Community MetaSteam | May 2020 - We May Or May Not Be Around In June!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Why is that amazon game even on steam, why isn't it using its own launcher? I though amazon hates the 30 percent cut as well?
Does Amazon Games have it's own launcher?

And if so, why would they put their games on that? If lucky, they might get 500 players or 1k if Im reaching.

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
It's weird I've gotten beta keys for games and they end up just fine. It's how Inti Creates made their free DLC available when you purchase their game (this is still about Dragon Marked for Death key correct)? If they made the key as a free on the store page it would've worked out just fine but since it was bundled up together it seems to have made this much more difficult.

Though I don't know how you feel about having a 'beta' key vs a store copy on your list of games through your account settings
That game is bit weird, it has separate depot for beta than regular release.

Might end up that they don't update it and he'll be stuck with whatever version they push there.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Of course, it is in the 18.50€ tier. :kappa:

Booo!

Wouldn't surprise me if the publishers of these games just haven't even taken notice. They clearly haven't opted out or in.

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
I kind of want to try the Desperados demo but at the same time I don’t want to get Desperados before I habe played Shadow Tactics. Wanted to play that for 3 years now and there was always something in the way
I think you owe to yourself to play on of the best games in the last years. If anything, you should be putting other games aside to play Shadow Tactics.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Surprisingly apt comparison! Nice one :)
It's too bad the home video market that helped Waterworld make a profit after a while is the entirety of the game market. Crucible is more like Heaven's Gate or Cutthroat Island in terms of bombing.

Reactions: Li Kao

BoosterDuck

Goon Squad
Sep 20, 2018
20H1 is available now if you update in settings btw

Reactions: xxr and lashman

xinek

日本語が苦手
Apr 17, 2019
I'm looking for more friends on Steam, so if you want to add me then that would be great.

I'm online all the time, but I use Steam's invisible mode.
I added you, and I like your tag. 🤘

Reactions: lashman

Avern

MetaMember
May 14, 2020
Oh boy, oh boy! Umihara Kawase Fresh comes out tomorrow and I can't wait for some sweet "rubbering action"!

But wow, Studio Saizensen must've had a nasty falling out with Nicalis. The game won't support English despite having already been localized for the Switch version, and the page has a footnote about English coming later in 2020. I guess they're having to redo the localization to get control of it back. Shitty, but I guess that's to be expected from Nicalis.

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
Fucking yes! I've been waiting for the founders sub to be available again to subscribe to GeforceNOW but if it becomes part of Steam, well that is perfect!
I wonder if this is Steam bringing Nvidia's GeforceNOW into Steam or just Steam making it clear that GFN isn't actually a store front and there's no reason for developers to be opting out of it if they are selling on Steam.

Feels like the latter to me, but I hope its the former.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
I wonder if this is Steam bringing Nvidia's GeforceNOW into Steam or just Steam making it clear that GFN isn't actually a store front and there's no reason for developers to be opting out of it if they are selling on Steam.

Feels like the latter to me, but I hope its the former.
Yeah I hope also it's more baked into to Steam, like it's just pressing play like usual but instead it uses GeforceNOW to Stream it. But not sure what's in it for Geforce, they dont get money nor get to push their launcher onto people.

Reactions: QFNS

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Wish they did their own solution instead of adopt geforce now and make it opt-out rather than opt-in for people who publish their games on the platform.

Reactions: QFNS and lashman

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
That´s pretty cool, would be nice if the geforcenow launcher was not needed tho´.

Reactions: ISee

Milena

Lost in VR
Jan 4, 2019
That TLoS2 gameplay didn't wow me, but I'll most certainly play on easy this time, just enjoying the story (and the gayness, hopefully).

My brother agreed to lend me his PS4 and his copy of the game, so I'm set :coffee-blob:

Reactions: lashman and ISee

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
Will I be paid differently for sales of my game on Steam if it is opted into Steam Cloud Play?

No. You will still be paid the same way you are paid now for your application sales (both package and in game sales). Steam Cloud Play is simply giving Steam users more options on where and how to play their PC games. It is similar to how players play games from their Steam Library through the Steam Remote Play or on an additional computer.
As it should be. Fuck anyone who expects users to pay for a new 'cloud' copy of a game they already own.

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
I kind of want to try the Desperados demo but at the same time I don’t want to get Desperados before I habe played Shadow Tactics. Wanted to play that for 3 years now and there was always something in the way
I loved Shadow Tactics and it would be a very good pre-Desperados taster. Also by the time you finish it Desperados will probably be cheaper and patched a bit.

Its win-win.

----------------------

Holy shit. Dirt 2 is over 100 gigglebytes.

Last edited:

Deleted member 113

Some great looking stuff in there.
In terms of Japanese titles, there's a new game from CAVYHOUSE (Midnight Sanctuary, Forget Me Not: My Organic Garden, ...):

And Onion Games (Dandy Dungeon, BLACK BIRD, ...):

Among others.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Are you me ?

Reactions: BlueOdin

Deleted member 113

The price on Umihara Kawase Fresh! is beyond disappointing.

The game launched on the switch a year ago, for $39,99 (which naturally, for Europe, turned into €39,99).
Every time I look, the game is being sold for much less (once again, the game is currently on sale at the e-shop for €19,99).

On Steam, the price is... €49,99 (higher than the switch price!), with a 20% launch discount, that places it at €39,99 (the PC discounted price is the full price on the switch).

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
When is the summer sale ? Wondering if I should wait for Mafia 1 / Commandos 1 / Homeworld Emergence to hit the sale or splurge on Gog.
All or some of them, it's a very unfiltered wishpost.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
As it should be. Fuck anyone who expects users to pay for a new 'cloud' copy of a game they already own.
Amen. Nobody gets to charge, decide or forbid what we run the products we paid for on. Nvidia giving in to publishers was shameful and sets a worrying precedent.

I fear this kind of conversation is only going to keep happening as long as legislation doesn't really understand computing nor how it should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.