Community MetaSteam | May 2020 - We May Or May Not Be Around In June!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
You guys remember "there came an echo"?
The dev gave away thousands of copies on gaf when the game launched.
Sometimes I remember that and wonder how that worked out for him. I've never seen anyone mention that game again.
I dropped the game after about 30 minutes, not because it was bad but because I had too much on my plate.
I'd like to say that I'll give it another go but who am I kidding, I don't have time.
I remember how the launch version silently installed CCCP and a second MPC copy and stole all my file associations in the process. :p

Never ended up playing it, maybe some day. It has a pretty good soundtrack though.

Reactions: Dragon1893

Deleted member 113

What the hell is wrong with Steam lately?

At best, things have been extremely slow (store, community pages, ...).
At worse, they are constantly down.

Reactions: MJunioR and lashman

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Did anyone ever find out why The Sinking City's store page was removed?
Yes, I tweeted a lot about it and even commented it here the day it happened.

Doesn't make any sense as a few days prior the delisting they added Steam cloud and Cloud Gaming categories.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
This is really interesting, this makes Detroit a six month timed exclusive, and both Heavy Rain and Beyond a 1 year timed exclusives. Detroit is the second of it's kind, Borderlands 3 was the only one that was 6 months prior this game. (RDR2 was 1 month but that doesn't count)

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Looks tempting. I like climbing in games, but does it feel satisfying though?

Satisfying climbing would be stuff like AC Unity and UC3, not so satisfying would be AC1 and UC1
Climbing in uncharted games is pretty unremarkable

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
I remember how the launch version silently installed CCCP and a second MPC copy and stole all my file associations in the process. :p

Never ended up playing it, maybe some day. It has a pretty good soundtrack though.
Seriously? What the hell?

Gonna grab Detroit when it's cheap. It's the only one I haven't played.

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
What the hell is wrong with Steam lately?

At best, things have been extremely slow (store, community pages, ...).
At worse, they are constantly down.
Possibly a routing / server specific issue?

I haven't had any issues in a good while.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
I can't tell if this post is serious or you're playing a "legal" copy.

The game is indeed a lot of fun and I played a "legal" copy a few months back and it was damn good. But I like to track my playtime, so Im waiting for the Steam version. It can drop any time now.
I'm being serious about it being a lot of fun at least.
I just unlocked Tier 7 and 8 and i feel like i won't stop playing this until i have "completed" it in so far you can

Reactions: Li Kao

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
Reactions: PhaZZe

crimsonheadGCN

MetaMember
Jan 20, 2019
Clifton, New Jersey
www.resetera.com

Reactions: Mor and lashman
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Climbing in uncharted games is pretty unremarkable
That is why I mentioned 3, or at least because chase sequences lead to you having to climb stuff and when ever you had to climb stuff that did feel satisfying.

So it's not climbing in general for that series but in certain situations. The best way to explain it, is sort of like in AC games when ever you have to do the secret tomb places in order to get legendary Assassins equipment, but with AC you do those parts a lot quicker. The point being that climbing could feel satisfying.

ACU has some of the best climbing overall though just because of how fluid it feels especially compared to OG AC that was released about 8 years prior?
Do we need to obtain a licence from Nintendo first before talking about them or will we get sued non the less.

I mean we are featuring their IP without permission /s

Last edited:

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
So, Quantic is releasing all of their games at the same time right before the Steam Sale? That's strange. I hope they'll bundle and discount everything to make it super enticing.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
So, Quantic is releasing all of their games at the same time right before the Steam Sale? That's strange. I hope they'll bundle and discount everything to make it super enticing.
It's about a week before the sale right? Also that is when Journey is getting released as well?

Did those games ever fix the issue that they had with Ryzen CPUs?

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Just a reminder that Heavy Rain came out June 24th and Beyond came out July 22nd.

If they're releasing on June 18th that means none of these games truly had a full year exclusivity period.

Detroit is 6 months, Beyond is 10 and Heavy Rain is 11.
Interesting. I know someone who wants to play Detroit, and they were expecting it at the end of the year.

Reactions: lashman

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I'm playing those QD demos and oh boy these games sure are something. Just off a quick impression of the demo I would not be a big fan of these games but these will be making some memories with these games. So by do the first 2 games have native DS4 support but the last one doesn't? The other two know that I am using a DS4 and will even let me shake my controller but in Detroit it thinks I am using an Xbox Controller. And I guess Detroit wants you to use the latest Nvidia drivers since it popped up a message mentioning that

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland

Finished Vagrant Story. Still great after all these years. The art style, translation and soundtrack are impeccable.

Seriously? What the hell?
Yup. I guess it was used to ensure that the codecs needed for the voice commands and such to work were present. I think it was changed pretty quickly after launch to just install actual necessary codecs instead of everything.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Does anyone play dota? Huge update with BP today. Also if anyone needs a NA/EUW guild hmu.
how beginner friendly is the game? Also how is the BP, is it good ? bad. Were the previous ones better, is there enough content for regular to justify buying it sort of a thing?

Finished Vagrant Story. Still great after all these years. The art style, translation and soundtrack are impeccable.
How did you end up playing the game? I have felt like buying something like a PSTV to play some of my games that I purchased on PSN, but I would also like to do screenshots and stuff like that.

And how long did it take you to beat this game?

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
Just checked QB games announcement thread on /r/games and as usual there are a lot of people who don't know that the games have been available on PC for one year. Thanks Epic!

I started playing satisfactory with a legally purchased copy from the EpicGameStore, the best launcher* and holy shit this game is amazing? and hella addicting, it's like Anno on crack

I literally have a hard time telling myself to stop playing this

*please download fortnite

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
I have felt like buying something like a PSTV to play some of my games that I purchased on PSN, but I would also like to do screenshots and stuff like that.
You don't need to buy a PSTV (Unless you want to play Vita games). You can simply download any games you've bought from PSN using PSDLE browser extension, decrypt the .pkg file and run it in RetroArch.

For taking screenshots, you can either run RetroArch via Steam Client and let Steam Overlay take care of it, or you can use RetroArch's built-in screenshot hotkey.

Last edited:
Reactions: Li Kao and PC-tan

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Stellaris is really crazy. I can understand how people get pulled into games like this. I think I like Civ a bit better ATM, but I'll keep at it till I play through this empire and see where it goes.

It's a nice change of pace from Cold Steel 3 which I'm still working through. Chapter 3 is a slow start after the insanity of Chapter 2, but I'm ready for more!

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
You don't need to buy a PSTV (Unless you want to play Vita games). You can simply download any games you've bought from PSN using PSDLE browser extension, decrypt the .pak file and run it in RetroArch.

For taking screenshots, you can either run RetroArch via Steam Client and let Steam Overlay take care of it, or you can use RetroArch's built-in screenshot hotkey.
I may look more into this in the near future. Also would RetroArch work best for PSOne games? What about PSP games? I don't really know to much about the program

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
How did you end up playing the game? I have felt like buying something like a PSTV to play some of my games that I purchased on PSN, but I would also like to do screenshots and stuff like that.

And how long did it take you to beat this game?
Emulation on PC, specifically Beetle HW core on Retroarch.
The in-game clock puts me just under 26 hours, I don't know how accurate it is exactly but that sounds about right.

Reactions: PC-tan
Status
Not open for further replies.