Community MetaSteam | May 2020 - We May Or May Not Be Around In June!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
It's kinda complicated to update the pirated version, so I stopped bothering with it.

Right now Im playing Xcom Chimera Squad and The Witcher. Thronebreaker to keep my mind off Satisfactory.
Regardless of your final decision it means a lot that you decided to deprive yourself of something you'd enjoy in order to vote with your wallet and take a stand against awful business practices. You should be proud.

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
You're doing fine so far m8! 😊

Here's some extra motivation:

1) Remember how you refunded the games you bought on EGS because you felt bad for supporting them? Don't make the same mistake twice.

2) Also, if you buy Satisfactory on EGS now, your waiting was completely useless.

3) Read this: I Don't Support EGS (Epic Games Store)

Just a few more weeks 😉
Also, imagine Tim's face everytime he pays through the nose for an exclusive only for people to wait out his shitty moneyhats and buy the game elsewhere.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Regardless of your final decision it means a lot that you decided to deprive yourself of something you'd enjoy in order to vote with your wallet and take a stand against awful business practices. You should be proud.
Thanks.

My final decision has always been to wait for Steam release on EGS timed exclusives, so I just hope that I don't break my own promise.

Satisfactory is the EGS timed exclusive I want most, it actually kinda hurts my "soul" waiting for it, it's like walking on broken glass. I just hope my body can't withstand the pain until the game is out on Steam.

Reactions: Alexandros

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Dragon Marked for Death is pretty cool. It took me a few hours to get decent at playing my chosen class (Witch), but now that I am it's really nice. I always like spellcasting systems that balance things in such a way that you can cast very powerful spells but have other drawbacks (time invested, vulnerability and somewhat difficult execution in this case).

Deleted member 113

Dragon Marked for Death is pretty cool. It took me a few hours to get decent at playing my chosen class (Witch), but now that I am it's really nice. I always like spellcasting systems that balance things in such a way that you can cast very powerful spells but have other drawbacks (time invested, vulnerability and somewhat difficult execution in this case).
I'm glad to hear you are enjoying it. :cat-heart-blob:

It's a great "pick up and play" game, in the sense that it's easy to just play it for 30-40 minutes, get a couple of missions done, and stop.

Plus, one cool thing is that the characters play rather differently.
The Witch has been somewhat compared to playing Magicka, in terms of spellcasting.
The character I started with, the Shinobi, plays more like a Mega Man ZX game, mixed with a few bits and pieces from other 2D action titles like Strider and Shinobi.

As you try different characters, you will notice that they will transverse the same maps differently, because there are sections of the map you will need a certain character to access.

Reactions: Durante

BlueOdin

Dec 3, 2018
Been really itching to buy Astroneer as of late. Constant delays with Satisfactory has also been contributing to that, even though they are very different games at the core.

Though Astroneer is getting more automation in the future so that's cool.

Next sale, probably. ☕
In the same boat. I think if it already had automation I would’ve probably already bought it

Deleted member 113

Guessing nothing came of this then
It's still going on, but like Mor mentioned, he once again mentioned FSR may be getting a re-release or remake, and he has been talking about it with a company.
So, it will probably be coming, but from his words work still hasn't started.

Reactions: AHA-Lambda

Deleted member 113

What were his exact words?
Like I mentioned above, he mentioned he gets asked a lot about Flower, Sun and Rain.
He has talked with a company about them possibly working on a remake of it. It's something that will probably happen.
But, he asked for more time until he properly talks about it, until he has something concrete to say.

So, the idea that was left was that this is bound to happen, but work still hasn't started.

Reactions: Mor

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
I usually avoid Kickstarters but this looks kind of cool and it's already funded for their goal so that's already a + for them

Thing that was neat was they listed Unreal World and Cataclysm DDA as part of their inspiration for the game so that's pretty amazing. (Both are fantastic roguelikes)

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Was Helltaker posted in here?

Seems to be gaining a lot in popularity. Even supports Linus now. Will try it out when i'm off.
Ya, it was shared a few days ago.

lashman what is the tool that you can use to find out how many "followers" a game has? Since I want to check on Helltaker.

But ya the game does seem to be popular, it got Mac and Linux support a few days ago.

I have been seeing some fan art of it.... some of it being lewd
holding hands is a lewd act in addition to the act of asking to even hold hands
It has gained a small bit of popularity in Nippon already it would seem

I do find this interesting since the game does have interest and is already gaining traction and people liked the demo.

There was another game that also had appealing art but that game didn't do that well since the gameplay itself seemed to have issues and bugs. It was called rose something and it was Slay the Spire but with anime waifus.

-----------------

I just realized this is a full game release isn't it? I thought this was just a prologue since those are very popular. I wonder why it's free then.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I tried to look a little more into Helltaker because I was curious about something.

Did the game get covered by any news outlet?

From what I checked it did not get covered by any big name one in the west and it didn't get covered by any smaller one either.

I checked IGN,Kotaku,Gamespot (Gamespot does technically has some information about the game but it looks like it was pulled form a database but doesn't have any articles about the game),Eurogamer,Polygon,RPS,PCGamer but non of them seemed to have any information about the game. PS I only checked the English Eurogame and English IGN and not all of the European ones (which I probably should have done seeing how the game in question is from EU, Poland)

I even checked some other places like Gematsu,Nichegamer,Siliconera and they also didn't mention the game

I even checked on this one Japanese site that I go to from time to time and I know that they regularly mention indie games, even they didn't seem to mention the game at all. They may end up covering it in a few days along side with an interview with the dev.

The only western site that seems to have covered the game is some place called GamersHeros and they are also the only one with a MC score for the game.

I think I can see as to why it was not covered though, when I was checked the Japanese site that I normally use I noticed that there was a lot of articles around May 10-12, so those must have just been very busy days and now that I think about it, I don't think I realized that Helltaker released that long ago, I thought it just released in the last couple of days. but it's roughly been 2 weeks at this point

I also checked on Era and it would seem that there is only one post, one made by Jawmuncher which is likely why they asked if it was mentioned here since there has not been much talk about it? and even that Era post in of itself did not seem to get that much attention to begin with.

So what to know what big name publication actually ended up covering the game??? That's right Famitsu!!!!!!!!

Here is the article in question

And even then it would seem that they only covered the game recently since it seemed like they saw some Fan art on Twitter in the last few days. There has been a decent amount of art by the way, I guess that after doing that Sailormoon redraw thing people wanted to do something new.

The game now having a Japanese fan translation and being very low spec and also being able to run on Mac likely helped to get some of these artist to also try the game (and it has a small install size as well). The system requirements for the game are just 300MB!!!!! (that is it, it doesn't mention anything else) and it's free. So even people like that one composer of Streets of Rage can play this game on his crummy PC. Also Swery65 can play this game on his new PC!!!

By the way on Steam the top rated screenshots seem to be from Japanese players. There is no native Japanese support for the game but the dev did make a video letting people know how they can fan translate the game and it would seem that is what ended up happening.

lashman IGN Japan covered that one Riot game, the one that you were looking forward to and that already released.

By the way within 2 days the game already had 500 reviews and I guess that within a week it had reach overwhelmingly positive reviews.

So what did we learn? Fan art can help give your game a second wind.

I would look into this a lot more but I already spent a decent amount of time just looking at this information.

Reactions: sanhora

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
To the right of this page of SteamDB:
Wow the game really did come out from almost nowhere then.

I am guessing that the dev team must be happy that people are noticing that there game is popular.

Also those twitch numbers though. I guess people must have started to take notice of the game a few days after launch. It has 23k viewers at one point on Twitch, and now there are 2k+ people playing the game.

The game had less than 20 followers prior to release and now it is at 5k followers.

PS

I didn't know that they made this into a VR game

Trading cards when? Which I guess they can't do since it's a free game

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I should play Aurion.
I actually bought a bundle because of it, but still haven't played it :grimacing-face:
They recently posted a new trailer and it looks so cool

Reactions: Deleted member 113

CommodoreKong

Mercenary in the Badlands
Jun 15, 2019
Monster Train seems to be worth the $20 if you're looking for a game similar to Slay the Spire but not a clone.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Oninaki is a weird beast. It can be a slog but it can also be fun as fuck. Fortunately it's mostly up to you which of the two it is at any time.
So I've decided to just use the Daemons I like playing with instead of trying to level up all of them at the same time, and right now I'm mostly playing with Izana, and her playstyle is just super fun.

• Her weapon is a scythe
  • Her mobility/guard ability is a short distance teleport
  • Which ties into most of her skills and passives, which apply different buffs and debuffs if you make side and/or rear attacks (and there are a lot of those eventually - critical chance up, defense/attack up, enemy defense/attack down...)
  • A passive that gives every basic attack a chance to INSTAKILL regular mobs
  • A skill fittingly called Reaper with a chance to instakill enemies if it hits them in the side or back. I assumed it was just like the passive and only worked on regular mobs, but no I just instakilled a boss with it 😂 . I love it.
  • Aside from that she also has lots of passives that extend Manifestation duration (aka super saiyan mode), for example by just killing something
  • She has great synergy with another Daemon I like using, Zaav, who has a group passive that increases critical hit damage and extends Manifestation duration every time a crit happens (remember how one of Izana's passives applies a buff that increases critical hit chance every time shits an enemy in the back?)

She's a scythe-wielding instant-killing constant critting deathgod with almost constant Manifestation. You say broken, I say fun!

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Yesterday I tried out Steamgrid (https://github.com/boppreh/steamgrid).
It's a fully automated tool which populates your custom artwork for the steam library. Works really well, I'm now down to something like 5 games without new library art (from probably ~200 before). It even got cover art for CEMU, which I have linked from Steam.

In case someone is interested I made a build of it with the latest pull request included. This one allows you to use an "-onlymissingartwork" parameter to only get art for games which don't have any. The only other thing you need to do is register an account with steamgriddb and generate an API key in the profile page there. Then you just run
Code:
.\steamgrid.exe -steamdir F:\Steam -onlymissingartwork -steamgriddb API_KEY_HERE
(Of course replace "F:\Steam" with your actual Steam path)

Overall, it takes just a few minutes to get the steamgriddb account and set this up to run (and then a while to run depending on the size of your library, but it's fully automated).

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
:blobnoanime:

Yesterday I tried out Steamgrid (https://github.com/boppreh/steamgrid).
It's a fully automated tool which populates your custom artwork for the steam library. Works really well, I'm now down to something like 5 games without new library art (from probably ~200 before). It even got cover art for CEMU, which I have linked from Steam.

In case someone is interested I made a build of it with the latest pull request included. This one allows you to use an "-onlymissingartwork" parameter to only get art for games which don't have any. The only other thing you need to do is register an account with steamgriddb and generate an API key in the profile page there. Then you just run
Code:
.\steamgrid.exe -steamdir F:\Steam -onlymissingartwork -steamgriddb API_KEY_HERE
(Of course replace "F:\Steam" with your actual Steam path)

Overall, it takes just a few minutes to get the steamgriddb account and set this up to run (and then a while to run depending on the size of your library, but it's fully automated).
i wonder - what happens when, for example, i run it today with that parameter ... then let's say - 5 more games get official covers a wwek from now ... and then i run it again with the parameter - does it also remove the custom covers from the games that got those official ones?

because if it did - that would be the perfect solution for me :)

Reactions: Ascheroth

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
I don't think it has that feature currently. Would be nice to have though (and probably not hard to implement).

It's not very efficient use of bandwidth, but if you don't want to miss official art uploads (though I'd argue for game that still didn't get any those are getting more and more scarce anyway) you could just delete all the downloaded art and rerun the program from time to time.

• Love
Reactions: lashman
Status
Not open for further replies.