enter in a while, that carriage hits like a

Reactions: Nabs

Arulan

Lizardman
Dec 7, 2018

I did this year as well. I've been using a Filco board with MX Blacks for a number of years now, but I've started looking into custom boards and key cap sets. Pray for both of our wallets.

I joined the group buy for the Zambumon Jules recently.

Ex-User (119)

Oct 19, 2018
soo following from discard toguht id scare details of some mods in past trhis gonna be a huge post i

Nzyme

doom 3

this mod started from me not knowing much not understanding fps etc, basically at time i felt game was really slow so i made everything faster (projecticles being ypurself and mobs and yea) i revisted few years later and everything well i understood what fps was and i tweaked and turned it into turok cross doom with guns being cross from turoketc fully optomized for cmapaign and resurection

Battle for middle earth

general gist of this one is i overhauled every hero for instance when gandalf dies he lets ofa word of power (gnerally this is something of a last that cover ur scren )

thats a general example i soent over 6 months of iteration on it and everything was balanced in the end ( vigorous testing)

serious sam ( works for current release hd )

basically overhauled ai and guns, its set to work with campaign i tested each level on each setting without cheas all way through. some guns act and do different things now but ill keept that secret but think original tutok

Avern

MetaMember
May 14, 2020
Launching in about 8 hours, the next title in a wave of Psikyo ports by CITY CONNECTION and Zerodiv:

So far, the ports have been solid, and affordable.
I've been enjoying them a lot. Of course, I would enjoy them even more if I wasn't playing them using either a broken analogue stick, or a... d-pad on a 360 controller. 😵

I have been avoiding unnecessary shopping trips, due to the current pandemic situation, but I guess I'll be opening an exception soon, in order to buy a new controller. 😆
Hey, if the dpad on a knockoff 360 controller is good enough for gus, the real thing should be good enough for you. :winking-face:

I'll be glad once ZeroDiv gets past the early Psikyo stuff. The first Strikers is ok, but I'm not terribly fond of Gunbird or Samurai Aces. I'm really excited for Strikers 2, Gunbird 2, and Dragon Blaze. Kind of hoping that weird Zero Gunner 2- port can come to PC as well, but I don't think that one's been confirmed yet.

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Routa

Non-Stop MMO Searcher
Dec 22, 2018
A lot of that damage was because of me though.

:blobrigged:
Team effort then, except me...I was literally carried.

:highfiveblob:

Tabletop Simulator has exploded in popularity recently, which is not that surprising due to the covid situation but is nice to see.

It really is quite fantastic in testing out a huge variety of board games, and also can cut down on many of the tedious elements such as set-up and shuffling.

Last edited:

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019

Troubleshooter. It's anime-XCOM w/ FFT character building & VN storytelling.

And it's legit dreamy.

Another indie out of Korea that just went 1.0 a few weeks back, it's the team's first release. It's drawing influence from a number of places and it's pulled off with an infectious upstart, whipsmart confidence.

Mechanically it's lifted straight out of modern XCOM but with enough new spins & layers of depth that it feels familiar yet fresh. On the map there's overlapping layers of synergy, enough to make the mind reel. Buff & debuff possibilities can seem limitless (seriously, there's over 600 Mastery types that you can equip each character with).

Quick example. Fighting indoors and my partner says, "Hey, there's a fuse box over there. You should flip it since we're outnumbered here." So I do it and the room falls into darkness, giving everyone (including my team) a vision, movement & hit-chance debuff. Then he goes, "You got some flashbangs, right?" Well flashbangs daze everyone in the aoe. BUT...if those poor saps also have the darkness debuff, the combo of darkness & daze makes them start panicking and shooting both enemies & allies randomly. Bonus. BUUUT...only 3 of the 4 baddies proc'd panic debuff because when I triggered the flash...the last one had a Sunglasses modifier (Mastery) equipped. You know, just in case that 1 in a million situation arose. Guess it was his lucky day. (ed. It wasn't.) Bonkers.

And that's not even getting into the environmental synergies much like the Divinity: Original Sin mechanics. Yeah so you see someone standing in a pool of oil. Looks like a fireball should warm them up right nice. But here it's like a dozen layers deeper. What time of day is it outside? Is there a breeze in the air? How hot or cold is it? You can capitalize on all these factors and many more.

Combat in Troubleshooter is super melee-focused. There are guns. And there's magic projectiles. But it's equally balanced with crazy-cool h2h fighting disciplines. From the traditional martial arts style to the more wacky break dancing variety. (Hey, it's anime.) The combo of h2h + magic disciplines take the XCOM blueprint and make it feel incredibly invigorated in practice.

Story is really great so far. You play a newly-graduated Troubleshooter in the near future. You part of a civilian paramilitary group that works adjacent with more traditional police forces in the country. Your team have Judge Dread jury/executioner rights and a baller Persona-like fashion style. As someone else put it, "a civilian militia of superhero punk rock kids called Troubleshooters." I can already see the story tension rising as the Troubleshooters start clashing with the FedPD as the latter are sectioning off neighborhoods and whole cities due to escalating crime. Then there's that whole rising cult thing with these weirdos who worship spoons [sic].

Besides the wealth of writing & character development, out of combat you're also building your character's stat loadouts Final Fantasy Tactics style. Seriously, there's more tables, stats and combo possibilities than I've seen in a long time. They just went all in on the fine customization of character job systems. When you start feeding skills into other skills to make even bigger, better & more badass skills, you start to appreciate the madness that went into these systems.

Presentation is great. AA budget that's well realized. Combat maps have tons of environmental detail. Storytelling is a combo of 3D environmental shots (w/ quite creative cinematography, oddly enough) and VN type stills. Both done really well. Music is baller. Nice mix of big, dumb anime hair-metal and smooth jazz, intersperses with more serious notes. And THANKFULLY (seriously, this would have been a deal-breaker), no gross anime tropes. Everyone is tastefully dressed. Males & females are equally strong in character. Fresh.

When I started to recognize how special this production was the big takeaway for me was how fun it was to be experiencing an XCOM-adjacent gameplay loop that wasn't all grim & serious like the source material. The over-the-top flashy anime, both on and off the field. The interesting characters and heavy focus on story in between combat. The whole production just had so much energy & life behind it.

It's so crazy that we're in a season of riches with the recent launches of XCOM: Chimera Squad and Gears Tactics. Yet here comes this little $25 indie out of S. Korea that completely steals the show. Made by a team of 6 people it's gem that just epitomizes heart and verve. There's a bit of a cult following behind it, it'll probably go largely unnoticed all told. But for me I'm just glad I heard about it. It's most fun XCOM has been in years.

99% to hit success!

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
You are really selling the game to me. Unfortunately a certain Total Warhammer 2 DLC is coming tomorrow and that will keep me busy.
But the game went on my wishlist and I don't abuse my wishlist like most people.

edit:
f* it. This better be good!

Been there, done that, people laughed then they sit at my machine when we're working together and use whichever mech keyboard i'm using at work, then they go back to their desks and about 15 minutes later i get an email asking if a particular mechanical keyboard is any good because they've started to hate the OEM membrane keyboard they're using. lol.

Same with the Shark-Fin vertical mouse i use at work, people laughed and yet two years later about a third of our department has them. lol.

Look at this swag, i'm a trendsetter me.
Unwritten natural law of PCMR: You touch a mechanical keyboard, you buy a mechanical keyboard.
There is something very similar for displays with fast, variable refresh rates btw.

Last edited:

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
"Community Points" coming up. It's what you use to give those review reactions (now called "Award"). You can also give those to Workshop items.
Looks like they will last for 30 days.

Code:
GrantAwardTitle: "Give an Award",
  GrantAwardDescription_Review:
    "Use your Steam Community Points to emphasize this review and grant the reviewer %1$s bonus points!",
  GrantAwardDescription_UGC:
    "Use your Steam Community Points to grant this item a special award and grant the author %1$s bonus points!",
  GrantAwardNowButton: "Give Award",
  GrantAward_PointsLink: "What are Steam Community Points?",
  GrantAward_PromptTooltip: "Please select an award",
  GrantAward_SubmitTooltip: "Spend Steam Community Points and give the award",
  GrantAward_SelectAward: "Select Award",
  GrantAward_Next: "Next",
  GrantAward_Back: "Back",
  GrantAward_Confirm:
    "Please confirm you would like to use %1$s to give this item the %2$s award.",
  GrantAward_Confirm_Details:
    "The award will show up immediately and the recipient will receive %1$s bonus points after %2$s",
  GrantAward_Confirm_DetailsTimePeriod: "30 days.",
  GrantAward_Success: "The award has successfully been granted.",
  GrantAwardError_Busy:
    "Our servers are busy right now.  Please try again later.",
  GrantAwardError_PersistFailed:
    "Our servers are busy right now.  Please try again later.",
  GrantAwardError_InvalidParam:
    "You cannot give an award to something you created.",
  GrantAwardError_NoMatch: "The item could not be found.",
  GrantAwardError_InsufficientFunds:
    "You do not have enough Steam Community Points to grant the selected award.",
  GrantAwardError_Fail:
    "There was a problem granting this reward.  Please try again later.",
  YourBalance: "Your Balance",
  RewardsReaction_1: "Deep Thoughts",
  RewardsReaction_2: "Heartwarming",
  RewardsReaction_3: "Hilarious",
  RewardsReaction_4: "Hot Take",
  RewardsReaction_5: "Poetry",
  RewardsReaction_6: "Extra Helpful",

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
So why buy it for 70 euros? Im not attacking you or anything, I just wanna know why? Why not wait for a sale
Wait a minute, I'm pretty sure I've seen you playing Gears Tactics on Steam as well on the day of release 😂

I'm not judging you of course, but it's hard for me to understand why you would spend €70 on that game while calling it "daylight robbery". You wrote it yourself: if people are willing to pay that price, there's little chance Microsoft will fix it. And there's the risk other publishers will raise their price as well.

Last edited:

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
'Thank you for your response.
Please, be informed that the DLC was not mentioned in the offer description. Therefore, the version of the game purchased is Dragon Marked For Death · SubID: 440395 Additionally, the beta testing name next to the game name in the Steam licenses does not mean that the game version is beta.
However, as the DLC is free you should be able to add it to your Steam account from the Steam store. If you are not able to add, it, please take a screenshot of that.

We are looking forward to hearing from you.'

Ok. Two days left for Paypal litigation :smiling-eyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.