Community MetaSteam | May 2020 - We May Or May Not Be Around In June!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
The Deponia games are a riot :face-with-tears-of-joy:
I may or may not need to think about getting some more Daedalic adventures after this.

In other news I've started Tomb Raider Anniversary since I'm still kind of in a Tomb Raider mood and figured I'd go check out some of the older ones, and since this is a remake of the first game it made a lot of sense.
Haven't played much but first impression is positive. And it sure looks very good for its age.

13 years old and runs easily at 4k@140fps.
I'm always impressed when old games just easily run on whatever you want them to compared to modern games that are fps or sometimes even resolution locked (looking at you in particular japanese console ports!).

freshVeggie

almost there
Sep 7, 2018

Developed in collaboration with Valve and Microsoft, our breakthrough VR headset delivers a more immersive, comfortable, and compatible experience.
Resolution
Immerse yourself in ultra sharp visuals with mura-free, 2160 x 2160 LCD panels per eye and full RGB stripe. At 9.3 million pixels, get 2.5x more pixels than Oculus Rift S.3

Lenses

Get more clarity over the previous gen with new industry-leading lenses designed by Valve.

Audio

Get a high quality audio experience with industry-leading Valve speakers. They sit off the ear by 10mm, allowing you to have a more comfortable fit.
Nice that big companies are upgrading their line-up. Index is superior in many aspects of the headset, let alone controllers.
But as usual, doubt it'll be affordable to me yet. :confounded-face:

• Love
Reactions: lashman

freshVeggie

almost there
Sep 7, 2018
  • Ctrl-Shift-Esc will also launch Task Manager if Explorer is dead and your system tray is gone.
  • You can find the binary for any executing process in the process table by right clicking and pick "Show File Location".
  • You can add and remove columns, and reorder them by dragging and dropping.
  • Task Manager loads in reduced mode (just showing processes, for example) if there aren't enough resources available. "It's one of the very few apps that won't just 'fail and bail' when things go wrong," Plummer says.
  • Hold Ctrl, Alt, and Shift while restarting Task Manager if it's been corrupted, which will reset all internal settings to its factory originals.
  • If only the graph loads, double-click in the dead space in the client to switch back to normal mode.

Reactions: lashman and ISee

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California

Wasn't really expecting a sensual retro PC build video to see today but here we are :lewdblob:
I didn't realize that DF turned into LGR. Also I guess this is what Alex has been working on for the last week or so since I did see this photo of him earlier this week I think. But the video itself is new.

Sunday is normally when DF does Retro video and it's not Sunday today

I need the PCVR version.
My Vinyl OST should be arrive next week, so I look forward to that

Well, as the moment gets closer, new things related to the Steam summer event are appearing, the schedule page to be more specific with a list of games that will be shown (and also some that are unnanounced at the moment)

It also features the calendar (feature that eonden will surely appreciate) and a great number of options for the AMA, wishlists and a little preview with the tiny_trailers.

Please, take a look if you want :)

That VN section though, it seems that there is an H game that is going to do a Q&A and shows up as part of the calendar on there (you need to be able to see Adult content in order for it to show up though).

Yeah I didn't even know what it was
The game also has cross play and people don't seem to like the game based off some of the reviews

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Spent all day downloading Dirt Rally 2.0 (100 GB, phew!)

I love it. I like a good racing game and this one so far is great fun.

Also i love the 'realism'. Twice ive done pretty good on a couple of stages only to bash in my headlights on the next stage and then get stuck with a night stage without being able to see anything. I really like how no matter how well you are doing you are only one big smash away from ruining the whole event.

Its sense of speed is good too. I haven't blinked for about an hour now.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Lara is a proffesional
Unlike her faux american counterpart Laura
Haha, I've played a bit more and the difference is amusing.
Rice: the first bear encounter results in a dramatic escape sequence and has you gather stuff to craft poison arrows to stun the thing
Anniversary: the first bear encounter is a tutorial that teaches you how to backflip dodge an attack and headshot counter :02ohoho:

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Haha, I've played a bit more and the difference is amusing.
Rice: the first bear encounter results in a dramatic escape sequence and has you gather stuff to craft poison arrows to stun the thing
Anniversary: the first bear encounter is a tutorial that teaches you how to backflip dodge an attack and headshot counter :02ohoho:
Sometimes
Simple works

Reactions: Ascheroth

Snakethesniper

Time Traveler
Jan 11, 2019
For the people that played Deep Rock Galactic, are you basically force to do the first mission that fill the progress bar alone? I can't find anyone doing them. I imagine they're kind of a tutorial of the various types of missions?

liezryou

MetaMember
Oct 31, 2018

Is this new or did I totally blank out on it. AMD got its own Gamestream.
I actually had no idea about this either. It will be interesting to test this vs steam link. For some reason i always get insane input lag on steam link (which goes away if i use the on screen controls on my ipad).

liezryou

MetaMember
Oct 31, 2018
After weeks of sales i don't care about, of course as soon as i change my country back to USA theres actually a developer sale i'm super interested in. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia

xxr

Member of the Abyss
Dec 21, 2018
See the price like having part of the bundle but without purchasing anything in my account.
I presume you're interested in buying something outside Steam so you can purchase a bundle on Steam with a discount?

Unfortunately I don't think there's an easy way to tell what the discount will end up being. Only thing you can do is to ask someone who owns that particular set of games what price they're seeing.

Last edited:

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Hmmmmmh what to do what to do, finally a sale on one of the two realistic WW2 multiplayer FPSs that I really want to play, but its only 20% and pretty much all my steam funds so cant buy cards haha.

Anyone try out Hell Let Loose? I'm also interested in Post Scriptum. They both look pretty much the same.

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
Have limited budget. Saving for Summer Sale event..
Need thoughts on
  • Mechanicus (-65% off)
  • Dawn of War II Grandmaster Collection (-75% off)
  • Battlefleet Gothic Armada 1 or 2 (-75 and -70% off)
  • Space Hulk Tactics (-75% off) (What happened to older Space Hulk games?)
  • Mordheim: City of the Damned (-70% off)
:wd_comfy:

Reactions: Li Kao

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Need thoughts on
  • Mechanicus (-65% off)
Dawn of War II is a classic and the best 40k game available. If you are a fan of the franchise it's a no brainer and even a good pick for all RTS fans. You control less units than in a typical RTS like StarCraft or C&C, micro management, positioning (cover), and holding strategic points is important.
The game is now 11 years old and while it runs very well on a modern OS/System UI scaling is a bit of a problem in higher resolution.
For content in the pack: A lot of stuff in there seems to be for the "Last Stand" Multiplayer mode. It's a PvE arena survival mode for 4 players and the DLC adds various heroes for players to choose. It was very popular for a couple of years. If you want to save a bit of money, just get Dawn of War 2 + Chaos Rising + Retribution (proper DLCs). Unless the whole package is the cheaper option, of course.

No idea what the difference is between Space Hulk (2013) and the a bit newer Space Hulk Tactics (2018) is. I only played the 2013 iteration and that wasn't a good game.

I think you can skip Armada 1. Armada 2 is a tuned down 4x strategy game with emphasize on a strategic, real time combat mode. Though you can not "overpower" your enemies with fleet size as your fleets are limited by resource points (increases throughout the campaign). This means your fleets are mostly similar in size and power to enemy fleets etc.
Combat does not necessary concentrate on destroying the enemy fleet, holding strategic points is just as important. Many "maps" also have modifiers like for example asteroids randomly cruising around. Still it can get a bit repetitive over time, but worth the 12€ asking price imo.

Mordheim has it's fan base and it can be some fun in MP. It is a wildly accurate Table Top iteration. You'll want to buy all the DLC here too as it adds more factions and units. But overall I'd say: Skip. Unless you really like Mordheim, I guess.

Stevey

Gromlintroid
Dec 8, 2018
Need thoughts on
  • Mechanicus (-65% off)
DOW II is essential.

Mechanicus is a pretty neat TBT, but it got a bit repetitive for me.

I couldnt get into the Gothic Armada games, not played the bottom two.

Reactions: Li Kao
Status
Not open for further replies.